For those that had the chance to build their dream PC

for those that had the chance to build their dream PC....

did you buy it all at once or piece it together?

if you could go back, what would you do different?

what was the best decision you made along the way?

slowly upgrading to newer parts
>NZXT Red Tower
>MSI Gaming m5 motherboard
>I5 6600k
>128Gb SSD
>1TB
>8GB of DDR4
just need another 8Gb of DDR4, 240mm liquid cooler and a GTX 1070 which should be arriving tomorrow.

Had the Razer mouse from my old PC, it gets the job done. Bought the PC all at once along with the Rosewill Apollo. Month later bought one 144hz 1440p 27" monitor and then two months later picked up two more and the LG ultrawide. Recently got the A5+'s for speakers. Bought the AT2020 and and 702's around the same time. I don't even know what I could really do to improve my set up at this point. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not strapped for cash or anything.

All at once, cost around $5000, key components were a Pentium Pro 200mhz, an Imagine 128 II, I think 64mb of RAM, a Quantum Fireball 1gb drive... forget what else but the screen was a 1600x1200 Sony Trinitron

managed to pay fuckall for everything and I have a pc that far exceeds my needs or even wants.

i5 2500k
some motherboard (not shit)
bitfenix prodigy
450watt antec psu
128gb ssd

then I started building it:

bought a 1050ti for it
16gb of ddr3 ram, 1866mhz (but can only use 1366mhz cause sandytits)
found a 350gb hdd in my basement, 5400rpm
bought a 1tb 7200rpm hdd

I was getting 75c on the stock intel cooler with no overclock, so I bought a different aircooler.
didn't fit with the itx motherboard.
returned it and found an aio watercooler for 50$ which I slapped on and haven't had any issues at all.

brother has a 980 in his workstation, agreed to swap with me for my 1050ti because he had no use for it and wanted lower power consumption and lower temps.

my original goal was a computer that could play some games at 1080p 60fps on high settings, but now it's almost anything much higher than that.

gtx 980
i5 2500k, stock clocks for now.
16gb ram
1tb hdd
350gb hdd
128gb ssd

only thing that would make this build perfect is swapping the i5 for an 3930k i7.

>DDR3
>1155
Upgrade the MB and processor lad.

I literally don't see the point of 1800mhz ram. My computer is stupid fast and it's only 1300mhz. Also if I do that I have to upgrade the psu and I am happy with the way it is now.

no way does 450w power that if you OC

>le 9001 watt psu meme

good one user!

max power with both drives spinning is 375 watt from my wall. 450 is perfectly fine.

Bought it all at once, since my previous build was so outdated that everything needed to be upgraded. Definitely didn't need someone on Sup Forums telling me how to build my shit.

>if you could go back, what would you do different?
Nothing. I had plenty of time to research and plan my build out. It went perfectly smooth.

Its gonna catch up with you at one point.

no, I could leave it the way it is now and be perfectly happy with it for the next 3 or 4 years.

I have like 4 games in steam anyways, I need it more for autocad and solidworks.

A set of unpowered speakers with associated gear to make them work.

Bought it all at once and built it overnight.
I bought all the newest and best components
I won't change anything because i love it just as it is

???? what

Bought it piece by piece over about 4 months. Not including the couple hundred I saved before then.

I'd probably get an i5 instead of an i7, I bought the i7 because fuck it, but an i5 would have easily serviced my needs and I could of deferred that cost to getting a 1080 instead of a 1070, not that my 1070 is a slouch with a 1080p 144hz monitor it's a match made in heaven.

Look at peripherals differently, got a mouse on the cheaper side, didn't like it at all, so I bought a new one a few months in. And like a dummy didn't even notice I didn't buy a full size keyboard, it works, but I miss the num pad, but can't justify the upgrading just yet.

I went for the highest end parts (in my mind) paid a pretty penny, but I do love the thing and it's totally worth it.

However, I did fuck up by not checking all my packages before build day, lo and behold the mother board I bought from amazon had a fucking missing I/O shield, so day of build I scrambled and re-bought it at Micro Center, of course sending the Amazon one for a refund.

So know what you need, like truly, truly know what you need is the best advice I learned.

I suppose that passive speakers would be a better term.

I spent about $1,400 on my 1st gen i7 initially. Later on I got an SSD, built up a RAID, maxed our the RAM, upgraded to SLI, and got the extreme edition CPU for cheapo

Bought my PC by building the main components first then lastly the GPU a year later.

Regrets... Err I could've got an i7 4790 but it's too much for what I would use it in.

Best decision was buying the CM Hyper212. Silent af boi, also never hit'd past 60°c.

basic speks:
i5 4690 + h97 hd-3
Gtx 1070
620w Bronze SeaSonic PSU
120gb SSD + 1TB WD Hdd
16gb ddr3 1333mhz cuz it was cheap

I coule share a picture if you wanna see guts, or muh BST gaymen shit

>3930k
>1155

it's fun when u browse /g i realize why there is global warming ppl who live in eu or another countrys use 1 monitor but amerifats using 4-5 monitors wasting electric plus they fuckin doing nothing productive just watching anime all day long and jacking off.

There's no point any more because Linux really cant make use of it, and running windows 10 isn't worth it.

>msi
Oh God you sorry excuse for a human

I regret not buying tons of ddr4 a year ago

I really feel like I fucked up there

turns out i hate multiple monitors and anything past a core2 is a waste

/shrugs/