Thoughts on pic related?

Thoughts on pic related?

A programming course I'm doing right now at uni makes me use it. It's alright for being a Java piece of shit bloatware.

Intellij supercedes it in every way

Better than eclipse.
Worse than Inttellij.

i use it for java, php, html, css/sass and js and it does the job just fine. miles better than the pile of garbage that is eclipse (at least for what i do, and if i need something else i can always write plugins to do what i need)

godlike

if you can't use it right then you're a fucking moron

It's okay, we use it for my computer science course at uni. I always end up going back to eclipse for some reason though

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

>using delphi instead of lazarus after the .net fiasco with v8 (iirc)
your a meme-ing me, right?

The next thing to be killed by Oracle.
this to be senpai

Enjoy your PublicStaticAbstractDogShitFactories.

IntelliJ is better

>I do not know what lazarus is, nor do I know how to english
noice?!?

Pretty good for java development

IntelliJ is an overrated meme.

Not in price and start time.

What is what?

this

Says the guy who is not paid using it.
It is by far the most efficient IDE out there.

>It is by far the most efficient IDE out there.

Nice try Jetbrains, but your IDE still is shit.

Intellij is chronically single-threaded and takes over keyboard reading from the machine, meaning system-wide key bindings don't work when the window is focused. The debugger interface is also one of the worst I've ever used, and makes eclipse look literate. Format-on-save is also pants-on-head retarded in Intellij and requires way more configuration to setup than should ever be considered reasonable. The run/build target menu is obtuse and the built-in webserver can't manage having a source path different than the project root. Jetbrains saw how Microsoft used the key-chords concept in VS and thought that was just an amazing idea that could never cause problems. Jetbrains also saw the state of C++, where the vast majority of developers used GCC and Makefiles, and said "yeah, let's use cmake cause so many people use vcc".

Dumb fucks. If you aren't using netbeans, you should be using QT Creator for c++ and eclipse for Java. The only thing Intellij is good at is kotlin, and they're writing a netbeans plugin anyway so you don't even need it for that.