Text Editors for Web Dev

Hey Sup Forums. I am trying to decide on a text editor for web dev in Ubuntu.
I was using notepad++ but I recently made the change to linux from Win7. I know I can use Wine to run it. But I would rather use a linux native app.
The only ones I recognize are all full IDE's(Eclipse, Netbeans, Aptana, Komodo)
I have been just using gedit but I decided to check with Sup Forums and see if anyone has any other ideas before I just install Eclipse/Aptana. I know about vim/emacs, but they both have a steep learning curve and I just don't have the time to learn them right now. I have emacs installed and I plan to learn it while I build/edit my personal python scripts. I just have a timeframe and I have to be able to move quickly.

Just FYI for the site I am building I'm using HTML, CSS, PHP, Bootstrap, Jquery/Javascript

geany

brackets

Netbeans

Kate is good, but its KDE.

You don't learn emacs or vim in one way, you learn as you go.

During your editing there will be some repetitive tasks that your editor can do it for you, be it a native feature or a plugin to install.

The reason these editors are still relevant is because you can use the same workflow for different languages.

If you want something more notepad'dy you can check javascript based editors like Visual Code, Brackets, Atom and Sublime Text.

nano

what's wrong with cuckcuckgo?

also, blue board

vim

Get PHPstorm and stop asking questions.

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

Vim
Spend an after noon completing vimtutor,download some plugins for features you miss or a pre-setup version thats near your liking and tweak/learn as you go

Visual Studio Code.

>I know about vim/emacs, but they both have a steep learning curve and I just don't have the time to learn them right now.
unless you aren't braindead it's just 1 fucking day to learn vim

>but its KDE.
Why does that matter?
It is very modular, which means means it is easy to build into other things, so you can make the ideal IDE with it, assuming you like the editor.

Kate is a good editor though.

Notepadqq should be a fork of NPP for Loonix

Atom and VS Code are decent if you want something that just werks.

PHPStorm.
Nothing else even comes close to coming close.

what pre-setup versions are you talking about?
Go on github and find someones config?

I might be willing to try that if someone made a good editor out of vim.
I tried to set everything up myself once and it took way too much time and I never really liked the result.
It was so much more efficient to just use a regular editor, where you don't waste time learning and building the tool and instead just use it and through using it you improve how well you use it instead.

I know this is not how vim is supposed to be used.

vim or emacs. pick one.

>pic related: everything else.

notepad++ is just fine, peeps

just fine

Sublime Text with all the packets for git, auto-completion, beautifiers, grunt...

ed

and yet it still sucks compared to kate or vim.

Atom, you can install plugins for code completion