/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

longislandwatch.com/Orient_ER2700FW_Dress_Watch_p/er2700fw.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=0pOtkAa1iqQ&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you have a picture of your watch being worn from a straight on angle, please feel free to post it along with your wrist size, diameter of the watch and lug-to-lug of the watch. Because it comes up so frequently I'll try and compile a small collection of images of wrist-size and lug-to-lug length combinations that can be used for reference, rather than simply telling people that they should be looking at smaller watches.

If you're not sure how to measure your wrist, you can take a flexible tape measure, or just use a piece of string and wrap it around your wrist, then measure the length of the string required to circle your wrist.

Wrist size should be in inches, lug-to-lug and diameter should be in mm.

Thanks.

Example image of a straight on photo with measurements recorded.

I'll look to compile these images into some sort of easily browsed format or master images.

what's the best looking rolex clone for a reasonable non 1k price?

is there a compilation of these somewhere

Rep or homage?
Probably noobfactory for reps and steinhart/tissel/one of the good parnis suppliers for homages

Nth for ULTRA THIN

I've only got a few so far. Depending how many we get I'll see about a shared Google drive folders or some infographic type images or maybe some other way of hosting it.

Super 3135 Clone Movt Price: 458USD

is this a good deal? guy says the bezel markers and clasp are actually better than the 2016 rolex.

No idea. I usually stick with seagull and miyota movements I can look up and decide for myself the worth of.

Either this or a Tudor Blackbay in red and leather.

The rolex is only 34mm, but I like the green color fämälämäzoids

Would have to try in person, at least it has eternal resale value, or does it? Chrono24 is loaded with rolexes from every decade, all cost money. Anyone buying?

i like this strapcode bracelet, but it's a real hair puller

>34mm
pretty sure that's a women's watch

Women's watches are

Women's watches are generally sub 30mm. 34mm is men's size.

>seiko divers look 70s in a bad way
All that shit taste, the 70s were the golden age of watch design.

don't make me laugh

This seems counterproductive. Why not just use the phone as a clock at this point?

I like small watches, but 34 is really small.
This and the Black Bay are very different propositions, so it's hard to say one is better than the other.

What? You don't need the phone in normal use. It's only for settings, or doing things easier (setting a countdown with the pushers sounds like hell).
And the watch gets notifications from the phone too.

Touche. Model?

citizen eco drive one
it's quartz, but it has a solar panel
i'd say that's actually too thin though

About fake Rolex watches...

>why do you assume this?
>everyone's heard of Rolex, but most people who aren't into watches are not really aware of fakes.
I do not assume but you do not have to trust med. Simply search the net for, say, "number one fake watch" and look over the results. Also on WIki:
>Rolex counterfeits are illegally manufactured replicas of Rolex watches. Rolex watches have often been more susceptible to counterfeiting compared to other luxury watches, due their brand enjoying the highest worldwide awareness and ubiquity of their design trademarks (for instance, the Rolex Submariner has inspired plenty of imitations from both higher-end and lower-end legitimate watch makers).

>If you're entire social are plebs.
Quite to the contrary. As a patent attorney I get to hear quite a lot about it, though I do not work on such matter myself and also obviously cannot use replicas myself.

6.2 in 55 lug 48 dia
Got it as a gift, apparently it sells for around $140, it doesn't seem to bad but I wouldn't pay that much for it.

l m a o
m
a
o

Ah nice, now I want one

I was looking at these the other week but the 34mm kills it for me.

I'm only packing a 7 inch wrist but anything below 36mm feels like a waste of money.

This is ~35mm on a 7.5" wrist.

Yours? Very nice.

Dude asks if your rolex is fake, you answer no, it's real. His face? Priceless.

If your wrist is sub 7 inches (but imo even above that), then 34 mm can be totally fine. Especially with the new jumbo cases which make them seem way larger. Men's watches used to be 30-35 mm for the longest time; and the 34 mm air king was worn by RAF pilots etc., pretty cool history. Today's huge men's watch sizes are a dying fad.

U cucks told me to buy timex. Its loud af wtf niggers

that's what everyone here says whenever timex is brought up

>that's what everyone here says whenever timex is brought up

I didnt lurk enough fugg

enjoy your TICK

why is it so loud though?

I'm looking at pic related, 36mm version? As opposed to 41mm

Should I go 36mm or 41mm***

41, unless you have bitch wrists

TICC

to have the time on your wrist (as well as whatever else that watch does)

At least you are not alone anymore.
>TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC

enjoy the tic
TIC TIC TIC

Hey Sup Forumsiggers would a brown leather strap on an snk809 make it more formal?

slightly yes. i wouldn't wear it with a suit though

36, unless you have a small dick

Wasn't planning too. Mostly just a button down and slacks
Cheers for the response lad

Thank you

Anyone know where to get orient symphony II or orient agent?

It'll be my first automatic watch

Did you even look?

longislandwatch.com/Orient_ER2700FW_Dress_Watch_p/er2700fw.htm

Black dial is $99.

i forgot to specify i want the white dial like the one in the pic

R8

>h8

36 is optimal

I prefer 41 myself, that looks a bit small for a diver

Anyone try the panatime NATO straps, or otherwise have some suggestions for brands that have THICC nato/zulu straps?

father times daily lol

kinna gross u fink?

36mm is a woman's watch.

Maybe if your woman is a man

>his woman doesn't have a cheeky feminine penis

Apparently this is a women's watch now. KEK.

36 mm is optimal

I'm gonna buy this as my first watch very soon.

Thoughts?

Yeah, don't. Buy something from AliExpress for

Why? Money isn't really a problem for me if that's why

Then get something good. I dont know what theg would charge for that, but it is basically jusy rebranded aliexpress chinkshit at the $10-20 pricepoint.

I've been wearing 37mm for a few weeks. 36-37mm is def. as low as I could go.

Not sure how someone could wear 34mm regularly. At that point shit actually gets hard to read.

Are you in your late 40s?

Early 30s, young man.

That's going to depend on dial, index and hand design. Also, larger cases don't always mean proportionately larger dials.

SKX dial is 28.5mm for a 42mm watch. That's .5mm bigger than a 36mm datejust dial.

Guys pls

Is he fingerin her butt?

The panatime straps I've bought seem sturdy, as in they will last you.

But they are stiff in the beginning. Wash them 2 or 3 times.

CheapestNatoStraps premium lines are good quality and thicc. Strapcode also has extra thicc steps under their miltat branding.

Never listen to tripfag advice

Perfect, thanks

Mind you, I still personally think that Timefactors and ToxicNATOs make the best NATOs and ZULUs

Timefactors seems to be the best yeah, but they're significantly more expensive than the others.
I'm still debating if they're worth the price to me or not.

maybe for Bradley Pitt in 1980.

It's 2017, I prefer Rolex's 40mm.

Do be gone.

well it's a Seiko.

Graph related.

Let's try this again.

>42mm case without crown
>7.75 inch wrist
>50mm lug to lug
>22mm lugwith

>My Ulysse Nardin Dual Time 42

>Pic
Fucking people.

Thanks. Feel free to do a number of watches and it will be a good base for people of a similar wrist size to guage how certain sizes may fit them.

No problem NoBalls. I'll try to upload them from time to time, my friend.

Cheers

Someone posted this on /fa/
youtube.com/watch?v=0pOtkAa1iqQ&feature=youtu.be

Opinions? Fake or not fake?

Not fake. Simon Crane isn't bullshitting you when he tells you TAG is shit.

>TAG is shit
>watchnoob here
How are they getting away with this?

I have a watch with a rose-gold case and I'm looking to buy a leather strap for it. Do I need to find one with a rose-gold clasp, or will silver look fine?

forgot picture

Rose gold clasp obviously

Tits or gtfo

So guys; Seiko SBDC039 (Transocean) or Tudor Pelagos LHD?

Seiko:
+ 3k cheaper
+ less boring to look at (dial texture, polished surfaces, design, etc.)

- low-brow movement
- not as prestigious

Pelagos:
+ better movement
+ more prestigious
+ a bit higher quality (fit&finish, titanium, etc.)

- more boring in certain ways (matte everything)
- four times as expensive

A close-up of the dials.

Seems to me like the Seiko would be more interesting to look at, because that textured dial always looks different depending on the conditions. And also the polished surfaces everywhere.

If you can accept the lugs on the trannyocean then you should go for it. I know those are a deal breaker for me, but the watch looks very good. I would go with an MM300 or the(/a?) spring drive diver personally.

Lots of marketing
Quality of a product doesn't matter. Look at shit like mvmt and daniel wellington selling at a 1000% markup.

you wear it directly on the wrist bone?