The current state of windows file picker

the current state of windows file picker

Other urls found in this thread:

winaero.com/blog/how-to-launch-the-universal-file-explorer-app-in-windows-10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

VOMIT.jpg

still better than linux file picker

Lol. It looks like a completely different applicationa embedded in the file default file picker.

Is in only for images?

current state of Windows in general

It looks like they're in the process of switching to whatever the fuck is in the middle, but they haven't gotten file explorer over to it yet so they pushed out this shit to testers.

the funny yet scary thing is i am not using testing branch

can't wait for file picker and file manager to be replaced by touch input oriented shitware with abysmal information density.
Microsoft really has no clue what to do with windows 10.

The lulz Sup Forums will have are going to be great and echo for years to come

why is it so easy to manipulate people who use linux?

they probably don't use windows, has it ever occured to you?

Ye the win10 hate meme is a bit far but this makes it justifiable. And that shite 'Groove Music' thing that opens when I'm try to play some music.

Fuck, is that the new universal explorer? Oh hell, winblows users will be in a big surprise some day after memers update goes out.

There is no "linux file picker"

You should double check, because you might have been forced into one. Currently on anniversary, it just looks like regular file explorer. Which is still as hideous as ever, but definitely not as bad as OP image.

Polski pedo xd

8.1 doesn't have this problem.

Neither does Linux with KDE, macOS and Win7.

>Linux with KDE, macOS and Win7.
all schwarbage

I'm on widows 8.1, is there any way for me to at least get a filepicker where I can see what a picture looks like and the details about it at the same time? I'm so tired of switching back and forth between icons and details.

>implying Windows isn't garbage

You can either make the main window in a details list or icons, and then enable the preview window or the details window.
Should be under View.

>a kernel file picker
wtf are you talking about

can't you find some polack board to shitpost to and spread your stupidity among your own kind?

Holy fucking shit I love you

Also nice lucky 777 post, good work

"Tiles" view, but the previews are a tad small. Or just hover mouse over an image.

It's czech, not polak subhuman.

Just kill yourself whoever you are making these disinfo threads

pic related is the new file explorer

Thank god I jumped off the windows ship when 8 came out.

Am i glad im using LTSB with no upgrades

You mean you're glad LTSB is using you?

As long as it doesnt have ads and other bullshit

ok you're a cuck with standards?

The current state of Windows 7 file picker

What's that Fotky shit you're browsing supposed to be? Show a regular folder, nobody cares about some cloud crap MS is trying to push that won't ever be used in reality.

It looks like he's browsing some special photo sharing shit or whatever that abomination is supposed to be, not an actual local folder and/or network mount.

Windows 10 sucks but linux sucks worse and macs are out of most peoples price range.

this is not implemented, it's just the universal app that is also used on windows 10 mobile

to make it work on a computer you have to make some shitty hacks on a insider preview

the (default) file explorer in windows 10 is the same of 8 and 7

he just resized the photos app window to fit inside that file explorer area

>1366x768
>2017

no i did not.

The scary part is it turned itself back to old file picker after restart

It wouldn't be so bad if font rendering was actually decent.

I just don't get it, how come Microsoft is unable to ship an OS with decent font rendering?

What's their problem? Don't they use computers? Doesn't choppy, jagged font rendering scratch their brains? Don't they want to alleviate that mental pain?

>implying there's a difference
top kek, my "germanic" friend

>thumbnails
I pity lincucks

>Not using the most advanced File Explorer

Nothing compares to Directory Opus. Nothing.

that's file browser dumbass not picker

fast ring?

You're right, there's a billion of them and none of them work
Sorry Stallman

>Current state of windows

This can't be real. I knew Win10 was shit, but christ...

It's either in a weird format like .tiff or .raw or it's an issue with Android allowing windows to access the phone to actually view the data. I have to unlock my phone and keep the screen on or else it won't let me access the SD card.

that's not the main interface, it's just the file picker with some horrible settings

It may be functional but it looks fucking awful

Bullshit, you pressed the photos item on the tree panel on the left

You can go back to the regular view with Litterally any other button there, except camera, which allows you to take a photo

looks like aids

>none of them work
Except that isn't true user

Find me one that does miller columns with functioning preview for most media types, oh wait you can't

ahoj

chas kar

the inconsistancy
'new stuff' bolted onto what we can see plainly is the standard interface, that they have had for ~ 20 years

ugly

yeah - with windows such insignificant thing are a major issue

'groove music' = revenue
sell sell sell - everywhere - ads for crap everywhere

Is a file picker just the thing that comes up with an image preview when you upload images? Cause then thunar has one.

>naming your reaction images
kys

>thunar has one
no, GTK has one, thunar doesn't have one.

Okay, whatever, I don't really understand how all that shit works.

Yes it does, you cuck!

I seriously cannot believe how gullible everyone on this board is.

It was just a demonstration of its capabilities. It can be configured to be less bloated.

it doesn't show the thumbnails because the source doesn't allow it, or it could be that the files are corrupted, you can tell it is a shitty sony phone on the directory

>needing a file manager

Please upload hater blog

any benefits over total commander?

Mine looks different, though. Any tips on how to enable the previews?

Yours is using the custom UI skin that comes with MAYA. Lots of applications do that to make the Open or Save dialogs look consistent with the rest of the UI. As for thumbnail previews you could try right clicking in the empty space and see if it gives you a View>Large Thumbnails option. It's based on what Maya allows, not windows.

Google it.

It's pretty much the same but:
* It looks better, it bends with the system.
* It integrates with Windows, so it can completely replace Explorer, making other programs or your actions open Directory Opus by default.
* It's really smooth, the animations when browsing folders are pleasant to the eye.
* Very customizable, with mod and script support, there are a small, strong community of modders.

Try it.

to anyone interested, it shows on the current normie build of windows 10, if you use Edge
i have been using it for quite a while and it doesn't look that bad if you get rid of the column

OPs pic is from an old build

what build is that, kid?

Explain how it can scale images of different sizes to fit on one row. What if I have a folder with images of indivisible sizes?

it is literally the photos app shoved inside the file explorer window
you can test how it just by opening the app

new explorer looks cool IMO

actually, that's why everything looks so weird and disjointed in w10.
Basically, since 8, for various reasons, from cutting costs, to sharing code, to making it easier to port the OS to new hardware, Microsoft has been trying to streamline and modularize as much as the OS as they can, while adding small bits and stacks, specific to the(win32 for desktops, phone stacks for mobile, etc.).
One of the parts of desktop windows that was a problem was explorer.exe, since that shit is tied to everything related to interface, and has some deep tendrils into the underlying OS as well.
And now, with leaks of the new file explorer and the Composable Shell, it seems they've been trying to get rid of explorer.exe as well, and make the interface a common thing as well.
So yeah, the face of windows 10 looks so weird because everyone is demolishing and laying new pipes everywhere, at the same time.

It probably doesn't actually fit them, just uses an approximation that has to crop the least amount from each image.

ranger

It's just the UWP File Explorer from Windows 10 Mobile/PPIPro/Xbox One.
It isn't actually shipped with the regular builds, he is just baiting

>button clusterfuck

>there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who use windows 10
Why are you even here?

comfy on my MacBook Pro with Parallels, faggot

fuck off

winaero.com/blog/how-to-launch-the-universal-file-explorer-app-in-windows-10/

>Directory Opus

>Not using XYplorer

Uhh, if it's as slow as all Metro apps, it's not so cool..

I'd rather have an ugly and snappy Explorer rather than a sluggish metro thing that is slowed down by animations.

Also, context menus tend to get large if you install more programs and the size of that dropdown doesn't bode well for a larger context menu.

I get the idea that they want to make it look consistent with the rest of the metro UI, but I'm not sure this is going to be great for speed, productivity, ergonomy.

Also, it all seems dumbed down, when the explorer actually needs a few features like tabbed windows, a native press-spacebar -> file preview solution (a third party program built this, Seer, but it's kind of a Chinese PUP-installing thing), etc etc.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't get a good vibe from that. It needs to be fast and it needs to have more features, not fewer.

the current state of macOS file picker

pajeetOS & lincucks plebs BTFO

now that's fuckin cool

gonna need sauce on that lady you got there

>can't change thumbnail size
It's shit.

nonsummerjack

>macshit

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. The thing you call your life is non-existent and you should kill yourself.

>all these idiots who spend thirty seconds on windows without bothering to customise it to their liking

WHY ISN'T WINDOWS CUSTOMISED TO MY LIKING STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX

it's osx installed on a normal pc faggot

it is pretty fast, 2bh

just open Edge, and try to upload an image here, and on the sources columm, select photos