The Wine team is proud to announce that the stable release Wine 2.0 is now available

winehq.org/announce/2.0

Why do I need Windows again?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Winamp Classic Skin?content=64790
evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/software.html
winehq.org/
wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#Is_there_a_64_bit_Wine.3F
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slightly interesting. Thanks.

Last time I checked, the console.c implementation had some crucial functions missing from it, which I for example used in my own projects. Now (afaict) it seems that only one function is yet to be implemented there.
If that's true, I'll probably be seriously considering switching over to Debian.

>Why do I need Windows again?
Because apparently you need wine and windows will always be superior.

Wine/PoL is such shite, bruv

>Support for joystick button mapping and force feedback effects is improved.
No question who WINE is for.

Fuck off shill.

Interesting, I was about to update and I didn't notice I was already running version 2.0, but release candidate 4.

I only use it for EAC, and it has worked like a native application for some time now.

Welp, for anything serious I always run a secure VM with Spydows.

Thumbnail looks like a pair of testicles.

Inb4 Sup Forums uses WINE to run fucking Foobar2000 on Linux instead of native Audacious.

What's the point of using Wine when it requires proprietary Windows libraries?

It looks like two glasses filled with wine. You have issues, man.

lmfao GOT HIM
Fucking off yourself OP. Either go 100% free and use Linux or fuck off back to Windows.

That is retarded but I've seen some anons doing this.

Is not that it doesn't work, it does, but what is so special about foobar? Even the names implies amateurish software.

it has some convenient stuff, like playing SACD and maybe using some other plugins

>Is not that it doesn't work, it does, but what is so special about foobar?
It's the lightest (still developed) audio player on Windows. No point to run it on Linux when you have apps like moc, cmus or herrie.

>Fuck off shill.
You appear to have rustled jimmies. lol

>moc
my man, I am using moc with a custom layout and theme I made myself

I have both installed right now and Audacious is shit.
Foobar has much better UI and supreme plugins
It looks pretty bad in a GTK environment though.
wine-staging has GTK3 themes support but it looks shit too and resets itself randomly

I also use mocp. I found out about it after trying to modify nvlc to suit my needs.

Has anyone figured out how to actually install Office 2013 with the web setup distributed from Office365?

I use Clementine. It's similar enough to foobar 2000 for me.

Clementine is pretty good, I miss it.

I'm now on Rhythmbox because I can pick 2 sources of music with it, NAS + Local folder

binds are godlike, fuzzy search is godlike, superposing layouts and making a custom theme with colordef are godlike, can't go back now

changing the appearance of the info bar would rock though

>I'm now on Rhythmbox
bloat

I literally only use Clementine because it installed with Antergos+KDE and it was good enough.

wtf mine doesn't look like that

>128kvolts of true mp3 power

y'all niggas with audacious should try this gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Winamp Classic Skin?content=64790

it's pretty good but foobar2000 is still better

Refugee skin is better.

Why? WinAmp is dead.
Don't remind me about this shit.

sexy

When does this become available on Fedora? I'll upgrade to Fedora when this becomes available.

Still doesn't support rootkit emulation which means any game with real protection won't work.
Additionally, still doesn't perform too well in some settings.
Still has very poor support of shit that uses windows crap to the "fullest" (read: it's patched with scotch tape and bubble gum).
VGA passthrough is still the only good option for now.

If free software is so great why do you need Wine?

Who the fuck uses Fedora?
Debian clones already dominated Linux PC market. I can argue that Debian is also the best choice for your home server.

3-5 years

Because nobody is going to port some obscure windows98 scientific application to Linux when the scientific community using that program knows shit about coding.

evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/software.html

Look at this pile of unmaintained shit.

Install Gentoo

If it's available on Gentoo it'll be available on Fedora. Unless you're one of those guys who enables the experimental branch for some reason.

>not pulling important shit from experimental and shit that needs to be stable from stable
That's why gentoo is king -- it's the only distro where doing that is allowed. Everywhere else you must pull half or more of the system into experimental as soon as you touch a single non-stable package.

D e a D B e e F
e
a
D
B
e
e
F

>When does this become available on Fedora?
Name : wine
Arch : x86_64
Epoch : 0
Version : 2.0
Release : 0.1.rc4.fc24
Size : 55 k
Repo : updates
Summary : A compatibility layer for windows applications
URL : winehq.org/
License : LGPLv2+
Description : Wine as a compatibility layer for UNIX to run Windows applications. This
: package includes a program loader, which allows unmodified Windows
: 3.x/9x/NT binaries to run on x86 and x86_64 Unixes. Wine can use native system
: .dll files if they are available.
:
: In Fedora wine is a meta-package which will install everything needed for wine
: to work smoothly. Smaller setups can be achieved by installing some of the
: wine-* sub packages.

>The main highlights are the support for
Microsoft Office 2013, and the 64-bit support on macOS.

i see saggy tits

Nah, use the google play web-app.

pour your salt over here, aspies. I'm good for it.

Literally nothing wrong with this, stay mad

When will it be possible to run Wine on Windows?

Is there a 64bit version of wine yet?

wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#Is_there_a_64_bit_Wine.3F

literally the first result on google

Can't compile it on Raspberry Pi.

>Raspberry Pi