What is the biggest cyber security threat right now?

What does Sup Forums reckon is the biggest threat to cyber security at this moment in time? For nations, companies or individuals.

And let's say you can't say human error, since that's clearly the winner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wUU8bAVgx80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

computer software

Control of DNS

Using Windo-
>you can't say human error
Nevermind.

Russian hackers

Install Arch

99% of security threats are the result of human error.

How much do these """Russian""" hackers weigh?

This.

For consumers, also control of phone numbers. All kinds of web sites from GMail to banks use phone numbers to allow bypassing phone numbers. Phone providers give booth kids $15/hour and full power to reassign your number without verification.

>allow bypassing phone numbers.
t. Retard

I meant passwords

Problem exists between seat and keyboard.

In all seriousness the largest security risk is the user. For example phishing - shouldn't- work but absolutely does.

People with knowledge and intent to do harm

This is a beautiful question, but it really brings out the ugly of Sup Forums in that it's a board full of people screeching about shit but having no idea what anything is or does.

You're a beautiful question, senpai~

malicious silent sms

Technically all our issues are human error, it's just a question of what kind of human error they're making. Users clicking on phishing links and malware attachments, sysadmins not keeping up with patches, managers thinking that if they buy some vendor's magical firewall box they'll be done with security and not have to worry about it anymore, etc.

are you a cute anime girl

Put me in your screenshot

Xserver by a long shot.

Forget your firewalls, VPN's, sandboxes. If you have xserver running you are an open target to literally anyone with an Internet connection.

>Wayland is still in a bad state, from a security standpoint it is generally advised to use OpenBSD/MacOS/Windows currently. I find it quite astounding that GNU/Linux has become known as a secure OS when the xserver vulnerabilities have been around for 10+ years.

Lunduke,...please, I told you to get out of here and take your shitty apps with you!

Spineless Certificate Authorities
You know, the guys who are in control of the green padlock you see in the address bar. These faggits will roll over without the slightest fight when a government agency asks them to.

The next most is Intel management engine built onto every fucking motherboard made in the last 10 years or so. It's a black box, has full access to RAM and network. I'm sure any government agency could get that without much trouble.

Rudy Giulliani and Donald J. Trump

Intel ME.

Your mom (she is a excellent hacker)

Thing about the ME is that for a three-letter agency to exploit it, they'd have to use a very well-targeted attack. If they used it willy-nilly it'd be likely to be noticed. It's not very useful for dragnet full-take mass surveillance.

Gag orders and subpoenas from govts

That doesn't matter if the trick for exploiting it becomes an issue of public information.

Once it's out, and on a long enough time line it will get out, there is no undoing it.

There are no more cyber security threats.
Haven't you heard how great Trump's son is at cyber? He will protect us from the evil Irani and North Korean hackers.

hardware backdoors

This.

Flashplayer

>not patching
>running as admin/system
>single factor authentication
>bad network segmentation
>allowing byod
>poor choice of programming language

some will argue the last should be the first, but you can't fix that.

People

windows and mac os

youtube.com/watch?v=wUU8bAVgx80

jews

-Sup Forums

Bump

Your carelessness.

2FA when one of them is your phone number. Because of this

nuclear missles