name a good music playing device which isnt an apple or smart phone

>tip: you can't.

rockboxed clip+

Fiio X1

My record player.

Shit thread OP

>record player
>good music playing device

You realize that it's objectively worse than a 96kbps mp3 right? That meme about LPs is ludicrous. It's also a very old meme since the autists were using it since the 90s with abstract arguments like "it's more natural".

The level of autism of the meme has reached comedic levels when you realize the SOURCES of the LP are digital to begin with.

So not only the LP is shitty source to begin with, the SOURCE OF THE SOURCE is digital from the start nowadays!

MP3 player.

BAM MOTHERFUCKER

What is multi track tape. What is analogue mastering to tape.

Fuck off, child. Not everything passes through digital always for all records

Also of vinyl has less limiting and is mastered with more dynamic range

I want to knee you in the face

Strictly speaking, a CD player is about as good as quality gets unless you're getting lossless files straight from the studio. This is of course assuming that you're stationary and have a high quality CD player. Are new songs even released on CDs nowadays?

cassette walkman

Youre right, I can't because you discluded smartphones

Acoustic guitar

I hope this is true because I bought this and regretted it right when it started shipping, it still isn't here

can it play dsd

I don't know if this is a meme or not but I hated all the vinyl rips I've heard

1st or 2nd gen? If 2nd then you dun goof'd.

a piano

Build your own. All you need is some flash memory chips for storage, a cheap ARM CPU, 24-bit DAC, and some transistors for the output amplifier.

>
>I don't know if this is a meme or not but I hated all the vinyl rips I've heard

If you heard the same off master tape you wouldn't hate, they probably didn't even fix crackle and use a shit needle and shit levels

Second, I thought this when I realized how ugly it looks compared to the first

The problem is those haven't existed since smartphones took off heavily.

Now that everyone has one that's capable of playing an MP3, nobody has taken the time to give a shit about making dedicated music players again. The iPod lineup is pretty much shafted, Zune is dead, and just about anything else on the market is chink garbage.

FPBP.

I wish these were still in production.

Sony Walkman. You did say music playing device, right?

Beleive it or not, old Zunes
Fantastic audio quality
Shame ms discontinued them because of ipods

PC

Project signature 12.

Ruizu X02

It's a sleeper;
>looks like dollar store shite
>Costs fuck all
>Made in China

Performs like a dream;
>FLAC playback