>Don't want to be part of a botnet
>Don't want to be exposed
>Don't want Google breathing down my neck

What's the best web browser?

Other urls found in this thread:

helpnetsecurity.com/2016/04/22/opera-browser-vpn-proxy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

qupzilla

Idk about desktop but it's opera for notebook.
>opera turbo
>free vpn
>battery saver
>built-in ad blocker
>not 1998 design

Netscape or bust

WHY CANT I UPDATE TO 51 VERSION? I'M ON 50.1 FUCK YOU MOZILLSHIT

Firefox after you manually tweak around 20 settings in about:config.

>Ie6

this. or palemoon or waterfox.
>hurr durr firefox is best forks are not needed
if there was a fork that only removes sjw things on firefox, i'd use it rather than firefox

can you use the opera vpn to torrent stuff?

I use palemoon, it werks

don't think so, there could be a way but idk. I torrent from desktop with the mighty internet cable.

>free vpn
It's just chinese proxy, not vpn, pal.

>opera turbo
useless
>free vpn
it comes with a price, your privacy
>battery saver
sure bud lmao
>built-in ad blocker
yeah i also have a built-in ad blocker its called the hosts file
>not 1998 design
no modern browsers besides dillo and text based browsers look like they are from 1998

otter browser
kek

ungoogled-chromium
>takes no more than a second to start
>can have as many tabs open as you want, no lag
>no stutter while scrolling
>did I mention it's fast
>no telemetry unlike stock firefox
>chrome without the botnet
>it just werks

Fuck, it's support HTML5, all checks are passed on youtube.

And it's uses twice less ram too.

>DISCLAIMER: Although it is the top priority to eliminate bugs and privacy-invading code, there will be those that slip by due to the fast-paced growth and evolution of the Chromium project.
no, thanks.

There's only one right choice, user.

h-hi guys

Same boat. Tried a bunch and did research. The edgy high schoolers on here will tell you to use some weird variant, but Firefox is a decent choice. Chrome and Chrome variants (including Opera) are incredibly scary.

Same person. If you're on macOS, Safari is OK. I use both when I'm on my work Macbook and slightly prefer Firefox, but I have friends that prefer Safari because of how polished it is and can't blame them.

Just use nightly. Just a better firefox

I remember using you for Sup Forums like back in 2012 or something on GNU/Linux.

Userscripts and shit too.

Yea. Sometimes there are annoying UI bugs that last for a day, but Mozilla people really dogfood from what I've seen so these tend to get fixed by the next day. Right now the difference between Nightly and Stable is bigger than normal because of the big push for newer technologies leading up to Servo integration.

Is nightly generally good enough as a daily driver? I don't care if it breaks like once every other week.

It's simplicity is one of its best points I think. Lower than that is only command line browsing.

Icecat

Nigga I have both Nightly and Chromium installed, and I use Nightly all the time, no issues whatsoever.

But interface is kinda shitty.

this. have nightly since a month now i think and never had a problem

It has no memeterial design, yes.

Firefox

I tried using Firefox (not nightly) a few months back and I was blown away by just how bad it was. Im convinced something royally fucked up somewhere along the line. Websites loaded noticeably slower than chrome, startup took twice as long, scrolling websites felt laggy or jumpy and the fucking cherry on top? It was using more CPU and RAM than Chrome ever did. Never uninstalled something so quickly in my life.

I did some reading and edited some lines in the settings or something, I cant quite remember. And it did improve, but not enough to justify using it over literally anything else.

Can someone explain if I did something really stupid and wrong? I'd love to stop using chrome, but I always go back because it just feels so smooth compared to anything else

That sounds bad. I'm on a Mac and on an old Thinkpad and for me the opposite happens. Did you install any extensions like ABP? I had a lot of problems when I had that, which turns out to be because of how it's written. With uBlock Origin it's a lot nicer.

Try using Firefox Nightly. It's not as quick as ungoogled-chromium imo but it's still way faster than release Firefox.

I'm trying to get something like the Compact Dark theme from Nightly into Chromium but I just can't seem to find a proper, non-retarded contrast dark theme for Chromium. What do you guys use?

>install FireFox 51 which is supposed to have multiprocess like Chrome
>go to about:support
>it's disabled by some addon it says
>uninstall all addons and restart FireFox
>multiprocess is still disabled and it says that some addon has disabled it

Fuck Mozilla

Honestly I don't remember if I had any extensions installed but I think I would have. I found it really odd because Ive used FF in the past and liked it. I switched to Chromium after some threads on here. Eventually, and I cant remember why, I switched to Chrome and never really stopped

The best browser does not exist. All browsers of recent times are a complete garbage!

>I can't into software

iridium in my x220.is the fastest.

You know this is bait right

Eye of Providence, the default web browser for TempleOS, with the CIA Nigger Killer addon set to "Maximum Killing".

QupZilla.
>Uses a fork of Apple's rendering engine
>Scrolls so smooth
>Supports JavaScript
>Can be themed
>Has UserScripts
>Has Adblocker built in
>Written in C++, so faster than that one Python based browser
>Supports most video formats
>It just werks

SeaMonkey is good too, but it's impossible to setup on Debian for me. (can't find the right libraries, wtf?) I use it on OpenBSD from time to time.

>free vpn
>it comes with a price, your privacy

this is why this site is the most cancerous shithole on the internet

I started using Brave 2 days ago. No complaints so far. I do suspect that Firefox with uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger was more effective in blocking trackers and ads, but this is way faster.

Opera, by far.

>firefox is slow meme
>brave is good meme
Obvious pajeet propaganda

Wait, guys, this is Sup Forums right? I thought we were all supposed to be talking about Vivaldi here?

In response to the OP, Vivaldi.

>proprietary

>can't look up and follow simple instructions
why the fuck are you even on here?

> 2k17
> believing in no-log policy
> from proprietary owned by chinks

fucking retard

hello, shitposters

> SeaMonkey is good too, but it's impossible to setup on Debian for me. (can't find the right libraries, wtf?)
They removed it. But you can just dowload it from site yourself, unpack it, and lunch it from terminal: cd seamonkey && ./seamonkey

It's shit.

Hello! While I got your attention, might I offer Maxthon? It is a proprietary browser in the cloud run on Chinese servers! It will make you praise Opera!

>go to about:config
> find browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2
> set to true

Bravo Mozilla

This. If only it were maintained better.

Operas VPN isnt a VPN in the normal sense, it's just a proxy.

helpnetsecurity.com/2016/04/22/opera-browser-vpn-proxy/

Do you have anything other than their word on it to prove your claims?

All of the lag, none of the benefits! Enjoy spending ages to lurk on Sup Forums.

Good luck doing any of that by yourself. And what's the perfect browser according to you? There are a couple of browsers with a similar concept: Inox browser, Iridium browser.

What "SJW things" are included in the Firefox browser?

otter-browser

Wait, guys, what is wrong with Edge? According to Windows 10, we can totally trust Edge. I mean, they even give us pretty pop-ups telling us how amazing it is!

What are you even talking about?

None, he's just memeing

Home page with SJW propaganda.

I've started having a weird problem with Vivaldi. Whenever I close it and start it again, the window won't open at all. I can see it open in the taskbar preview but the actual window won't won't show. So I have to open up a new window and reopen whatever tabs I had in the previous session. Also haven't received any update notifications in a while, most likely these things are connected. I should probably reinstall

why are you using the default homepage?
and why do you get as triggered as an sjw?

That's it? The rest of the browser is fine? Can't you just change it?

One thing I noticed is that the taskbar button is garbage and is some 2nd instance of it. Unpin that one and pin another one so it doesn't have the (2) on there.

My problem is with the search bar. I type stuff in there, it thinks it is some website or is a search, totally random which it chooses.

The only problem i had with firefox is HTTPS EVERYWHERE who slow the fuck down FF like hell compared to chromium.

Does it actually affect the quality of the browser?
REally, what does "SJW things" even mean? About a third of you fucking autists consider anything more progressive than marlin brando to be "SJW"

weird, havent had any issues myself.

>Being paranoid about privacy
>Not using wget instead of a browser

>waterfox
i had forgotten about that web browser, so i went to the website to try it out again
>waterfoxproject.org
they seem to have a new website from what i remember, and there is a javascript thingy there, some moving lines that make up geometric figures which you can fiddle around with by clicking them

i immediately remembered how i used to check new software written in electron to see if actual real world companies with real world problems used nodejs for desktop applications, back then the website for this particular one caught my eye, because it also had that javascript thingy with the lines forming geometric figures
>rocket.chat (yeah thats the url, so hip)

back then i fired up my old shitty netbook to see if bad hardware could even deal with that js nonsense, and it couldn't, it basically made the web browser crash. i thought to myself "well yeah old hardware isn't the target platform for nodejs, but still, really? what is even the point of this?"

and now i see it again, but this time on the fucking website of a fucking web browser that prides itself in "performance". bravo js developers. bravo.

Yes you can, it's just Sup Forumstard nazis getting triggered.

Lmfao

What makes it even funnier is TempleOS doesn't have networking

Every fucking time i'm going in catalgue mode on 4chin, on just open a fucking board HTTPS just fucking slow FF down like crazy and i'm going ape shit.

qutebrowser

maybe i don't like the idea of using a browser that is trying to push propaganda to its users, left or right wing, it's still propaganda. the last "%25 of users can speak english but %52 of internet is english" really bothered me. I'm not a native speaker and the most important reason why this is happening is people don't want to make website for their language, just like i'm not going to make website for 20 million people while i can reach billions of people.
you know, ACTUALLY open source browsers, k-meleon, firefox or its forks, qupzilla, also:
>no telemetry unlike stock firefox
from firefox:
>Telemetry is an opt-in feature. This means that you specifically need to tell Firefox to collect and send this information to us.

aren't you able to disable the telemetry ?

It's not even enabled by default.

Still feels dangerous. What if I get drunk one night and turn on all the telemetry?

It's in the options which you probably rarely have to go to in the first place and you have to check off another box for the health reporter before it allows you to check the telemetry one.

Eh, the problem is Firefox is slower than Opera. What is the point of my privacy if I can't quickly open a bunch of sites on my browser of choice?

Wait, you got offended by a statistic? Listen, I get annoyed by SJWs too but I've never been offended by my browser or by numbers (I thought that was a SJW thing?) If it's the start page you dislike you can just set a different homepage.

Mozilla wants a multilingual Internet for everyone. If that's judged SJW by you, then I'm not sure what doesn't offend you.

nice 2010 meme. Browser performances have all been within the margin of error from each other for years now, bud.

Then why do they insist on all these benchmark tests? Octane? Sunspider? Is this how they trick consumers like me?

Because they are all trying to improve performance, but we've reached the point where performance across the board has reached a plateau. It's just like passenger air travel--Airbus and Boeing both come out with better planes but they're not crazy different from each other like in earlier times.

Chrome was much faster when it came out because of their Javascript engine and because they were able to throw away craft Gecko and Webkit had by having tons of engineers. Now everyone has done the same.

These days it's more competing based on how fast they can implement standards, because it's not like any of the browsers has a secret weapon. When Servo gets integrated into Firefox we might see some more interesting competition because that'll let Firefox use multiple cores (every browser right now uses a single core per page, because old architectures), but that won't be for maybe a year.

>no extensions

DROPPED

the problem is they're showing that statistic only on english, not other languages. they're trying to blame english speaking people, for making "too much websites"

Heh, thanks user for the info. I never really bothered with Firefox because it was ridiculously slow in comparison to Chrome when it initially came out. I loved the customization options, but it just crawled too much on my computer. As time went on I just figured I was using one of the fastest browsers of the time, especially since benchmarks seemed to point me to that. I guess I just never bothered with Firefox because of that past prejudice and not realizing they had probably fixed their engine in the last 10 years or so.

Dumbass question, but does it still have chrome syncing? Because I basically rely on having my favorites backed up

I think that you're so angry at SJW stuff that you're seeing things that aren't there. I don't like SJWs either, but I'm not seeing Mozilla trying to tell English speaking people to make less websites.

Np, thanks for reading. There are some differences in UI polish, though. Apple has made Safari really smooth on macOS, much smoother than Firefox. And Firefox's UI is still kind of crufty because they haven't been able to port it from the old technology its based on, XUL, yet. On my computers it's OK, but ymmv.