What's your opinion on Trump DESIGNATING this pajeet to remove net neutrality?

What's your opinion on Trump DESIGNATING this pajeet to remove net neutrality?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.cloudflare.com/net-neutrality/
cnsnews.com/news/article/rudy-takala/fcc-commissioner-feds-may-come-drudge
forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2017/01/24/why-is-the-media-smearing-new-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-as-the-enemy-of-net-neutrality/#24efca124c7f
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Poo in loo pajeet

Can someone try to give me an unbiased explanation of what net neutrality actually is, and the arguments of those against it?

Fucking liberals are the racist people I have ever met

Oh boy! I can't wait for my data cap! MAGA!

Internet companies own the infrastructure (cables, routers, etc.) that you use to pipe data from the internet to your device. They say that they want the ability to favor certain sources of data (companies, services) that are willing to pay for priority. They argue that, because they own the infrastructure, they should have the right to dictate how it is used.

Net neutrality is the stance that the internet service providers should be treated as "common carriers" because people want to use them to access the same resource, not one that is curated by the ISP based on who is willing to pay more. It's a reasonable argument because ISPs hold what is known as a "natural monopoly" over certain geographic areas, because, like other utility companies, the costs in both time and money to install infrastructure are really high.

I think Trump's an unqualified blowhard who wants to implement economic and social policies that will set things back 50 years, therefore I'm a racist liberal.

People want to ban ISPs from doing QoS because reddit told them so.

Monopolies are bad news when they're used to fuck over consumers who have no alternative. If I want to use Sup Forums, but my ISP is the only available internet provider in the area and they have Sup Forums in a really low-bandwidth tier (because they won't pay), I'm screwed because I don't have any alternative ISPs to get my internet from.

Sup Forums doesn't connect to your ISP directly you idiot it goes through Cloudflare.

I like it. I have good internet and multiple fibre providers available to me. This will only eviscerate the faggy westcoast midwest and middleearth states. shitposters deprived of anime and their shitposting forum. Sounds great to me

that sounds like a personal problem as opposed to reality
unlikely because aforementioned cloudflare. Also this entire slippery slop hysteria is ancap tier tbqh

Cloudflare only works for as long as they don't get fleeced. On principle, that's less likely because so many other services go through them, but it's still a possibility.

blog.cloudflare.com/net-neutrality/

so basically you're worrying about nothing just about anything any autist here uses goes though cloudflare and anything else is usually so light weight it wouldn't matter if they throttled it to dial up tier.

100x better than Obongo's choice.

Removing net neutrality is a good thing because it means hipster website devs will ACTUALLY HAVE TO OPTIMIZE FOR BANDWIDTH

net-neutrality is basically what Democrats wanted to use to censor the internet.

cnsnews.com/news/article/rudy-takala/fcc-commissioner-feds-may-come-drudge

pretty good article. a lot better than the oversimplification of this issue that tends to happen among the techies currently infesting this board

>Incentives
Implying they won't pull a Comcast and just the the money and no nothing with it

FCC caries a big stick and they know how to structure agreements. And Trump seems like someone who will fuck you up if you fuck America over. We'll see but I'm optimistic right now.

It's shitty for growing companies that consume lots of bandwidth (streaming services, or sites with really high traffic). It could easily become a pay-to-play situation, where companies would need to pay tolls to every ISP for access to their customers. It's not the end of the world as we know it, but it's another roadblock to quick growth and open markets.

Plus, apparently Pai isn't even against net neutrality. forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2017/01/24/why-is-the-media-smearing-new-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-as-the-enemy-of-net-neutrality/#24efca124c7f

>you have to pay more for more bandwidth
Wow literally hitler.

Sorry, this web page is out of network. An additional $30 internet-roaming fee will appear on your next bill.

>that will set things back 50 years,

Make it 60 and that would be a huge improvement.

>net "neutrality"
>doesn't do anything for neutrality at all
>doesn't protect consumers from the government
>doesn't protect consumers from media companies
>doesn't protect privacy
>doesn't enforce the telecommunications act of 1995
>doesn't hold ISPs responsible for maintaining and upgrading their infrastructure
>doesn't ensure ISPs have to offer a service comparable to broadband in other nations
>doesn't stop ISPs from data mining you for additional profits, selling data directly to the government, which the government now has multiple sources to without warrant
>b-b-b-b-but at least I'm not paying more for netflix!

None of you even know what the fuck net neutrality is. You only care because Trump is in office. These threads are only happening because Trump is in office.
I watched you dipshits show up on campus with your "Bush is a Nazi" tshirts after the PATRIOT act passed. I saw you same faggots not bat an eyelash when Joe Biden was nominated VP, the man primarily responsible for said act. I watched you applaud when Obama won, and the following day he extended the PATRIOT act without question. None of you cared.
I've seen this and so much more, I remember so much more. Don't pretend you care now.

It does make sense that allowing companies financial incentives to expand into rural areas to compete could work, but that's only viable if the incentive outweighs the current cost of establishing new infrastructure. Google just canned their fiber dreams because they realized that being a new ISP is a fucking nightmare, especially when they have to deal with the knotty shithole that is local governments.

>yfw there are retards in this thread who would defend this shit

Net neutrality boils down to ISPs can't limit bandwidth based on what service/site you're requesting. In a truly free market you could just say fuck you to the ISP that's limiting your bandwidth and choose a different ISP that doesn't use those tactics. The problem is that in many areas the customer is only served by one or two ISPs because of monopolistic practices by said ISPs. In my area for example Spectrum is the only game on town. So Spectrum can say we're going to limit your bandwidth when using netflix because we want you to use Time Warner's video service instead which we have a stake in. If I want to continue having internet there's nothing I can do about it. With net-neutrality Spectrum would have to give me equal bandwidth access to all sites and services.

Without net-neutrality you no longer have a level playing field for competing services. T-mobile has already come under fire by forming a partnership with netflix to allow them to bypass customer data caps and allow users to stream netflix content freely without data restrictions. If you're a competing video service like hulu or filmstruck you are at a disadvantage as customers will be less likely to use you for streaming because they want to conserve their data. This is no longer a free market.

>1mb of data has been credited to your Comcast account

>You only care because Trump is in office.
No, NN has been discussed here years before Trump

Kek

Its gotten 100x worse in the last month. These threads didn't happen 7x a day even during the election. It's pretty much someone shilling or some type of autistic raid.

The Net Neutrality(non existent) we saw, only briefly, under Obama did literally nothing from the way the net was governed in years prior. Discussions mean nothing. These threads are happening now because Trump is in office.

What we need is municipal fiber everywhere. We need the intellectual property rights to be redefined. We need ISPs to be neutered. We need privacy to be treated as sacred.
The Obama admin had absolutely no interest in serving the American people in any of these regards. Net Neutrality as it stands is an utter farce, it is neutrality in name only, and it should be gutted.

Considering Tom Wheeler's done some work towards preserving NN, and his successor has already shown that he's going to loosen regulation on ISPs, it's worth talking about now more than it was in the past.

Great so T-Mobile was trying to give me free shit, and Obama took it away? Fuck NN

Tom Wheeler was an industry shill who did nothing to protect consumers. 100% chance he takes a job lobbying for Comcast or some other ISP now.

Basically amerilards will have to pay more to have access to the whole Internet, since the ISPs will have to throttle bandwidth to make way for increased bandwidth for certain select services. It's clear as day, but amerilards are being dumb dumbs as always, I wouldn't expect any sanity for a bunch of retards who elected a literal retard to be their president. I wouldn't even be surprised that their next president will have the name Camacho.

You deserve all the rapefugees Soros can flood your continent with.

every time some news regarding NN comes up so do the threads, that is normal.

Just like apple threads crop more often in September.

ISPs have a shitty history of not delivering on their word, they will do the least possible to get the most benefit.
The difference here is the new FCC chair will give them the money/tax breaks AFTER the work is done, but we will see. Not like companies have never lied before or exaggerated.

I really don't think shitposting is going to help you idiotic country. You best pack your shit and denounce your citizenship while you still can, because that wall certainly wasn't intended to keep people out.

>Tom Wheeler did nothing
Sounds like you just follow conservative rhetoric of hating any kind of regulation.

Wheeler tried and did accomplish a lot when it came to helping out consumers.

Netflix fucking sucks now, you aren't missing anything

Perfect description.

He was an industry shill just like pajeet. Jewish propaganda.
NN is designed for the jew to pump as much programming into the goy with as little cost as possible.
This is a concerted effort to spam this board.
You would have to be blind or completely oblivious not to notice.

It's like people want one national ISP with the freedom to set prices wherever they want and QoS every third party content provider to oblivion.

Enjoy the large throbbing Comcast/Charter/AT&T/Verizon cock up your ass. You deserve it.

>This is a concerted effort to spam this board.
I've certainly been noticing a trend.

Still better than $100/mo cable with ads every 5 minutes that are twice as loud as the show you're trying to watch. I can't even watch normal TV anymore.

Charter has been breddy gud out here in the boonies. $35 for 50/5 no caps. My other option is satellite.

Well that's a step in the right direction.

>implying Trump isn't a rino

>tax credit
>tax credit
>tax credit

That sure worked well in the 90s. Let's do it again.

Why not just offer people financial incentives to get the fuck out of the sticks and just assume that shitty satellite internet is fine with anyone who decides to stay? Seems a lot cheaper and more effective.

yea, its not like cities are already fucking overburdened as fuck because no one will upgrade infrastructure, let's make every aspect of a city even shittier, and have everyone pay 10 grand a month to rent a broom closet, not give cable companies an incentive to upgrade or god forbid make municipal internet.

Data is data no matter where it comes from, you pay to use the data fine, but when a company sees you use a lot of data and they know you are dependant on having the data and they decided i want more money then you were paying before for the same data rate then fuck them

oh whats this, all businesses connected to charter or time warner are fast but everything else is slow because they don't want me to use those sites? Oh, google didn't pay a few billion dollars this quarter, and is now throttled to dial up by my provider?

net neutrality is just what it sounds like, the data is data and nothing is priority data.

>Netflix uses shit tons of ISP's bandwidth
>Cuck Comcast doesn't like that they can use that much bandwidth
>All Netflix data/other internet traffic comes out of your 50GB/month cap
>Cuckflix doesn't count against that 50GB
>People stop using Netflix and move to Cuckflix
>Netflix doesn't like this
>Netflix pays Comcast millions to not have their speed throttled
>They can afford it
>You want to start up your own media streaming company
>Impossible because of bandwidth charges

Basically this

Yes I'm sure Comcast is going to throttle all traffic that goes through Cloudflare just to force Netflix to pay extra money.