Based openSUSE

The only linux distro that has thumbnail preview in Firefox's file picker

Other urls found in this thread:

build.opensuse.org/package/show/mozilla:Factory/MozillaFirefox
theverge.com/2017/1/25/14376710/walt-mossberg-mozilla-firefox-browser-revived
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does the thumbnail preview only work on KDE on openSUSE? What if you choose GNOME?

Nigger, I use SuSE and Firefox and I don't even give a shit about the thumbnail view.

You would if your day job was shitposting endlessly on a Mongolian carpet knitting forum

>on an imageboard
>doesn't give a shit about the thumbnail view
ah yes, how to spot the ledditor

My apologies for not having as much crazily funny variations of pepe that urgently would require a thumbnail preview like yourself, Sup Forums.

doesn't work out of the box if you chose gnome because mozilla-kde4-integration isn't part of gnome pattern but there is nothing stopping you from installing it manually

I have that on Slackware.

prove it

>use chromium
>it automatically detects KDialog and defaults to that instead of the ugly GTK filepicker
>no extra patches needed, it's there by default

How did you make your terminal look like that?

Idiot, the programs are what do it, not the OS itself. I use Debian and i have the same - use Thunar and the thumbnail preview

you need to prove its firefox... cause its not.

you do not have thumbnail image preview in firefox's file picker.

post a screen shot. cause you can't.

Fixed font and copied the color scheme from cool-retro-term.

:^)

who uses that shit browser anyways lol

chrome needs no patches

Can you paste the colors here, please?

build.opensuse.org/package/show/mozilla:Factory/MozillaFirefox

It's available on arch too.

I use a file manager to manage my files which includes previewing thumbnails of the contents. It works for me.

Are you for real? The only linux distro where this works?

Holy shit, thanks for saving my saturday, I just discovered the GPU passthrough thread today and intended to use loonix as my main OS, but not with this kind of fucking disability.

Why the everliving fuck does linux hate graphical content so much?

>The only linux distro where this works?

You fell for the bait. Thumbnails in the file picker are related to the file manager not the distro itself. Default file manager of cinnamon and thunar both have thumbnails in the file picker and that's just my personal experience.

Just use Plasma 5 like any sane person would do.

>Default file manager of cinnamon and thunar both have thumbnails in the file picker

Not in Firefox's file picker. The openSUSE edition of Firefox is unique.

Sure thing, thanks for reminding me that my eyes have deceived me multiple times

noted, thanks

Where can I download opensuse? I haven't tried it in 10 years.

user...

brotersoft.com

linuxmint.com

Since when did "file manager" get Macfaggified and renamed "file picker"???

file picker != file manager

kek, Solus has this functionality too

you're the macfag, aren't you. c'mon booty boi, admit your faggotry.

No need to be mad just because someone called you out user. Learn the difference between a file picker and a file manager.

why do so many people struggle with this concept?

what's the difference then user?

>mentioning openSUSE only for this option
>YaST
step up your game Sup Forums we need a new meme

>KDE

dropped. if i want my desktop and windows to randomly disappear, I would go with LXDE, at least it is lightweight.

I'd probably try KDE but I have a question:

Did AMD finally release AMDGPU drivers for the GCN 1.0 cards? Because the open source drivers are quite shitty.

Speaking of Firefox, is there hope?
theverge.com/2017/1/25/14376710/walt-mossberg-mozilla-firefox-browser-revived

A file picker is shown by an application when it wants to receive files as input, the kind of file can be restricted and it will typically feature a button that will confirm the users selection and pass those file(s) to the presenting application.

A file manager can have almost exactly the same UI as a file picker, however it is an application unto itself. Typically new windows are opened by the user to manage (move/copy/delete/rename/etc.) files and folders.

A file picker often shares code and appearance with a file manager, however they serve different subtly purposes.

>wasting resources for thumbnails

kek. true

I'll dumb it down.
File manager is explorer.exe, file picker is "file>open".
>inb4 autists yell how I'm wrong
I know this isn't exactly correct, but it's how you'd have to explain it to a normie.

>run windows
>want to post the latest memes
>make shitpost and click "choose file"
>wait 10 minutes for windows to render the thumbnails in my Downloads directory
>hate my OS every day

open.suse

>having so few resources that you have to think twice before enabling thumbnails

this
the GTK file picker for mozilla is completely accurate, and less cluttered since the thumbnail is at the side as opposed to in the middle of the screen

>he says suse like the author of the Cat in the Hat

>that font
>those icons
>that window chrome

Holy shit could you even make your shit uglier if you tried?

Luckily his preferences don't require your approval.

>he fell for the 1TB RAM meme

I wanna download ubuntu.com but I dont know where to download it

>using plain 4chin

Dam. It's on github too. Somebody not as dumb or lazy as me should build an appimage.

[greentext]
Not using you're file manager as a file picker while shitposting@Sup Forums. This is why they invented drag and drop.
[/greentext]

>Default file manager of cinnamon
not in chrome