twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I am an pretentious loner
ftfy

Moi aussi.

Ah! Bonjour!
Omelette du fromage??

no moro

eiku

Thrift store tier british bookshelves are the best.

>bose
>audiophile

I know it's a long shot, but...

any former Logitech X-230 owners who can tell what they bought they felt was an upgrade? I mean holy shit, it's unreal how good they sound, even the Z623 satellite speakers feel like a downgrade, while the only thing I get from this four times as expensive speaker system is better bass.

I went with the Dayton Audio meme. B652-AIR speakers and DTA-120 desktop amp. It sounds great, honestly. Going to go ahead and get either the 8" or 10" sub, but it's not a necessity. Not the best as far as "near-field" speakers, but fuck, they're only like $50.

Would recommend and do come back

it depends,

tonal neutrality, dynamics and details are factors which can you can train you ears to figure.

if you are pleased the the current sound from high frequencies to bottom frequencies (some basslines missing the punch because the subwoofer is incapable of producing them) then don't make the jump, you will always crave for more

>B652-AIR
DID you own the X-230 before? It has perfect vertical dispersion, a sound that is completely uncolored by the enclosure that is housing the tweeters and comes with a tonal balance and sound I've never heard coming from any speaker system below 250 dollars.

Honestly, I'm fine with my X-230 as it is, I'm just curious how much money it would take to buy an actual upgrade. No luck so far. That's why I was mainly addressing former owners, you'd have to have owned it to know what I'm talking about. I bought overhyped shit in the past that wasn't even on par with these babies.

Are you actually fucking serious? You should probably get your ears checked. I used X-530 for years, like fucking 10 years or something. Long time anyway. Those speakers are complete garbage. There is absolutely nothing good about them, except for the fact that bass makes a lot of sound, so you can annoy your neighbors if you are into that.
I use Edifiers R1600 right now, poorfag active 2.0 speakers because at the time I couldn't afford anything better. Actually pretty decent speakers though, easily shit all over logikeks. Which again is not really that hard.

I have spent $300 on electronics thus I identify as an am and audiophile

Yes, I am totally fucking serious. I returned Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf speakers.

You are probably used to how logikeks sound and didn't give your ears enough time to adjust to how actual speakers should sound. Your idea of good sounding speakers is just distorted. That's assuming logigkes were always your only source of audio and you didn't try other systems for any decent amount of time. Otherwise I have no clue, your hearing is probably shit.

you won't get a good representation. the larger the speaker the more room they need to breath.

it's not a strange thing that desktop speakers as they appear in logitecs lineup to be that small and paired with a subwoofer.

a normal bookshelf speaker needs a wide triangle to breath and enhance it's sound

or maybe let's say, try KEF Egg instead if you can

>those keyboard caps

Oh please do give me a rundown on how actual speakers are supposed to sound like. Are they supposed to sound muffled, like if you're listening to the sound with your ears partially covered? Are they supposed to give you audio that appears to be coming directly from the satellites instead of being placed in front of you between the left and right satellites? Are they supposed to be colored by their boxes, always having that slight undertone of dark mushy crap no matter how much you fuck around with the EQ?

Because everything I listened to fits this description.

>a normal bookshelf speaker needs a wide triangle to breath and enhance it's sound
Yea, I don't have that. I have 1204 millimeters to work with from left side panel to right side panel, and the desk is 75 centimeters deep, hugging the wall.

Never heard of it, probably unavailable in yurop.

on a nearfield listening setup, dali zensor 1 tend to be earpiercing so it's no wonder in my opinion.

it is available in europe

sed 's/audio/pedo/'

Let me rephrase, the Egg is unavailable in my yuropoor country. Here's the list of what I can buy that is KEF, no egg:

arukereso.hu/hangfal-c3161/kef/?start=50

the kef e series looks like what i mentioned

>416 bucks
wew, I want to upgrade my Nissan to a Ford, not a Ferrari

for a nearfield environment, i'd say go bust or go home.

you either get standmounts for speakers outside your desk or your done goof'd

I see your point, but there simply must be a cheaper pair of near field speakers that can beat a goddamn 50 dollar PC speaker system. So far nothing I've bought up to 250 did excel it in all aspects, something was always lacking.

And it's definitely not my ears, because while my X-230 is definitely bright in sound, my Beyerdynamic earphones are dark and bassy and I like to listen to them as well.

beyerdynamic dt770/990 tend to distort your sense of neutral tonality. the dt770 have a piercing trebble spike which is more suited for very old people which have longterm ear damage

what you maybe need is a comparison of what a good setup should sound like.

what you buy into is more accuracy, less colored sound.

true dynamics from top to bottom, not just bass boosted junk because it gives you a more 3d effect, but vividness and location in the voice, crymbals and trumpets

I have the COP+, and that "bass boosted junk" translates to "not enough bass" when I listen to uplifting trance. Fine for other genres though.

And my Z-230 does fine with location and vividness, I can easily make out the differences between an electric and an acoustic violin, and let me tell you, those are subtle.

I should have mentioned I have a relatively decent DAC, that offers exquisite sound separation, and an incredible detail in the mid range, I don't listen to motherboard audio.

on a nearfield environment, you make many compromises.

if you set them to the table, you're limited to satelite size of speakers.

a subwoofer can be applied anytime if you feel the need of it though so consider this.

well now that i remind of it. the only option you have are compact sized studio monitors, like Adam Audio F5 for example which is the maximum size you could go for on a desk in my opinion.

the COP+ is actually decent if you like the sound.
about the violin recognition, i produce music so you don't have to tell me, the differences are huge.

and as you said, you have a pretty transparent sound already, this is ONLY due to the size of the satelites because they have enough room to breath

>hurrrrrr im too cool to have letters on my keys
Your keyboard is stupid as shit.

>the differences are huge
See? I can easily recognize them now, but I mostly see the differences as subtle.

My DAC favors mids (I could change the OP amps but meh), the X-230 is V shaped, so they perfectly balance each other out. Not only that, I have a few flac albums where I can listen to the music and actually point in front of me where the instruments are located. My X-230 is that good. I just need more of this goodness.

Man, I have no idea what to do with myself. Everything comes down to this: only a bigger speaker can give a richer sound but it needs more space to breathe. That's pretty much something I already knew, I just thought there were near field speakers that were not so picky about where you place them.

so let me just tell you some key aspects about audio in general.

room size and shape
room acoustics and treatment
size and height of loudspeakers
position of loudspeaker
decoupling/vibration absorbtion treatment of said loudspeakers from the ground/table

all these factors have to be considered after each other when buying speakers to get the optimal result in sound so you get an idea

i think the easiest way to recognise sampled violin strings are the way they are played.. for example songs from Roberto Cacciapaglia, the strings always have the same length of attack in them.

the OP-AMP sound signature shouldn't be that much of a difference desu though. in a blind listening test you probably wouldn't be able to tell different OP-AMPS apart.

and yeah like i said, there are options, but they are pricey active monitor speakers which don't include a subwoofer to beef up your upper lows

search for nearfield monitors

>soundblaster
>audiophile

fucking LOL

IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor

just stumbled upon these, check them out maybe. they look ideal

>2020
>have a piece of retrotech that has a 3.5mm jack
>go on /gee/
>make threads about being an audiophile

or Genelec 8010 AP

i have snehiasr hd 550 and a cheap usb dac am i a audiphile?

Looks very promising, but I can't find a European retailer.

i think Thomann delivers to hungary

>Thomann
I do speak german and I have an austrian address in case they only deliver to german speaking countries. Thank you very much for your help, really appreciate it!

thomann is your first choice regarding studio equipment. they are the most forthcoming retailer there is in yurop in every regard in my experience from people i know of.

they even send replacements before you sent them back so in reality you could keep them but you won't gonna betray their loyal custom service lol

>2017
>still not using Klipsch ProMedia

It's like you don't even care if your speakers are THX certified

Noted, lol!

I've just checked and they do deliver to Hungary for 20€. Considering, that I have 27% VAT here, 19% VAT in Germany, I don't even pay that much for the international delivery.

So is the aforementioned Z623 but they don't sound any better than the Z-230, they only have deeper bass and that's it.

that's good news. thomann has a large amount of different kind of speakers and almost all of the important ones are reviewed so you can get a good idea

>Hating on topre
>The humblest of switches

bought the Logitech Z-2300 way back in 2008/9, it's still going strong, but when I first got them I hated everything about them besides the bass.

Jews aren't white

I have a Eiaosi X6. I'm a audiophile.

>I'm am a audiophile

*an audiophile

You are many types of 'phile.

Italians aren't white
Greeks aren't white
Irish aren't white
Swedes' aren't white

>the OP-AMP sound signature shouldn't be that much of a difference desu though. in a blind listening test you probably wouldn't be able to tell different OP-AMPS apart
I know, hence my "meh" remark

Whatever they did to the Beats Studio Wireless, I love them. Greatest sound I've ever heard from a set of headphones. Smooth, powerful lows. Crisp highs. A bit pricey, but they're fuckin great.