/bst/ Battlestion Thread

rate, if you want to be rated yourself.

Just cleaned up my cabling today. Wire tubes are fancy as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa2.jpg
amazon.com/TECHLINK-Curved-Carcass-Screens-50-Inch/dp/B000UTQ4U6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1485316219&sr=8-2&keywords=oval tv stand
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The other thread has 150 replies you fucking faggot, stop making more threads.

first for comfy

what's wrong with the other thread?

>freddy gibbs pinata
nice

waiting for winblows to download so I can dualboot so I'll rate

9/10 clean asf

8/10 slightly messy man

9/10 cosy office is cosy

7/10 too dark to rate

Saved this one a while ago because I liked it.

Early.

Don't we have another thread?

Who sits behind you? I mean the person who actually can enjoy the sound from the speakers

The amount of people in battlestation threads who fall for memes are hilarious

Sorta comfy apartmentstation

8/10

6/10

9/10

I know the speakers are overkill for a desk, but I'm going to be using them for my living room TV in the future. They sound pretty good.

wall?

That desk looked good, but it was wobbly enough that I only kept it for a few weeks.

We still have a thread with not even 200 posts.

Anyway, the sunlight was looking comfy today, so I took some new pictures. Haven't changed much apart from organizing my shelf, trying to keep slightly ordered by size and series.

Is Sysadmin really in prison?

uhh. funny story, Just wiped my drive when installing OSX but here's a link to the super hi-res one.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa2.jpg

8/10

7/10

8/10

6/10

8/10

Not too happy with my current set up, I've only just built my desktop and gotten the second monitor (the smaller one on the right) so a new desk will be my next eventual purchase. I initially had the second monitor on the desk but I couldn't play an games properly (mainly CS:GO) so had to move the audio mixer for the turntable away.

Right hand unit has my turntable, record collection and PS3. My phone camera sucks too.

Wrong picture

W H A T A R E Y O U D O I N G ? ? ?

Totally fuckin up. That's what I'm doing. My life story.

I need more shit to do.

keyboard?

>still watching Sir Patrick owning Cardassians and shit

I literally have not moved from this spot since getting home from work. A night well spent.

Is that the blu-ray or an inferior version? Why did you connect the annoying blue LED on your case? Is that a Model M or some ALPS thing?

>4095MB

The meme lighting isn't a bright as my camera made it look

Meh don't care much, got the GPU for free and I don't game much anymore.

I'm not trying to shill I promise, just thought it was fucking funny.

>Is that the blu-ray or an inferior version?

The BR rip, yes. Kinda intriguing to watch something at such a high res, but in 4:3.

>Why did you connect the annoying blue LED on your case?

I jut connected everything, it doesn't bother me and I don't sleep in the same room so it's not an issue.

>Is that a Model M or some ALPS thing?

It's a Model M, had it all my life (was part of my dads computer that he bought shortly after I was born, I then "appropriated" it back in 2000 when I did my first build)

Yea I find it funny as well, NVIDIA really fucked up with the 970 DESU.
I wanted a R9 390 but there was no way in hell it would fit inside my case.

Neato. I watched the whole series a few years ago.

Fun fact about the crystaline entity: There was no film of it, and the old computer files were not preserved, so it had to be remade from scratch for the HD releases.

Cool, I was unaware and now I have to nerd out about it a bit. Also, an excellent episode.

Does anyone know where I can find a TV stand like this? I've seen them before but I can't seem to find one online

>having a "battlestation"

I'm 25 and the last time I had a "battlestation" I was 17

now I just have a mac book pro and a nice OLED TV.

It's a tongue-in-cheek thing. I do work with more than one monitor, and sometimes split games across them when the bf comes over, so it's a battlestation.

You're on a cartoon website full of children. Move on with your life.

Your relationship makes me mad jelly... I'm gonna go have a smoke and cry for a bit now, excuse me.

>tfw no bf

Think user's referring to the fact they aren't even remotely pointed towards you.
Ideally they should be pointed directly towards you with the tweeter at about ear level. See as an example of better positioning.

amazon.com/TECHLINK-Curved-Carcass-Screens-50-Inch/dp/B000UTQ4U6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1485316219&sr=8-2&keywords=oval tv stand

This is the closest thing I could find

>180 for an oval
Jesus

ahhhh yeah, I don't know why I did that. I've re-positioned them since taking that picture. I've been on this board long enough to know better.

Rate me please

Comfy looking.
Different height monitors is hard to look at but i imagine you have a purpose for each.
Red glow is nice for evening sessions.
Cable management looks tidy for the most part.
Nice wallpaper.

Rate me please.

Kinda dark, so hard to say.
Monitors look crispy.
Specs are great imo.
Guessing you do editing with that much HDD.

Specs?

Here you go.

Space the posters out a little wider, do some cable management and consider a dual monitor stand.
6/10

Cozy little weeb room. Too cluttered for my tastes, though.
Probably a 2nd monitor as the next upgrade?
Why the huge fucking desktop icons? Blind?
6.5/10

Looks like a budget version of the last guy.
I'd probably sugggest upgrading the desk next - it looks old and cluttered.
5.5/10

Can't tell if you're going for the ricer gamer look, or the tenured professor in a shitty office look.
It's not bad per se, but it's just a jumbled mix of styles, but very plain and boring at the same time. 5/10

Either get a smaller (all-black) mouse pad, or one of the XL ones that fits the keyboard under it as well.
Have your speakers sit symmetrically on your desk.
Do something about the filing cabinet.
Update your case.
Change your keyboard LED's to something other than rainbow.

>Sup Forums

My desk is old it's solid oak the angle makes it look more cluttered than it actually is.

Aside from Sup Forums, what do you think?

Hard to tell from lighting, but looks good.
Would recommend a tri monitor mount that clamps to the back of your desk.
Not a fan of what I'm assuming are a Razer mouse + keyboard, but I do respect the AudioEngine speakers, AKG(?) headphones and proper mic setup.

Hoping you have a proper headphone amp / DAC / XLR audio interface hidden somewhere in there, too.

Need a new photo.
>Parts for new tower coming in tomorrow.
>Upgraded speakers (KEF Q100).
>Added boom arm to mic.
>Added 2nd mouse (Logitech G303).
>3rd headset (AD900x + ModMic for traveling & LAN's).

Tri monitor mount not really possible if i want to keep the vertical mount. The keyboard is rosewill but the mouse is in fact razer. I have a pretty solid dac for my speakers and headphones hidden behind the keyboard.

I like the VR patents.
You got a setup?

Reorganized it today so that it's not so cluttered. I feel really good about this setup.

Fellow seagull on Sup Forums?
Bothers me how far apart each of your four monitors are from one another.

I don't really visit /cgl/. Fit, r9k, g, and ck are what I visit.

Cgl from what I got visiting was just a bunch of people ogling over women who're either incredibly beautiful or fatasses. And being that I can just browse pinups and fashion sites for the former and have no intention to see the latter, there's not much of a reason to visit, I don't think.

Maybe if it were more how-to-sew-ey? But it's really not, so I just have to stick to youtube, google, and the library.

That's fair - I used to lurk around 2010-13 as Phelps, and mostly for the stories and people, before it got turned into "general threads: the board."
Basically only lurk Sup Forums and /fit/, now. Only good threads for most cosplayers is the WIP threads where people actually post progress pics and give / get critiques on how they're coming along.

Saw the figures and sewing machine, so just assumed. Guessing you're in Cali, but if you're in the pacific northwest and going to Sakuracon, there's usually a /cgl/ meetup most years.

Nah I live in the Frozen North.

Got too many health problems to be spending big on cons at the moment.

Once I'm not dying, I'll probably spend a shit ton more on hobbies though.

be gentle, just escaped NEETdom and have a new keyboard, more LEDs, and new build on the way

Can't see shit, but at least it's clean.
Looks like you just need to start upgrading and adding onto what you've already got.

Your desk is very clean. Make sure to dust it every once in a while. Clutter makes stutter, muh dawg.

>Why the huge fucking desktop icons? Blind?
I like 128x128 icons

>Probably a 2nd monitor as the next upgrade?
Not happening, one perfect monitor is fine, and not upgrading either until someone makes something modern that's as good as the U2410

2009 27" iMac running 10.12.2, Focal speakers hooked up to a modded Dynaco ST-70 and a Sony TA-E77ESD Pre, Thorens TD124. Work? I do nothing. I'm a slacker.

Anyone got some criticism for my dream setup?
A 240hz 1080p monitor and 120 4k hdr g-sync, mounted and the sides of the desk with an arm mount. And for movies/shows I push them to the side revealing a 4k oled 55', maybe the new Bravia one.

nice salt bro

>buy new shit
kys =^)

bad panorama shot, but its fine

Thanx

Keycool 84 with clears. I'm actually selling one atm if you're in Europe :^)

>europe
>84 key
What faggot yuropoor country is using ANSI instead of ISO?

Speaker Stand? Insulation?

The UK uses ISO, but for a long time there was more choice & easier availability in the meme-chanical keyboard scene of ANSI keyboards compared to ISO.

Auralex MoPads. Don't believe all the nonsense marketing claims though, they're just wedges of foam so make your own. I only bought them because I found them at a fraction of their retail price.

Changing energy drinks to booze still makes you look like an underage wannabe adult.

Listen me dude ..how are you ?

thank you.

Clean that shit up and it'll be 6/10

So expensive, but so boring.
5/10

Nothing wrong with that, but the monitors themselves make up such a minor piece of a battlestation as a whole.

Flashbacks to middle school here.
You just need to update everything, and get rid of the table cloth.
4/10

Cluttered, dark and a little messy, but looks cozy.
5.5/10

lol'd
Good start for a budget. Just keep upgrading, bro.
3.5/10

>update everything
I might update the main system (right machine in the picture) but the case is staying. So will the Xbox that replaces the PS2 and the keyboard.

>2017
>still no dildos on /bts/
wth happened to the good old days :C

I like!

My LG G4 broke and I'm refusing to use compact Sony potato digicam, so here's a 3D design plan that was supposed to be an accurate representation of what I want my manchildroom to be like later, with more or less the same make and model of items, but with shit removed I don't have yet.

This is as close to a /bst/ picture I can get, and I need my weekly fix of attention whoring. So go ahead and roast me.

Seems like nice equipment, but so cold and uninviting.
Throw down a rug, change the color of the walls, add more decorations - just do something.
Oh, and work on your cable management.

Well this is new. Design student in a dorm?
I like the layout, but it's hard to critique on a render.

That's unfortunately not a dorm. European flats are just this small to begin with. I'm single so there is no reason to have a double bed, occupying space I can't spare. I do have a separate living room, and a dining room, but I don't like having my PC in living spaces, so it's in my bedroom.

SImple and comfy as always.
cant really see shit.
Not bad just a little memey with the keyboard.
Has potential to be clean and comfy.

What'd you change to make it more "clean and comfy?"
Was thinking of adding art or something to the walls, since they've always been pretty empty and colorless.

Any recommendations for chairs?

I swear, your station gets better looking every single time you post.

Decided my desk felt too empty, so I put my stuff back into place. Other than that and the new lamp, nothing has changed really

I need to start watching TNG again. So many good childhood feels

Are you a girl? serious question

Thanks user. Lately I've been trying to keep things clean and removing unnecessary stuff. Probably not going to change much apart from adding more anime plastic and keyboards.

I like how your desk looks with everything on it. That lamp thing is really nice, and even the guns look cool. Having things looking clean and empty is nice, but it often ends up looking a bit sterile