Big if true

big if true

what about mac

>0----5----10
>A
Shits-given-o-meter

why would it need a specific cpu? I've got a 4K monitor on a fucking PhenomII right now. Wouldn't it be more dependent on the GPU?

Is that Donna from the That 70s show?

DRM

Because of illegal Microsoft-Intel collusion to force obsolescence on Windows 7

there's no legitimate reason at all, it's JUST that

Jokes on them.
I'll get my shit for free elsewhere with a program called transmission.

Ah, I see

I don't think planned obsolescence is illegal.

How does 4K add value if the biggest factor in perceived video quality is the HUGE amount of compression artifacts.

Seriously, if Netflix instead of streaming in 4K used that same bandwidth for a 1080p stream quality would be so much better.

To bad all idiots fall for the "it's a bigger number" meme.

But... why...

cucktels will defend this. This is what you get when you dont buy AMD

Bandwidth is a number too.

>cucktels

they prefer to be called incels

sorta looks like it

top drm

Yes, but higher bandwith actually improves quality.

we had this thread weeks ago

Whatever happened to providing a better service than pirating to get customers?

Guess they won't be getting my money.

>streaming

You're american I guess? IN developed parts of the world there is litterally no difference in experience between playing media from a local source or streaming from the interwebs. Also no caps/limits.

yes

If you need your streaming shit so badly, can someone please tell me why would anyone ever pay for netflix to watch indie shit from the 90s instead of Popcorn Time? I recently tried out Netflix and I was baffled when I found out there is absolutely nothing to watch past the first few days aside from original series crap that I had already watched elsewhere. It just boggles my mind. This thing is so aggressively shilled everywhere, but then I got to try it out and I was baffled with how there is hardly anything that came out in recent years so you just end up rewatching some random shit from decades ago. By the second week I legit ran out of stuff to watch so I really can't understand how is it possible for one to keep paying for this crap for years or even months on end.

>no difference
>except the quality

>pirating
Where do you learn how to sail a ship?
Do you have a big crew?

Bullshit. Let's assume you want to stream a BDRip. While it's already lossy compared to BD-ROM, its bitrate is usually somewhere about 10Mbps. Run 10 streams from a server, and you'll max out an expensive datacenter link. Therefore, streaming is always inferior to a local media in terms of bitrate, see how youtube compresses the shit out of 1080p.

nobody gives a shit, only retards stream. In fact, I have never met anyone who does.

I'm not an ameritard and I believe streaming is shit. Download your video/music and keep it forever. It's also free if you torrent AND you won't depend on internet.
It's true that it makes no difference in quality, but I just prefer keeping files.

>what about mac
Macs are PCs, just like Raspberry Pis or the Acorn Archimedes. The headline is wrong and really refers to WCs.
Please tell me what site that is, so I can nullroute it for spreading misinformation.

>It's true that it makes no difference in quality
do all yuropoors have bad eyesight?

It isn't because commie-scare and big-corp "free" market rhetoric, unfortunately.

This. It is old as fuck news and we already came to the same conclusion. Nobody but normal fags give a fuck.

My friend is streaming in FHD. His entire "smart" TV works over net. Unlike cuckmerika we have proper internet speeds here.

Next you're going to say that FHD on youtube is the same FHD as a fucking 30+gb movie

>This is what you get when you dont buy AMD
What the ability to play 4K? What you get when you do buy AMD, butmad.

Hardware decoding support for the Netflix 4K codec.

so this is about poorfags with integrated graphics and laptop kiddies?

No, but who mentioned youtube?

Other streaming services also do this, quality is almost always shittier because of compression and low bandwidth
Doesn't matter if I have 100mbps or 1gbps internet if the streaming service is shit, while it doesn't matter if I have 10gbps or 1mbps after downloading a proper movie, I will watch it at full quality

She gets naked in that show.

No, your GPU doesn't matter you need Kaby Lake

Of course not, why would it be? Forcing people to continue to support a product when there are already plenty of alternatives would be slavery. Unless you are some retard who believes 4K streaming is a right even though it didn't even exist when you bought windows7.

Found the retard. Fuck off back to >>>/reddit/ berniebro.

kekd

>no difference in quality

This is what third worlders actually believe.

Implying the rest of the world is still stuck on 10/100 links

Amerifats please go

>implying a BD-Rom is lossless

I don't think he was implying that.

It's definitely true, but if word gets out to the normies especially after Zen consumer release they'll throw a fit and Netflix will backpedal faster than a man with one testicle riding the Tour de France in reverse.

they are probably using a low-bandwidth codec(like h.265) which usually requires more cpu processing.

>lossy compared to BD-Rom

Nope. It's a hardware decoder, you need to have it on your CPU or it cannot decode the video. It has nothing to do with performance: i7 6700k can't view those videos no matter how much you overclock but a i3 7100 can because it has that hardware decoder.

This it's the same shit they pulled with 1080p x264 12 years ago but to be fair it needed to happen hardly any windows PCs have decent specs let alone a dedicated gpu

>they'll throw a fit and Netflix will backpedal faster than a man with one testicle riding the Tour de France in reverse.
Hahahahaha oh fuck only on Sup Forums

pascal and polaris have hardware h.265 decoding. this is about drm

Not only are there hardware decoders for H265 on quite a few graphics cards, but any quad-core Intel CPU in recent memory is perfectly capable of decoding 4K 24/30FPS video in software alone.

Ryzen will also have this if you didnt know

>WC
It's coming to my water closet?

>Force people to use Windows 10
>Windows 10 simply doesn't work with a lot of older hardware even though it has more than enough power to handle it
so they also force me to trash my working machine
literally double jewing

Windows Computer

So streaming services other than netflix won't need kaby lake?

Aren't they just signing their own death warrant?

I have an Optiplex 9020 that won't allow me to use multi-display in the BIOS unless I use Windows 7.

I'll just pirate it.

There are no Kaby Lake Macs so technically the article is still correct.

>normies
Sorry to break it to you, but if you are using that word, then you are one (and trying a little bit too hard to fit in and sound cool)

Why do I need Winjews 10, Winbot browser and a Kaby Lake CPU when I'm watching movies in 4K with an i5 on windows 7 right now?

>provide something people want at a reasonable price
>shill company heavily
>company gains power
>has such a large userbase they can do whatever the fuck they want.

They don't really care about non-netflix content anymore. It's become less of a movie streaming thing and more of a hbo type of deal.

How the fuck does that even work?

heres a real story from today. I work in a pc engineering company where we ought to demo a 4k 2x2 screen videowall for some banking people. We were unable to get our player to play the 4k content for some reason so I just put a really high bitrate 1080 on it with a bitrate of 50mbps. And the people were like OOOOH WOOOW its so shaaarp and niceeeee OHHHHH

I N T E L L E D
N
T
E
L
L
E
D

>4K streaming
Yeah, I too enjoy the artifacts of 4K res combined with a low bitrate

Microsofts latest DRM. I think newest Nvidia cards have it also.

She is cute, who is this semen demon?

Source?