"People who are too poor for Nvidia go AMD, the bargain brand"

>"People who are too poor for Nvidia go AMD, the bargain brand"
>RX480 and 1060 is the same price
>480 is just objectively better in everything, but power efficiency (aka from corner cutting async compute)

AMD cards have never been the cheaper option, just the wiser option.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/70-8XG6uhK4
youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8
youtube.com/watch?v=vBK_vcllZVU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The real question is why isn't the rx 470 cleaning up when it's such an incredible value and a better value than anything nvidia has on the market save maybe t he 1070

Why did the GTX 280 outsell the 4870 when it was less than half as powerful for a higher price? Because Nvidia shills are the hardest shills in the world.

Still have that card and love it. I am certain there will never be such a value card from AMD again.

>Best AMD has to offer this year
>Worst Nvidia has to offer this year

>just the wiser option
then why can't AMD raise the prices?

oy vey

That's what they're doing with zen
They know they've hit a once-in-a-decade generation of gains, they're not gonna squanch their golden ticket by making themselves the budget brand again

AMD cards run, just not well. I'm always running into issues with buggy software and nuclear heat coming off of these things. I've had it with the lack of QC and the next two cards I pick up will be Nvidia.

You joking right? In the recent years drivers have been good, power consumption is good also.

>poor software support
>much higher heat output
>fallout 4 is still buggy
>generally slower than equivalently priced nvidia card despite drawing more power

Went from a HD4870 housefire to a gtx 670 and now a gtx 1070. Not buying AMD and their junk for a long long time.

Poorfags are cucked then, ain't we.

It's only slower for the first year..

>nuclear heat coming off of these things
t. someone who doesn't own a RX 480
nigga I have the reference card and it's quieter (a lot) than the stock fans from the h100i @ 50%

Out of curiosity, can you give us the model of card you have, along with the case and psu you are running it with?

No, I'm not. The drivers go bad every so often requiring new installation and Crossfire auto-enables itself whenever it feels like completely shutting off my main screen. Then it becomes a whole ordeal to attempt to get the settings up because the extended desktop doesn't go to the tertiary monitors as a result.

There's also the heat issue. These two guys put out a lot of heat even with liquid cooling. My office is generally around ten degrees higher than the rest of the house because of it.

You may have different experiences, but mine with AMD haven't been pleasant.

id fucking hope so

Absolutely, I'm running two 290x's with custom watercooling blocks, a CM Storm case and Rosewill 800 PSU.

I'm looking to get two 1080's as updated replacements.

I want what's best for my money now. Not in 3 years when I'm ready to upgrade.

Personally I think the driver issue might be more of a problem with crossfire/SLI than AMD/Nvidia
Try a single 1080 at first, SLI has plenty of its own problems just like crossfire
What are you doing with it?

I said 1 year tops. And most ppl don't upgrade 'till 5 years or so. So it's adequate.

>most people don't upgrade till 5 years
That's not true and you know it.

thats why I said 50%
the fucking cunts are the pic at anything more

but seriously why do they include such absolute shit fans with a somewhat "premium" product

>Because Nvidia shills are the hardest shills in the world.

says the person who is part of a measly 18% of a global amd desktop gpu userbase. the majority is always the shills and not the loud super small minority right?

I run three screens. 2 32" and one 40" 4k. The performance, I can't complain too much for being an older card. The QoL issues are just a pain in the ass.

I can't run a single card for rendering. My system would grind to a halt.

I do rendering, maintain remote SysAd, normal internet items, games and watch streaming video. Usually most of those items in tandem.

>Hotter or louder depending on what you choose
>No OC room
>same performance
>same price
>terrible brand recognition with bad history of shitty drivers and doods
>wiser choice

Really makes me think OP

Yeah if you want to do dual cards you're better of with SLI than crossfire IMO. If you want it now go for the dual 1080s.

However Vega and 1080ti should be coming around the same time.

Most people upgrade every 2-3 years and then sell their old hardware for half price thus saving 50%. The "once every 5 years" thingy applies only to ultra poorfags and overall poor countries like mine (Poland) and in all cases it's just drastic and pathetic. If you actually play games outside of cancerous mobas and mmos and want to have 60 fps with settings that don't gouge your eyes you are out of luck. Future proofing doesn't exist when it comes to GPUs.

>tfw have rx 480 gaming x 4gb
mfw it cant get a stable 60 fps in all modern aaa games on recommend settings
>tfw it's closer to 50-30fps

>200$ for this

good thing im rma'ing it soon

What will be your excuse when it comes to RMA? Do they actually give a fuck and check if the hardware is faulty or not? The idea of getting a gpu, running it for a year and then RMAing it for no reason sounds too good to be true.

It depends on consoles you faggots
>The longer a console lives the shutter the dev,and graphics

>The more your card shines

And what's your CPU?

why do amd drones get so ass exploded when people buy nvidia?

I'm using my shit performance compared to systems with the same build.
seriously man this thing should be getting like 50-60 fps in most games but for some reason my performance is shit.
it's possible its my cpu(i5 6400) so I'll rma that cause due to overly high cpu usage

im optimistic that this will solve my problems and allow me to finally have some fun with this build

If you got it at launch try to flash it to 8gb

>falling for the fx 83XX meme

>aka from corner cutting async compute
Its time to stop posting.

*so I'll rma that also due to overly high cpu usage

i5 6400

>its my cpu(i5 6400) so I'll rma that cause due to overly high cpu usage
So you'll RMA your CPU because your OS is using most of it to process telemetry data or whatever?
Good luck RMAing CPU because of high CPU usage. Sure does sound like a hardware problem.

Yeah the 6400 is trash tier. Should've gone with the 6500 it actually makes a big difference. Ideally you would've gone 6600k

Because they live in that tight bubble of cherry picked benchmarks and denial that simply allows them to jump straight to conclusions. AMD sold badly even if the hardware was on pair? It's Nvidia's shills fault. They have a bad reputation of faulty drivers? It just works for me! Stop being so tech illiterate!

Either way I honestly am looking towards Ryzen. Here is to me hoping that AMD won't also try to fuck me over by applying an overclocking and hyper-threading Intel tax.

AMD is shit stomping in resident evil 7 right now, and it's DX11 even

This is sarcasm right? Poe's law and all that stuff right?

because they're such a small minority that they have severe brand loyalty towards their dying company. it's like people who still buy nokia in 2017.

Kinda funny to see AMD getting that optimized performance b4 Nvidia for once. From what I've heard Nvidia has some issues with shadows in RE7.

youtu.be/70-8XG6uhK4

muh gigahurtz dun matter

obvious sarcasm
Why anyone would get a i5 6400 or i5 6500 over a i3 6100 is such an obvious joke

>8%
>double-sized bar
AYYYYY LMAO

os doesn't really use that much of the cpu, its pretty much all games for example im testing watch dogs 2 right now cpu usage is 90℅ gpu is 70℅

just closed it and its now cpu is
5℅ usage
thanks I'll probably throw in a "its giving fps stuttering" or some shit

other people with my specs are getting alot more performance with it strangely

All consoles run AMD hardware, coincidently every console ports runs and sells like trash.

I just assume that in both cases of 6400 and 6500 you would oc them using older bios alterations
>Also posting charts instead of gameplay in 2017

I might as well post charts written with shit on a piece of toilet paper and claim they are real.

Don't u need a z170 to oc them?

What if he doesn't have that chipset?

>right now cpu usage is 90℅ gpu is 70℅
Well there you go, you're bottlenecked by your CPU and yet you dare to blame it on RX 480.
Poor RX 480, to have such a shitty owner. Shame on you.

Just get a better CPU.

>less than half as powerful
t. pajeet
280 was more expensive but on par with 4870 you lying sack of shit

Then you made a terrible purchase.

I rather not spend extra 100 usd for extra 2fps, gaysync and meme bullshit

Nvidia is the apple equivalent of gpu's

>6400 isn't enough to run games with the budger 480 RX.
>Meanwhile my 3570k doesn't bottleneck my 1070

The AMD driver overhead meme is real.

just to be on the safe side im rma'ing both parts since its likely that its either one.

youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8
the power of APOO

Lol what the fuck a 6400 really bottlenecks a RX 480?
Guess its clock is that shit eh

Doubt it doesn't, depends if whatever you're playing is more CPU bound. You might just be playing different games.

Good luck getting it RMA'd because it doesn't match your desired performance levels.

It's not supposed to
youtube.com/watch?v=vBK_vcllZVU
this guy has the same specs as me yet he's running gta v at 60-50fps while Irun it at 60-28fps something is definitely wrong with my gpu or cpu

Run some shit and get the clock speeds, temps, and shit for the cpu and gpu nigge
and if you got a 4gb that could be why in gta

this goes beyond desired performance levels, it's definitely a hardware issue.
When I lower the resolution and decrease graphic settings the fps stays the same it's completely maddening

>fps stays the same
Doesn't sound like it's GPU then.

When it comes to GTA 5 make sure you drop those advanced graphical settings. They tend to simply drop frames in some ingame places. I don't know why, had similar issues with my i7 and 1060. Both cpu and gpu would simply drop to 70% usage in some cases when I had advanced graphics enabled. It's probably bad coding, try to run all settings on ultra minus advanced graphics like extended shadows etc, uncap your fps and compare it some gameplay on youtube using your rig.

gpu clock speeds show up as what they should be, temps are good on both cpu, and gpu.
gpu usage is quite low in pretty much every game I run though.

should I just rma the cpu than?

I keep advanced graphical settings on their lowest possible setting, tried increasing them before though didn't see any difference.

What's your ram? How much ram do you have? Run msi afterburner with rivatuner or some other AMD alternative in the background. See GPU and CPU usage, if you reach CPU usage into 90s in CPU then yes its your CPU shitting itself. If both aren't close to 99% then it's something else, probably ram or shitty engine optimization.

>should I just rma the cpu than?
I still doubt it's a hardware issue.

What are you going to give as a reason? I don't think "I get 20 FPS in GTA V" is going to cut it for either of those.

Benchmark your CPU, benchmark your graphics card, see how benchmark results compare to same hardware.

8gb
heres a screenshot I took with msi after burner
on firestrike both gpu and cpu had slightly lower scores than average
I'm not sure what the issue is beyond it being a hardware fault, and yeah it would be kind of hard to get that excuse to fly but I dont know what else to say gaming is the sole reason I purchased these parts yet the performance is abysmal despite reviews and other peoples benchmarks on games

setting are on high which is what auto detect selected

I had a HD7970 until very recently. It was still enough to run a lot of current games at high settings at 1080p. If I didn't switch to 1440p I would still be perfectly happy with it.

I forgot how good GTA 5 looks.

Which reminded me, I had it pirated, so this might only be an old patch issue, but starting up the game with any AA setting be it 2x, 4x or whatever made the game run at 20ish fps. Changing the setting while in game, say from 2x to 4x made the game run normal.
I also have an AMD card. So it was just some weird bug, I had to change anti-aliasing settings on every single run

Yeah maybe it'd grind to a halt with a 290x, try a single card

kek that's watch dogs 2, but I do agree gta 5 is a beautiful game.

Shows how much I played GTA 5. Beautiful game, not that fun though.

yeah I beat it once, I still play it every once in awhile though cause I really enjoy the first person view when driving and walking about.

I'm regretting buying my ASUS 970, I barely heard anyone in hear talk about this GPU anymore

Meanwhile people still gloating their 390 or even 380 purchased.

I wished I wasn't got meme'd so hard like this, fuck you Sup Forums.

That's obviously CPU bottleneck.

Sooo you buy GPUs so people can talk about them? 970 is still a decent card. I just hope you didn't pay more than $200.

is it possible it's a defect since the 6400 is supposed to be able to handle a rx 480?

Still 5770 got a huge market share, 'cuz was as fast as 4870 + cheap as fuck.

Its cause nvidia is like apple. Mactoddlers always have to buy the hip new product from their masters, same goes for nvidia. You probably won't be hearing anything about the 1070 in a couple years. Definitely will about the 480 though

I have a 6600 and I've been bottlenecked in a few games.

I have a 5770, don't know what to do with it.

..You're not running an FX 8350 are you?

how bad?
I'm going from 60 all the way to 30 fps it's insane man, I'm not sure if it's a regular bottleneck

neo Sup Forums nobody suggests checking cpu temps

Not to that extent. I run a 1600x900@80Hz monitor and sometimes my CPU can't keep up. I haven't seen anything close to under 60FPS.

I'm thinking I may have a defective cpu or gpu hopefully rma'ing them solves the issue I'd hate to have to spend more time and money shipping even more parts to their manufacturers

maybe that has something to do with
the fucking quarter gig of RAM
and the quarter gig of GPU RAM

Don't post CPU boss

Could also be thermal throttling. What are your temps like?

highest I've seen it in games was around 55c

>AMD cards have never been the cheaper option, just the wiser option.

Unless you use linux, then it's the masochistic option.

Did you ever consider that the rx 480 just sucks and the benchmarks you are looking at have settings turned way down compared to what you are trying to run?

I'm pretty much on par with my friends r9 380(2gb) in terms of fps and I know that the rx 480 is supposed to be miles ahead.
either my gpu or cpu is faulty, but in case you're right and the 4x 480 is just a shitty card I'll probably sell my system and move on with my life

Are you running windows 10? Ive heard the xbox overlay or whatever it is causes performance issues because its recording all the time or something like that

I'm using windows 7 pro, was using ultimate last month but thought a change of versions would help with performance sadly it did nothing

>the rx 480 just sucks

See It's beating 1070's and 980Ti's