For video rendering ? Yes.

For Networking Labs ? Yes.

For heavy GPGU stuff ? Maybe.

For gaming and shitposting. No

Depends on what you need, dumbass.

> You're just a baby boy
> Look at all those big buttons

Or virtualization you fucking retard.

if you use it, yes. having 32gb is no better than 8gb if you will never go above 8gb.

Fire up free -ht and check how much RAM you're using. If it's close to 16 GB, then yeah it's worth it, otherwise it's a complete waste and you won't experience any performance improvement at all since everything that you're doing fits in the memory you currently have.

You don't need virtualization for shitposting, shitposter.

It's like buying a 1000W power supply when you only need 400W.

For advanced shitposting you do. Unless you like the van.

>he doesnt run multiple VMs at all times.

For professional use? Yes
For Virtualization? Yes
For muh gaymen? No

If you have to ask,
no.

4GB is fine for consumers
8GB is fine for gamers
16GB is PLENTY for gamers

anything beyond that is just frivolousness, unless you have an actual industrial application or whatever that you *know for sure* needs it

yes.

99.99% of people don't need so much RAM on their personal computers.

8GB is usually more than enough for most people, go for 16GB if you're overcompensating for your babypenis. 32GB is just burning money.

Even 8 GB is excessive. 640k ought to be enough for anybody.

If you have to ask, probably not.

I bought 32GB of ddr4-2400 because I got a stupid deal on 2 corsair kits. $50 each kit of 2x8GB. Having come from an 8GB system, I had a habit of constantly closing a web browser if I wasn't looking at it THAT SECOND as well as completely exiting games.
Now it's not uncommon for me to have a 1080p Blu-ray rip playing in the background and 15+ tabs of Firefox open ranging from YouTube, to email, to news, to multiple threads from this place. Rather than exiting games now, I just pause and alt tab out. Having 2-3 games running at once isn't uncommon for me. I easily hit 16GB usage this way.

I also do a lot of video editing and the ram really comes in handy there. Comes down to if your use case can justify the price OP.

Yes. 16GB is The New Standard™ for most mainstream computer users. 32GB is recommended for power users and those who want to FutureProof™ their PC.

If you have to ask, probably not in your case.

I have 64GB but I only really use about 7GB. Even virtualisation with a few VMs running simultaneously doesn't usually get over 10GB.

It wasn't very expensive though and I guess I won't need to upgrade any time soon.

Only 32GB? Why not 128GB?

If you have less then 32GB of RAM then you don't have a computer, you have what is technically referred to as a "toaster" or a "shitbox" or a "ghetto blaster."

The difference between 32GB and 16GB is like night and day. Remember when people used to say 8GB was more then you would ever need? And before that, it was 4GB was "too much."

You should be shooting for 32GB in 2017. I'd recommend 2x16GB, so your mobo has room to expand to 64GB when that becomes the standard in a year or two.

Even 12 is a meme.

Because 16GB is still too much for almost everyone.
> Inb4 I use Adobe Products

I hate this fucking whores face so much, I want to punch and facefuck her.

Explain how ram matters for networking

32 is way too much at the momment as yes I have 32GB

But if you can upgrade never hold back ever its better to go forward then not at all.

>using Adobe products with a lot of ram
Don't forget you need to upgrade your CPU as these programs also take up CPU process

Why do you always make your own thread using the same ugly woman? If you want replies make a /sqt/
Then post your question in it

This without the face fucking