Serious question, guys. Would this Y-32 Xi'an (from the game Arma 3 Apex) work in real life? I mean...

Serious question, guys. Would this Y-32 Xi'an (from the game Arma 3 Apex) work in real life? I mean, it's a bit complicated for a VTOL/Plane with a wing span this small.

youtube.com/watch?v=rnnW8KF5C8o

In fact this belongs to Sup Forums. That's a plane. It doesn't matter if it's used to kill or just for transportation.

TL;DR
It would work but not optimally
Like all Chinese things

>Xiaomi

The fans providing life would need to be SUUPER fucking efficient for that size to provide the lift since those wings aren't going to give you much lift.

OP forgot to mention it's propulsion system is jet powered

This is supposed to be chinese technology from the year 2035.

What is the downward slope on the wings supposed to do?
Make it more easier damage them during liftoff while reducing lift?

yeah you'd have a very hard time hovering with just those two turbines. Though I guess you could use them for stabilization while the main lift gets provided by vectoring thrust from the main jet engines downwards like conventional VTOLs do.

that's called anhedral (an upward slope is dihedral) and in most designs where its used the purpose is to make the aircraft more aerodynamically stable in level flight.

Though in the video game it's probably just there to look badass.

Myabe its meant in g but k would have mroe answers, although
the engines at the back can power it forward but these rotors in tiny toy wings are just tiny toy rotors. They look liek they are going to break and could not lift the thing for shit even with help of back boosters if they rotate which i suppose is possible.

Sweet, so it only generates enough lift to fly at high speed.

Like I said, those fans need to be SUPER efficient to provide lift at LOW speeds.

Even if it is jet powered, those stub wings wont provide any lift without moving at a very high speed, so the fans are going to need to compensate for the lack of lift at low speeds.

Unless it's made out of carbon nanotubes and costs billions of dollars per unit, I just dont see it.

NANOTUBES SON

Well, Avatar's Samson SA-2 work in real life, despite of problems like the resonant vibration destruction.

It seems somehow inspired by the Quinjet from "The Avengers".

test

you could say it was completely copied.
Which is pretty much what the Chinese would so so double kek.

the rings around the rotors are pretty pointless tho

Maybe yes a bit
But like so unstable
But would be better than f35 haha

>But would be better than f35 haha
This is so true. And also cheaper.