What is the Sup Forums certified browser?

what is the Sup Forums certified browser?

There is no solid consensus. Expect many different answers.

none of these

FireFox :3

currently trying out opera neon, it's enjoyable so far

Firefox will be PulseAudio only starting with 52, going to get used to seamonkey starting today.

They're all shit now, or rather web standards are.

Firefox effectively the slowest browser now and its only redeeming value is for webm playback in browser on Macs without draining the battery in 15 seconds.

Chrome is bloated trash that appears fast while consuming enough resources to run 2 copies of Crysis. And if you're on a laptop, enjoy the advertised battery life of your machine dropping to half or less.

Every other browser is basically just a Chrome derivative with the same problems. Brave can't even keep their fucking ad blocker working on Youtube videos for longer than a month at a time.

Firefox is pretty much the only good browser out right now.

lol

Pale Moon

Nothing to lole about there. Opera is by far the fastest browser and has many usefull features no other browser has. You should really use it if you're fine with a chromium-based browser. If you're not use firefox instead

i use opera myself but neon is fucking trash

The current state of web browser can only be characterized as "complete detachment of devs from the real world usage".
Firefox for those who hate speed.
Chromium for those who hate good UI.
IE for those who hate everything.
Edge for those who hate themselves.
Brave for those who get paid for shilling it.
Opera is alright, but some features are really weird and gimmicky.
I should check out how's Vivaldi doing, it used to be very barebones.
As for mobile browsers, Opera used to be the absolute God Tier before September 2016, now it's garbage and there's literally no replacement. I'm inclined to fork Lightning to fix its dumb shit.
>neon
How's your physics engine doing?

Firefox

I overlooked the neon part tbhonest. have never used it but i believe you as most 'enhanced' versions of existing browsers are complete garbage

Opera 12.15

Is Vivaldi any good?

Fuck no

Why?

If you liked the old Opera yes

I've been using it on and off since the start and it's actually p. gud now

It's a website masquerading as a browser.

How so?

chrome. it just werks.

wut

It's basiclaly Chromium running a fullscreen web app, the UI's written in JavaScript.

current tier list

>Outdated and insecure
No

And that's bad?

Why would you want to use a website to browse websites? Browsers exist for a reason.

why though?

Why isn't Brave in scam tier?

GNU emacs
now get out

He said browser, not OS.

summer > winter > spring > fall

dumb question: how can i get my address bar of my browser to execute a command line script? run localhost web service?

I would change spring with summer.

Chrome as long as you have large amounts of meme RAM.

Vivaldi is objectively superior to Opera.

*Chropera

Chrome for speed and security.

Firefox for privacy.

Pretty much the epitome of Italian baroque, but you could argue whether Italian baroque is that worthwhile in itself, with its emphasis on pure ornate beauty over any kind of expressive depth.

I like Opera.
Should I switch ?

i just switched from opera to the new firefox nightly build and its bretty gud .. try it out

If you hate chromium or dont want to use propietary software: yes. Else: no

WebtKit Nightly and Firefox Nightly

Shut the fuck up, Adam

Chrome is far and away the best browser for developers. Have you seen the Chrome developer tools? They are quite literally years ahead of everyone else.

Move Opera to the Botnet Tier

daily reminder that webdev is NOT programming

Your reply made me roll my eyes. I never said programming, I said developers. Web developers are a thing.

>Chrome for speed and security.

Sup Forums is overwhelmingly in favor of chrome.

I reluctantly use firefox and pray for a less cucked alternative in the future

You know, you can go and grab the apk of a previous version for Opera

>OTTERBROWSERMUSTARDRACEREPORTINGIN

fpbp

>KDE web browser that Safari/WebKit are based off of not on list.
user...
Konqueror is the best browser.

Can someone explain to me why opera would be botnet tier? I've seen it posted around here many times but never found any source out of Sup Forums. And no, being chromium is not a good reason to call something a botnet. I'm not an operafag btw, just curious

It's closed source so it absolutely must be a botnet. We'll find out though, the source was just leaked last week

waterfox

That's what I'm doing currently. Also using old versions of quickpic, es explorer and android(still no xposed for N, what the fuck. Even CM themes don't work).

>Firefucks
>Stable as can be
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA