twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He used opensuse before

And he didn't like it

Fedora is objectively better than anything

there's absolutely no way Fedora is better than custard pudding
it simply isn't possible

>Le Hat MayMAy

Ew, desert is for fatties

Doesn't Linus Torvalds use every Linux imaginable?

No, he has a job.

If you only knew...

youtube.com/watch?v=qHGTs1NSB1s

Is there any reason to use anything other than Ubuntu LTS?

He uses FreeBSD.

Not wanting Canonical spyware on your computer.

>go to debian website
>can choose between a thousand installers, some of which require internet access

>go to mint debian
>one installer, it just works

>they know their users can't be trusted with decisions or they'll screw up.

I feel like Fedora gives its spins a bit more leeway to be up to date and stable. Kubuntu could only make it to 5.7 in 16.10, but Fedora 25 is at 5.8.x, for example.

im honestly thinking of switching to fedora since i dont want to build all my packages local and they offer copr

but then again i could just not do that

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Honestly I don't know how the distro development generally works, but I know that Fedora has a sizeable team of developers working on it full tme under Red Hat in my city, as opposed to purely community developed distros.

> tfw you realize the "tips fedora" meme has deprived us of the best OS available

That's actually pretty easy to use. I might try it even though I'm an expert on debian. It gets to my nerves how after so many years they still haven't got some of the basics right and you still need basic tweaks (like mouse speed requiring xorg.conf hacks in order to be reduces on high DPI mice) and I wonder if these do better at those automations (that I don't strictly require but they make the OS in whole annoying).

Fedora is by far the worst distro I've ever tried. It's not that it's bad, it's just that it accomplishes nothing. There's no reason for its existence.

There's no point in using it as a normie OS because Ubuntu exists. DNF is much worse than APT, and there are much more .deb packages than there are .rpm packages.

I've heard people say that Fedora is supposed to be a "bleeding edge" distro, but compared to what exactly? Fedora repos are outdated compared to Debian sid repos, Arch Linux official repos and Gentoo ~amd64 repos, all while having much less packages as well (last time I checked they didn't even have mpv).

This, its pointless once you compare the alternatives

xD

he famously didn't like it

fedora is the spotted dick of pudding, people who haven't tried it joke about the name as if it matters but I'm just sat over here enjoying spotted dick

it's unfortunate that the fedora kde spin has been awful for years, much of the fedora spins are ridiculously unpolished compared to the gnome counterpart

lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2015-October/016315.html

though it's hard to tell, without trying opensuse, whether it's just kde that's bad or fedora's packaging of it

honestly copr isn't that good as a user yet, it might be in a few years but unless you plan to use it to make your own packages it probably isn't worth it

fedora's main development is the standard workstation (gnome) release, the spins tend to be somewhat official community releases at best - very unpolished, very buggy but at least serviceable

>torvalds tech tips

I just wanted an LTS plasma that didn't download 1gb of updates every day.
I won't fight to defend Fedora, they don't need it anyway. Use whatever distro that works for you.

I googled and there's a copr repo for MPV. Fedora is missing stuff. You also need a copr for Discord alpha. Minecraft's new launcher is still only .deb. I don't like that people leave out .rpm. What happened to choices?

>It's not that it's bad, it's just that it accomplishes nothing.

it accomplishes nothing *for you*

>There's no point in using it as a normie OS because Ubuntu exists.

>b-but ubuntu has the monopoly on normie distros

fedora doesn't have nonfree media codecs in its repos, it's not a nomie distro

>DNF is much worse than APT

t. someone who hasn't used dnf, you might have had a good point if fedora was still using yum but the only complaint against yum was that it was slow, coming from an apt user that's like the pot calling the kettle black

apt is by far one of the worse modern package managers still being used, it's no surprise the only people trying to defend it happen to be long term debian/ubuntu users

>and there are much more .deb packages than there are .rpm packages.

>b-but muh quantity over quality

>I've heard people say that Fedora is supposed to be a "bleeding edge" distro, but compared to what exactly?

compared to any standard release distro, as evident by you only being able to list a distro on unstable/testing repos and two rolling release distros

>all while having much less packages as well (last time I checked they didn't even have mpv).

rpmfusion provides mpv and other packages with non-free components, again, see above, it's not a normie distro (rrreeeee get off my board)

it's okay if you don't like fedora user, not everyone does, but these are some pretty piss poor arguments