Is it good for old hardware?

Other urls found in this thread:

neverware.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Did this ever take off?
No. It's also a chinese botnet.
>Good for old hardware?
No. Install Devuan + dwm

I have it as a dual boot on a chromebook I have xubuntu installed on. I mainly only use it to be able to play Hearthstone on it and it works perfectly. I wouldn't be too pushed using it as my main OS on there.

Chrome OS being able to run Android apps pretty much killed this off.

Wasnt Remix meant to be a Chrome OS replacement?

Can you even install Chrome OS on a non Chromebook?

Anytime I searched for this, all I got was shitty looking websites, and shitty looking downloads.

seconded

There are built from source builds 1 google away.

yes
neverware.com/

Cool, trying that now.

Eh. I'm always cautious with websites that cannot stay up to date with the current year, but thanks. I'll look into it for my tech illeterate family.

why would want android on a desktop/laptop. Android is fucking garbage

Because it's free

not everybody is able to crack windows

If you enjoy autistic tweaking, you can run command line and X applications using crouton.

Aight, I installed the Chromium version of Chrome OS. Shit installed in like 3 minutes.
Its hella great, and fucking light as hell. Put it on my worst laptop, T7200 with 4GB RAM, and an SSD. Blazing fast.

Gonna try the 32 bit version on an even shitter, older laptop

ok,. apparently it never installed. it was just running off the thumb drive. ok. investigating

So I have no idea what it did. I booted back off the flash drive, and it went back to the setup Chrome OS from earlier, but otherwise it boots to Windows, and I have not boot options.

oookay, I was missing a step. I need to install this cloud ready thing that lets me choose to dual boot, or just have the chrome OS.

Trying that now

>close the source XD
I hope this piece of shit project dies in a month

shitty nonfree userland built from a shitty userland (Android)

i tried M hacked version on my pc recently.
It's fucking amazing, seriously.

It would be great if that cloudready thing could run android apps in a streamlined way, not how it is right now, where you download apk with viruses from shady third-party website and then upback it and whole lot of bullshit.
Can't imagine opting in for that experience instead of installing apps in a single click on android.