What does Sup Forums think of the surface book?

What does Sup Forums think of the surface book?

The stylus is nice and can be handy if you're doing work that requires it, otherwise nothing stands out.

Looking forward to the upcoming chromebooks looking to compete with it.

i've flirted with it for work but
>feels cheap
>no usb-c
>dat pricetag
maybe it will get a successor that fits my criteria better.

The gap from the hinge ruins it.

I can't justify the $1k markup over the Surface Pro.

I think I am going to buy a Surface Pro 4 next week actually. Pricey, but nothing else I tried came close.

this

If I bought one it'd be 100% for the aspect ratio

>feels cheap
?????
it's the most premium feeling laptop right now
>otherwise nothing stands out.
the screen

>it's the most premium feeling laptop right now
played around in a store with it, felt like greying plastic and looked cheapish in daylight. maybe i'm just not used to it after 15 years of power- and macbooks.

I guess marketing just never really tricked me into associating metals as inherently more premium than other materials.

It's shit.

not marketing, but even after years of heavy use, my old powerbook still looks brand new.

so does my thinkpad.

i know that they are great latptops, no doubts about that.

yes but they are also plastic, that was more the point.
the surface has glorious magnetic charger, nice hinges(fuck the h8ers xddd), and the best screen on the market right now. to me, build quality is basically what would potentially sell it.

maybe it was just the showroom model wich looked like 100 dirty fingers a day were over it. but again, no usb-c is a dealbreaker for me right now since i want to use such a device for 5+ years.

that's fair enough. Dell XPS gets a lot of hype, has usb-c

Surface refresh rumored for March. Why get one now?

yeah, it's on my watchlist too, alongside with the new HP spectre x360

Great if money is no object.

As I'm poor (I work in IT but it's not exactly Silicon Valley here in a random town in Northern England) I'll stick to my second hand Thinkpad.

good but fuck the cost

Just wait til new version launches.

I got a Pro 1 not long after Pro 2 launch for $350. Still going strong.

dude the new surface pros will be announced soon. i saw a link on amazon 2 weeks ago but it was dead when i clicked on it.
idk how soon

Noted, that's some hellish depreciation. I'm still used to Macbooks and how well those hold value.

surface book probably won't drop to prices like that.

Hardware is fantastic. Keyboard is great. Screen is good. Stylus isn't as good as Apple's pen. Windows 10 is fucking horrible.

Also, gap from hinge was really good for me. I liked it a lot. Until I ultimately returned it because I couldn't handle Windows. I thought I'd be able to, but I couldn't.

Yea, it is pretty neat when outdated hardware costs what it should. Makes buying slightly hardware an absolute steal.

Does not make sense to spend MSRP on a laptop.

Rumor has it March. A whole bunch of sales started pretty much wordwide for the Pro 4 and they end in February.