/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Notice how I capitalized all three of those words. Because I respect the men and women who dedicate their lives to answering the questions of every woebegone newb who doesn't understand how google works. This thread is dedicated to their sacrifice!

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ipflood/
elinux.org/RPi_Serial_Connection
github.com/travitch/datalog
youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Old Thread:

How do I disable this alert

thank you
didn't even consider checking MISC.

>recently internet keeps cutting out
>turns out its only on my pc (house has shared wireless broadband)
>figured out if i leave at least one of my torrents uploading my internet stays connected - even throttled down to 1kb upload speed
I dont even know what to google for this probalem

What OS?

windows 7

Check for this setting on your wireless adapter

It was checked. Ive now unchecked it.

Thanks, I hope thats done it.

Has anyone here actually passed a programming interview even once in their lives?

I just set up a linux build in VirtualBox, allocated 20 gb to it. Later realized it wasn't the build I was looking for and deleted it. But my computer is still showing 20 gb less than normal, and I'm wondering how the fuck I can get it back now. I'm not seeing any separate partitions in the disk manager, so where did I fuck up here?

So i rooted my phone, what's some Sup Forums recommended stuff to do to it now?

Are you saying that your main linux partition has shrunk, or that more space than usual seems to have been taken up?

Nah, so I'm running a Windows OS. I had Linux running in VirtualBox, allocated 20 gb to its memory, then shortly after screwing around with it and realizing it was the wrong build, deleted the machine. But it looks like my hard drive is still 20 gigs short. I know it can't be from anything I've downloaded lately, I haven't downloaded much. The VirtualBox isn't showing any OS saved or running anymore.

adaway, greenify, busybox/xposed framework, mounting folders to sd card, set it up as an installation drive, remove bloatware

Run winDIRstat to track down the missing space

Find where virtualbox saves the virtual disks to, and delete the disk you made for the linux machine. Either it didn't prompt you to delete it along with the machine, or you said no when it did.

Found it, I was looking in username/.virtualbox instead of username/VirtualBoxVMs. Thanks Sup Forums. Sorry for being a retard, but I guess that's what these threads are for.

Is there a way to make an html table auto-center the text/content in all of it's cells, or do I have to use the tag on literally every single cell?

What is the first thing that you need to learn if you want to build a Website?

What should I do for a career? I don't really care what it is as long as I make a good amount of money and have a good work/life balance.

Become a sysadmin

My roommates keep wasting my bandwidth and making my downloads slow. Can I prioritise my own Mac address or something in the router settings?

how do i get my chrome tab/window history from another computer that has recently deceased? i am signed into the same account on both.

Second this

Yeah, configure the QoL settings.

If you know the overall maximum bandwidth your connection can achieve, you could limit their devices to a certain portion of that maximum. Assuming your router has such a setting.

if router doesn't support bandwidth capping flash a custom firmware. In my experience QoS made everything go slower for me.

getting QoS to do what you want it to can be a pita
but it is awesome once it's working

Is Cocos2d-XNA dead?

Has anyone used this? Is it bullshit?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ipflood/

More dead than a parrot, about as dead as the dodo.

You can't spoof TCP traffic, so it's probably bullshit.

I don't have a Facebook account but sometimes I need to browse someone's page. How do I get rid of the obnoxious "See more of..." thing that popups in the middle of the page?

What about Cocos2d-x, then? The C++ version seems to still exist, is it being maintained properly, or about to die as well?

Check the "Virtualbox VMs" folder under your home directory. It should contain a large .VDI/.VMDK file. Delete that -- that's the virtual drive which you allocated to the VM.

Well, it has commits in this year so it's probably not about to die immediately, but one of the major problems facing OSS nowadays is forkophilia where: if someone is dissatisfied with x, they create a fork called y which improves feature α and β in version 1 and 2, but then what usually happens is that that fork stagnates and those changes never get upstreamed from y to x.

Personally, I blame Linux for sparking this philosophy with its endless distributions and lack of a base system.

hello Sup Forumsuys I made the most retarded and kek'd mistake you can do with ufw. I forgot to allow ssh service and now I can not connect to my RPi again. So I really fkced my self deeper than the sock trannys with there dragon dildos in the /bst/ thread. someone know a way to help me out and connect to the RPi?

Upon closer inspection, it appears to attach headers to make it appear as if your client is using a proxy, when it isn't - so only the most retarded site-admin wouldn't be able to spot that it isn't functioning as a proxy when scanning their access logs to find out where suspicious traffic is coming from.

elinux.org/RPi_Serial_Connection

Have you found out where the software keeps it's virtual drives?

Virtualbox keeps the drives, by default, under ~/Virtualbox VMs (on UNIX-likes) and under %USERPROFILE%\Virtualbox VMs on Windows, i.e. under your home directory.

Thanks user(s?).

Both are me. You're welcome.

plug in a usb keyboard and blindly log in and add a ufw rule

Even though I have selected this like 10 times. The screen will just not go away. So I can't customise my keyboard. I am so pissed off. After taking ages to find a good keyboard this happens.

Why the fuck they though it was a good idea to break X-Notifier?

where is the controle volume registery in regedit?

How the FUCK do I extract pages 1 and 9 thru 12 from a pdf file and then rotate page 10 by 90 degrees in Windows 10?

t. Mac user who would just
>open pdf in preview
>select pages i don't want and delete with backspace
>rotate page 10 with 2 fingers on trackpad
>cmd+s

niggga, just use PDF-XChangeViewerPortable.

is there any difference in sound quality between
>youtube sound at 50%, PC sound at 100%
>youtube sound at 100%, PC sound at 100%

If you want to extract specific pages on a PDF you can use Chrome and select "Save as PDF" on the print menu. Just specify the pages you want.

go manually change it in settings, reboot phone, reload app.

dummy

>issue with gpu
>black screen when playing overwatch at first, no video input but sound still playing in background, have to hard reset, fans are super noisy
>progresses to black screen when start up, same thing; no video input, fans super noisy
>send to rma
>everything is fine for 2 weeks, mainly playing overwatch and far cry
>black screen happens when playing overwatch earlier

shiiiiiiet

is my gpu perma fucked?

my warranty just ran out so i can't send it back

gpu is MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR

?

No.

add a css class to it

when building a PC - is it retarded for the CPU to be more expensive than the GPU?

With Firefox changing its add-ons, will this affect its forks (specifically Cyberfox)?

Not at all. Some people get by entirely on integrated. It depends on what you want to do

CSS
#cssTable td
{
text-align:center;
vertical-align:middle;
}

html

Text
Text

I have a apu and a gpu.
After a gaming session speccy says my gpu temp is at idle levels and my apu temp is high.
I assume this means my gpu isnt being used? How do I remedy this

Sounds like overheating, my dude.

It depends. The recent jump to e10 and dropping of older types of plugin compatibility are bigger jumps than firefox has made in a long time. Firefox itself is losing some of it's library, and it's going to be up to each branch to decide what they integrate and when

Use the GPU instead, assuming this is indeed the issue. Check loads on either while playing. How you do these things varies depending on OS.

play video games but I don't really into overclocking

I don't know shit about css m8.

Now that's nice and blunt. I'll try it out, thanks.

That's pretty broad. Some games are more cpu intensive than others. If you're using the computer exclusively for gaming then you don't want to skimp too much on the gpu. Why don't you check out the build thread

do this then

Text
Text

use notepad to replace with " if you have a bunch of cells already written

Trying to install NVIDIA drivers on a fresh arch install. My card has constant errors from nouveau and arch only boots when integrated is set in bios. Someone told me to first add systemd.unit=multi-user.target. where do I add it in grub?

Is it possible for an overclock to be stable in say 3DMark, but cause the graphic driver to crash in various titles.

i'd imagine it could be

addon to a question i asked the other day about RAM

i have 4 1gb sticks right now. CPU Z has them going at like 633 mhz

I ordered 2 4 GB sticks and those are 1600 MT/s which I *think* would mean they go at 800 mhz

my question is would i be better off with 10 gb ram going at 633 mhz or 8 gb ram going at 800 mhz

no gayming it's for recording music

I'll try that one out too and see if it's any easier than the other solution. Thanks!

It's for work, I does the license allow enterprise use?

are virus little ufos? one just flown away now. how can i tell if i have space aids? do they really cause vagina cancer and spider web vaginas? do they really cause breast cancer and birth defect?

What's the difference between having ownCloud on a Raspberry pi and having it on my pc?

what are the causes of the weird I/O request errors of qbittorrent? I have plenty of HDD space for the torrents, not sure why that shit pops up

github.com/travitch/datalog
I want to play around with his datalog implementation in haskell, I've cloned the package onto my machine, how do I "install" it to see if I can use it and edit it. I tried "import Datalog.hs" but that doesn't help. Tried to run the tests directly but it doesn't recognise the module "Database.Datalog" (which I assume means the package isn't "installed").

t. haskelllet

on a raspberry pi:
>it's small, you can put it everywhere easy
>low costs
>low electrical costs
>no loud noises
>better support

on a computer:
>it's big, you can't put it everywhere easy
>expensive costs
>expensive electrical costs
>maybe loud noises
>worser support

thanks, also do you recommend any other app? What would syncthing add specifically? Also, making my own web hosting server is a bad ideia?

for what are you need a own web server?
the better way would be to install an openvpn server at and set up a owncloud server or buy a NAS. you can connect easy to your home via openvpn and then you can connect to your NAS. it's more comfortable then pay for a webserver and definitly more secure for you.

My brother has a Nexus 5x but his internet singnal thing on the top bar has a gray x on it. Not an exclamation point that I usually get, but a gray x saying 'connected' no internet.

How do I change the default format of youtube-dl videos to save them as

ChannelName - Title (ID).ext

for example for youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI i'd want it to save us

Matsu Muhō - Quantum Leap - I'm retarded? (jYmn3Gwn3oI).mp4

right now I think the default is %(title)s-%(id)s.%(ext)s but I can't figure out how to edit this to allow spaces it feels too confusing for me

What are some good distrib for a Live USB?

How can I block Skype and steam voice chat from late night until early morning on my router?

why the hell you mix html with css and tell him that he should this too?

The pi is slow and easily corruptible

Look for something like "Access Restriction" in your router's web interface. If it's not there, you can put a different firmware on your router, such as DD-WRT or Tomato.

It's plenty powerful for that kind of thing. All my server needs could be satisfied by a chroot on my old Galaxy S3. But there's cheaper SBCs if you don't need the pinouts and Pi-specific packages.

>The pi is slow
RPi is not the fastest device for data transfering, yes thats right but it's ok. better you connect an external hard disk to the RPi it's faster then writing on a SD card

>easily corruptible
bullshit, so I ask you what the fck are you doing with your RPI's, m8?

When I'm downloading game patches in game clients (like Steam, Uplay, Origin, Battle.net, etc), typically my internet browsing turns to poop and pages take forever to load, even though I'm not utilizing my max bandwidth.

For instance, my max download is 30MB/s. I can download a game at 10MB/s in a game client, and my web browsing will slow to a crawl. But I can open up MegaDownloader and still get another 10MB/s downloading files and it has no negative effect on my web browsing.

I'm not sure why this might be. Can anyone offer any insight as to why my web browsing suffers from some downloads but not others, despite neither maxing out my bandwidth?

if i copy a hidden folder in windows 10 and i paste it on the desktop it becomes visible, why the fuck does it happen? i already tried to do this operation on a fresh installed system and it keeps happening, is there a way to inform microsoft about this bug?

Could I/O shield cause some kind of shorting problems ? I've noticed that one of those pieces that should go around the ports went into DP port, I've noticed that after the fact that the whole build was set up so I just bent it the other side so I could use the port, but my screen is flickering with artifacts and goes black fairly frequently, could it be that the little piece of I/O shield is touching DP cable and causing the interference ?

Lubuntu

Can a modern GPU last like 6-8 years? I dont mean in performance but functionality

It could

The fan bearings/bushings may wear out.

Does anyone have a reliable guide on how to change my 40 Gb ps3 fat HDD to something bigger?

you just unscrew one screw and change it, more trouble is with installing everything again