AMD Radeon Vega Early Performance

>According to the report from TechReport who got to thoroughly test the Vega sample with 8 GB VRAM in DOOM, this specific sample is somewhere in between the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 levels of performance. When set to Nightmare settings, the game reported max frame times of 24.8ms. We also recorded some gameplay of DOOM running on the Vega sample while we were at AMD’s CES event.

wccftech.com/amd-vega-gpu-pictures-hbm2-official/

>ayymd not even released card
>already lost to one year old mid range Nvidia card

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-vega-gpu-pictures-hbm2-official/
universityherald.com/articles/56607/20161222/amd-vega-10-outscores-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-at-rra-gpu-certification-teases-launch-at-gdc-2017-video.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DELET THIS

AYYYYYMAD FINISHED & BANKRUPT

>wccftech.com/amd-vega-gpu-pictures-hbm2-official/
did they release a price yet?

It's shittier than a 1080 so probably cheaper than one too

there's some Sup Forums-tier shitposting levels in this thread. where did it all go so wrong?

I have a 1080 ;)

It's time to move to 4k bro, it's 2017.

why do these threads always start with these exact two posts

shady as fuck

Sup Forums = Sup Forums 2.0; electric boogaloo

> (You)
>It's time to move to 4k bro, it's 2017.
I meant a GTX 1080 haha!
But yeah my monitor is only 1080p, need to get a new one but stores near me only stick 1080p and I don't wanna wait for delivery!

1070 and 1080 are mid range?

Yeas. We'r running double Titan X(P) here, and some peasantas running Radeon Pro Duo, hahaha loosers.

Since when is a 1070 or 1080 midtier range?
Wtf Sup Forums

>1070
>mid-range
So what does that make the 1060?

poorfag range (?)

will get better with drivers and the amount of butt hurt will only depend on the launch price.

Ryzen lineup:
8C/16T 3.6/4.0 Black Edition - 549$
8C/16T 3.6/3.9 - 449$
8C/16T 3.4/3.7 - 399$
8C/8C 3.4/3.6 - 299$

fake and gay

>wccftech.com/amd-vega-gpu-pictures-hbm2-official/
>they taped up the vents
>trottling because over heating because no airflow

Gee bait much.

still buying one I've been looking at hbm2 for so long can't back off now.

besides GDDR_X looks like shit in the long run
and fuck having no DX12 and async

I'll take my chances with a unfinished drivers and sub par profromance hit over shitty outdated DX support and gimping.

>"Its worth noting that the system vents were taped up"

So it's just as good as Nvidia then?

>>they taped up the vents
what the actual fuck
I knew wccftech was shit, but what exactly were they trying to prove?

Because is the samefag.

"Though that performance might not sound so impressive, it’s worth noting that all of the demo system’s vents (including the graphics card’s exhaust) were taped up, and it’s quite likely the chip was sweating to death in its own waste heat. By my rough estimate, that puts the early Vega card inside somewhere between the performance of a GTX 1070 and a GTX 1080 in Doom. via TechReport"

Seriously tho

How do they stack up against X99 and Kaby Lake?

1.7 pork shoulders somebody call 911 the way its meant to be delayed

its all terrible
remember you are here forever

They taped to power connector, not the vents
And it never overheated nor did anybody say that
Not that temps were visible in the text anyways
If you're gonna shill memes, at least shill the right ones

>This is what shills actually believe

And don't forget the case had a shot load of fans, and at least in the Linustouchtips video, was tested with the side panel off

You can literally see the taped up vents right there on the left you nigger. They just took off the panel for the video.

thats the devcard innit?

The dev card is the only card

>i don't think it's performing like it should but I have zero evidence to back that up
>because I think it's underperforming, I'm gonna add a "rough estimate" of what I think the performance would be without a strip of tape over the power connectors
>Suddenly is 1080
I mean I love vega and what it could bring to the GPU market, it's nice to see that Polaris wasn't the end-all of the year for AMD, but this fucking pajeet has been spreading lies and fueling zen predjudice since the demo

x60 - budget
x70 - mid
x80 - upper

it's always been like this

Nvidia has never been budget
Old cards are budget, new cards are just resuppliers for the used nvidia market, which is the real market

Who am i

A patrician.

>AMD releases Vega
>Requires three 8pin PCI connectors

What's this port do?
I've never seen one on a GPU before

No, it's still in R&D and won't be released for 2-4 months yet.

The engineering sample shown off previously was also doing ~20% better than the 1080. It sounds really odd for a newer engineering sample to suddenly be underperforming, considering it's the ever-reliable wcctech, and seeing the kinds of posts in this thread, I'm pretty sure this is an nvidia shill thread.

looks like USB3 B(which is USB2 B with an extra fucking thing tacked on, for reverse compatibility

Similar IPC, clock speeds are unknown. It's going to come down to clock speeds. If ryzen can meet or exceed intel, it's going to be better.

Literally explained in the LTT video that screencap is from

pic related

its for the developers, it helps monitoring all the shit that is going on

It's an engineering sample, that's there so the GPU can be quickly edited/played around with during development and testing.

>All this preemptive damage control
>Implying 1080ti will not be underwhelming

universityherald.com/articles/56607/20161222/amd-vega-10-outscores-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-at-rra-gpu-certification-teases-launch-at-gdc-2017-video.htm

Two Unreleased GPUs, somehow one is better.

AMD also said the furyX beat the Titan X at the time.
They were full of shit.

I don't even want Vega to beat the 1080. I'm fine with it being only as good as the 1070 (which is already ridiculously fast), as long as it is max $300 and is the same size as the Fury Nano.

All cards are 30cm long monsters, this needs to stop.

Fucking hell that bait is shyte.

>vents on left
I didn't know we placed vents on the left of cards now vs. on the bottom side

>2017
>Still failing for AMD's cherry picked benches and presentations

I knew their Vega will be a piece of shit the moment they released that Vulkan benchmark in Doom. Doom on Vulkan makes every AMD card look good. Look at Fury X, this card beats 1070/980 Ti by few fps when using Vulkan in Doom while being 10-20 fps behind in OpenGL and dx11 games. Vega would literally have to beat 1080 by 20-30% in Vulkan in order to be competitive in overall performance. RIP AMD's GPU division, at least I might buy your CPU if you don't fuck that up and get me something with more than 4c/4t for less than Intel.

user Vega will cost at least $500, probably more. There is just no way you will get a HBM2 GPU that tries to compete with a $700 GPU for $300.

fury x the dream for overclockers :*)

>implying it's not the driver's fault.
that's why it's not release yet doofus.

>"Though that performance might not sound so impressive, it’s worth noting that all of the demo system’s vents (including the graphics card’s exhaust) were taped up"

Direct quote from the guy who estimated the performance to be between 1070 and 1080

If you watched the video it explains that all vents were covered so people cant peer in at the guts
The top was covered, the back was covered, even the slim grille on the front was covered

OP you lying piece of shit.

>FIJI unoptimized drivers
>all videos show it beating the 1080

Why lie on the internet friendo?

How are amd fanboys so delusional? People think vega will be $300 and 8c/16t ryzen will be $350. Do they just want to be disappointed?

Here is what we know

1) compared to ryzen, the slowest ryzen ES was about 17% slower than the 3.4 minimum amd stated, so this gpu could be 17% slower, and amd actually scales proportionally when clocked higher so that would be actually 17% better

2) because of people getting hands on with the doom demo, we know it was using hacked together drivers at best. so there is another area where vast improvements can be made

3) they showed it off so far only in taped off boxes with shit airflow possibly throttling the hell out of the gpu.

what we are looking at here is a potential jump of upwards 40% frome where benchmarks currently put it, both battlefield and doom, above or right at a 1080

Now because all these gpus will be the shit that we get that wasn't good enough for enterprise, amd may also price them aggressively to boot. does anyone know how much hbm costs? because 8gb of gddr5 costs us 80$

not to mention, if amd wants to fend off gameworks and the like being used nearly as much as it is, they have to get market share, if they actually have an enterprise buyers, they could just say fuck it on the consumer side and price so aggressively they just break even, amd requires marketshare, and the only way they will do that is if they get people to use it, and the only way they will do that is if they make it so god damn good a deal you would have to be retarded not to.

nah, amd said polaris has the 300$ and lower market, wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't a vega card above 500$ though, we see how cheap 600mm cards can be sold at proffits with hbm on them, so we know they don't have to be price premium.

as for the cpu, amd specifically said they were considering the i7 price point for it, and showed it off in comparison to one, at worst its 500$ as that was their other price point they were thinking of, but at this point after all the hinting it would be a marketing failure to do go 500, still a solid price point for the power, but a marketing failure none the less.

>3) they showed it off so far only in taped off boxes with shit airflow possibly throttling the hell out of the gpu.

exactly and if my 290x is anything to go by, having a taped up box with constrained airflow would make a great housefire.

joking aside, any gpu with hampered airflow would severely reduce its performance.

not necessarily but it is a possibility, i doubt they were showing a throttling to hell card as the performance would be far more inconsistent, 1 and 2 are FAR more likely to be areas where the card is lacking though

When ryzen comes out and it is $500 plus you will all deny you ever thought it would be $350 and claim it was just Intel shills shitposting.

last time I checked 8t/16c was 500$ CPU

>buying a $500 amd cpu
lmao xd xd

Tell that to this guy.

I waited for vega 2 months. Should I just get a 1070 now?

amd at ces literally said 'the company openly asked journalists what it should be priced at. Price an eight-core Ryzen at around £400/$500 and you bring down the cost of eight-core chips to that of a six-core—a solid move for consumers, but not one that will greatly affect mainstream performance. Price it the same as a quad-core i7-7700K—about £300/$330—and you dramatically shake up the industry. The decision is yet to be made.'

fuck no we won't say 'we never thought it would be 350' we will be fucking livid that amd teased the price matching i7 and then didn't.

that said, at 500$ it's at the top of what i'm willing to pay.

If you can hold out hold out, there is good reason to believe amd is going to drop a fairly big hammer with vega...

If they do, nvidia will launch the 1080ti and likely cut 1070 and 1080 prices, or vega could be compelling enough buy on its own, as there is good reason to suspect that the dev board isn't the final clock and sure as fuck was not the ready driver.

The Fury X competes with the 1070 now.

And if you're not on 1440p or 4k yet, don't even.bother with any of these cards until you get a freesync monitor.

I hardly believe in prices dropping. Since I started looking for a 1070 to buy the prices only went up.
I'm using a 1080p monitor, maybe I'll buy a 2K or 4K, but don't buy into this adaptive sync meme, games look good for me at 60 FPS. Anyway, I also want a card for computing.

Are you reffering to the currently cheap sapphire fury nitro card? Because that's not selling at a profit, that's sapphire/newegg cutting losses. The fury cards sold like shit and there's tons of stock left over. They're completely out of production at this point.

Even at $260 it seems like no one is buying them, they'd rather have a much less power hungry 480 8gb or 1060 6gb.

This is coming from someone who owns said cheap fury nitro card and has been very happy with it.

Retard, adaptive sync's primary function is to prevent screen tearing when you dip a little below, or come a little above, 60fps. The fact that most panels also support up to 144hz is just a bonus and implies faster response times all around.

It surprises me that this card is slower than the 220 gt

Uh, can't one just use vsync?

Lots of input lag you dummy

Dear god.

did I pass?

I just want it to be good enough so I can buy it with a Freesync monitor and won't be forced to get a G-sync one

AMD, YES!

I know it probably won't be $300. I just said I want a $300 version of it, even if it is slower. Even a 480 would have enough performance for me, I just want it in a small form factor, that fits in extremely small cases and requires almost no air to cool.

Also Polaris has MSRP of like $240 or something, that translates to $300 retail. So the lowest end Vega might even be $300, or else they have a huge gap in their lineup if lowest end Vega is $500 or even $400.

>we see how cheap 600mm cards can be sold at proffits with hbm on them

Fury had such shit yields that the Pro Duo had a third, non-functional Fiji die packaged next to the card.

>I waited for vega 2 months. Should I just get a 1070 now?

If you are that great at holding out, wait for the 2070 in late 2017.

>Vulkan
>Not cherry picked DOA API in which a Fury X looks better than 1070/980 Ti when in reality it's 15 fps behind in 99,9% of games.

I came here to laugh at you.

>The Fury X competes with the 1070 now.

I love those threads.

I havent upgraded im still on a r9 290
but hearing that it will cost me almost half to get the same performance out of a 1070 is GREAT NEWS

true, not sure why people think amd is bankrupt. this IS good news

>Vega will cost less than $200 now
please tell me you're just pretending to be retarded

It doesn't matters if the vents are taped, that's a reference cooler, hot air is pushed out by the vents in the second slot used by the GPU and from other pictures we know the second slot isn't taped.

go watch teh fucking linus tech tips video where he talks with the pajeet guy, the tape is purely to hide the components underneath and did fucking nothing to performance

>january 5
>before CES 2017

oh wow, its fucking nothing

the screen shows a frame when your gpu is ready, that alone makes it very worthwhile even outside of the vsync shit its advertised for.

and as for the 1070, yea, nvidia has not sent the 1070 price higher, Im talking about nvidia just straight dropping the prices across the board, because at the very least vega will be above a 1070, if not 1080 even at dx11

In recent years nvidia has not liked conceding any price point to amd if amd is a good enough option.