Best gaming laptop?

Hey Sup Forums,

I will be going back to college this fall, so I need a new laptop. I need it for the obvious schoolwork, but I also would like it to run games smoothly and with no problems.

What, in your 'educated' opinion, would be the best all around gaming laptop in terms of specs for value? Any particular brands to avoid? I'm not broke, and I would consider paying up to $1,500 for one. Build quality is important.

My brother has an Alienware that he used for school and gaming and it kicked ass, but the general consensus is they are not worth the money.

Thanks for any input guys

Other urls found in this thread:

xoticpc.com
notebookcheck.net/Review-Alienware-M18x-Notebook.55194.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sager notebooks

Install gentoo.

>gaymen laptop

Wew.

Get a dedicated desktop and a cheapie notebook for lectures.

I've never heard of them, but I'll look into it. Thanks.

>(OP)

I'll second this. I'll also recommend if you get a Sager, buy one from XoticPC. I bought mine from them a year ago and it's one of the best laptops I've ever had. They continually update the specs to meet current hardware without any compromises. xoticpc.com

Just check for any laptop with a 6700hq or 7700hq and gtx 1060

Ew no. Laptops are much more comfortable and it's easier having one all round device instead of 2.

>one all round device instead of 2

But then you don't get the best in both. Bad decision to be honest.

Gaymen laptops are bad investment due to restrictive cooling brought about by its compact design. Sure you can game, but it's not fun if it throttles down because it's overheating. That environment increases wear on the device itself so you're probably lucky if it survives a year or two with that kind of abuse.

But then again, whatever floats your boat. Just take this as a warning.

Sup Forums is not your personal tech recomendations, use laptopscribes.com or logicalincrements, or just fuck off.

Fun fact. They don't throttle.

My laptop has HD6900m series in crossfire with an i7 2820qm and it doesn't throttle at all. I'm sure a modern gtx 1060 + 6700hq wouldn't throttle either.

If you have no idea what you're talking about, then try not talking at all because you come off as an idiot.

getting two seperate devices is cheaper and better
stop being fucking retarded

It's funny because you're the idiot here :^)

Yeah, nah, you lying fucker.

All laptops, including gaming ones, throttle on load because their tiny fans can't keep up with the heat it outputs due to said load. If you ever had a laptop doing heavy shit like video editing or image raster I'll bet your ass that it downclocks because they're reaching almost 90c. This is also what happens when you game on it.

Stop justifying your bad purchase decisions. It makes you look pathetic.

>gaming
>laptop

notebookcheck.net/Review-Alienware-M18x-Notebook.55194.0.html

You're an idiot.

>gaming laptop
>tiny fans

Confirmed for someone who's never seen a gaming laptop, yet alone owned one. Mine has 3 blower fans, each as big as a desktop reference card blower.

Just get an MSI g series, they have an amazing cooling system but they lack completely battery life which is about 4hours of light usage.

Don't fall for the gaming laptop meme like I did.

You look like a retard bringing your huge 17' laptop around with you to classes or at a restaurant. And the battery life is garbage.

Get a desktop and a cheap little laptop. Trust me. You get a gaming laptop and you're going to regret it.

In school to learn not play games.

They make 15.6 inch ones with a desktop 1060 and quad core mobile i7.

Stop spouting 8 year old memes.

Still, how bulky is that gonna be? How loud is the fan gonna be? Are you going to lug around the five pound AC adapter every time you're out of the house for more than two hours?

Within six months my gaming laptop stopped leaving my house because of what a pain in the ass it was to bring anywhere.

Still don't fall for it. Gaming on the go on a laptop is pretty terrible. You want some comfort. You want some sick mechanical keyboard and mouse on some nice large monitors in a nice chair. You can do that with a laptop that has all the features of it being a laptop removed.

What will work now and soon easier is a stronger ultra book connected to an external gpu

Not loud unless gaming since it'll only use the igpu.

Not much bulkier than a ThinkPad.
Chargers aren't massive bricks anymore like the old alienwares and battery life on the igpu should be several hours.

Gaming laptops aren't overpriced non portable pieces of shit anymore.

the lightest 1060 laptops are around 14" 4 lbs and have a battery life of 3-6 hours for nearly $2000

An itx build with a rx480 and a 2x the size superwide freesync monitor is about half that. a cheap laptop is about a quarter of that. you can buy ikea furniture to shove in your ass with the rest.

More like 3lb and $1500

Dell Inspiron 7559 or Sager