What's the best language programming to make money?

What's the best language programming to make money?

Assembly.

html

css
/thread

PHP, aspies will say otherwise

Otherwise.

C# on Visual Studio

Only poorfags trapped into Linux say otherwise.

C/C++. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Everything else is just temporary. Name ONE language that has existed so strongly since the 70s. It's never going away. You'll always be employed.

And with the huge number of "bootcamp" retards that learn a fancy JS library for a month and call themselves code artisans, actual programmers who know C/C++ will be scarce. Which means money.

C#, Java, PHP, Javascript.

I'm not even joking. Kids interested to dive immediately into commercial programming could just go C# on Visual Studio.

C++/C concepts will be learned with it on the highest level possible anyway.

Expecting all people to be Systems Engineers on low level C is kinda futile.

COBOL

It's a terrible language that is basically dead, but there are a lot of old projects still in use by banks and government facilities which are coded in COBOL. If you can specialize in contracting to these companies to convert/modify their COBOL code, you could make $150/hour and then take extended vacations between contracts because of how much money you rake in. I've considered this path, but I hate COBOL and I have a stable full-time job with advancement opportunities and good benefits.

tell me more.

I'm from south america, can I still get that money?

This
all languages born from C

But theres a lot of ways of making money so you may not end up purely programming in C

Are you a nigger? Then I wouldn't come near you.

If you learn to program in C you can easily learn any other programming language.

no.
I'm brown though.

Another latino here
Were you aware that theres a lot of subhumans in this board? more than even Sup Forums?

I only know C, what else should I learn? PHP?

Apples and oranges?

brown people are okay; but make sure you don't have any nigger friends

>Which means money.
No it doesn't. The industry doesn't need autists writing their shitty desktop shit in the age of web applications. By the time, the sepples fag makes a semi passable program, the so call artisan will have already deployed and gotten their money. The business doesn't care by what means the product is made into existence, just how fast and cheap it is.

>I'm from South America, can I still get that money
Yes. You will probably need to relocate to work on-site, but you would work out those details with the recruiting agency you would end up working for. I'm not familiar with the process of obtaining a work visa. However, I would imagine it is easier if you have a valuable skill.

First step is to become proficient at programming in general. I recommend starting with something more traditional like C++ or another C-style syntax language if you do not already know one (This will mean you have more resources for learning)
Once you are proficient and can make your own small-medium scale projects, then you can dive into COBOL. It's a very ugly language, but you should be able to apply what you know from other programming languages to learn it.
After gaining proficiency in COBOL you should start creating projects and publishing them on Github. This will enable you to show other people what you can do. If you don't have any professional work experience in this industry yet, then having some Github project links you are proud of your resume is the best thing you can possibly do.
When you are feeling somewhat confident in your abilities and you have some work to show off then it's time to put together a resume. Build a resume taking into consideration that automated software will scan it looking for keywords. It's recommended to have a section where you clearly list the different technologies/keywords you have expertise dealing with. Make sure you are actually prepared to show off your expertise for any technology you put on your resume.
Once you have a resume, put it online. You may need different formats for your resume depending on the site you put it on. CareerBuilder, Monster, LinkedIn, etc... Once you are on all these websites, you will most likely receive emails and phone calls from recruiters. Most emails are automated and I recommend ignoring them unless they are for specific jobs you want
Part 1/2

PHP is a dying language only used because it is a meme. I recommend Ruby or Python instead. They are actually used outside of web development as well and have more modern/comfortable syntax

Java

cool.

is there any way to certificate a cobol skill or just do projects?

Make sure to take all phone calls received by recruiters. Be curteous towards them and try to promote yourself to them. If you can convince a recruiter that you are capable of doing a particular job than they will try to get you interviews. COBOL is pretty niche so it might take longer to find such a contract. You may need to actively search for them and work with a recruiter to get you an interview (most companies will not enter into contracts with independent contractors). Recruiters will also be able to give you tips on how to interact with interviewers and they will tell you what you did right and wrong during botched interviews as long as you remain professional.

Yeah, I've heard of some certifications you can get online. However, unless you are a bad programmer, most people will be more impressed by seeing your work on Github (but it's COBOL, so it always looks like shit).

Also remember to thoroughly understand how to use version control. Git seems to be the most popular free solution used by businesses today. It's also great when you want to roll back changes or merge changes into a project from multiple contributors

>Ruby or Python

I've never learned those. I had learned Perl once. Will they offer anything great?

Python has much cleaner syntax
Ruby is more flexible and more object oriented.

Perl is okay, but it's community and available libraries don't really compare to Ruby or Python nowadays. Personally I only use 2 languages in my personal projects. C++ and Ruby. C++ when I need speed. Ruby for everything else.

Python. Become a washed up physicist working on wallstreet.