Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw too intelligent to write a compiler

create Language scriptbabbiesFirstJava

:= means "defined as"
= means "is equal to"
// means "divided by"
Obviously everything is immutable and stateless.
Unicode is allowed, and you can only use a notebook (similar to Mathematica's notebook) to write the code in.
Functions apply objects from left to right (x)F.
Definition of functions is done through mappings like Haskell, F: Nat -> Com
Lazy evaluation so we can deal with "infinite" data
Haskell's list comprehensions.
The code ought to look like mathematics.

Stroustrup visited me in my dream last night. I woke up feeling a suffocating C++ anxiety.

Пидop.

Ivan pojaluysta pokin' etot board, ti p'aniy

>Functions apply objects from left to right (x)F

Ya iz ukraini. I ne p'yu alkogol voobshe. Ne spal sutki i ne mogu usnoot'. Unylo.

Complicated oneiric metadiscussions about C++ don't correlate with "pidor" in my neck of the woods, Boris.

List shiiiiet = new List(){

}

"If ϕ: X -->Y is a map from a set X to a set Y and a a is in X, we write: aϕ and not ϕ(a) for the result of applying the map ϕ to the element a to obtain the element aϕ in Y. This mirrors the actual procedure: first we pick an element a in X, then we apply ϕ to a to obtain aϕ in Y"

You're trying so hard to create a new language for Sup Forums but at the end of the Haskell is already everything that Sup Forums would put in a programming language.

3/10
would not program with

current_thread.posts.op.reply_with "Here's your .."

Give me your best Haskell pitch.

Haskell's good but I'd like something that mathematicians could look at and instantly understand (if they knew the notation).

This. A programming language that interpreted latex like functions to actual programs. In other word programing with a latex editor. Or maybe a powerful programing language that can be written in something like an advanced spread sheet. Why do all programing languages just interpret plain text as opposed to text + formating like we naturally interpreted math is evaluated. Of course the down side is that you couldn't use a plain old text editor.

I don't understand what you mean. Math is just plain text.

1/10 even Hasklel is better

>Math is just plain text.

Still no idea what you're talking about.

Name one math equation that I can't just whip out a sheet of paper and write down with a pencil. I don't have to use any special program to do it that does formatting for me

>no reader macros
>no built in answer-set/constraint programming
>auto differentiation not built in

Needs more botnet meme placebo

>Still no idea what you're talking about.
I'm not even pre-poster, desu, senpai.
> I don't have to use any special program to do it that does formatting for me
riiiiiight, now do a 5 row accolade. Of course, without using shitty ASCII /|\ replacement. Or a squareroot or a epsilon with k = 4.

Honest question.
Did some mathematician define all that shit just to make a phi-do Fido joke?

Dynamic typed, wild coercions, chaotic as fuck.
Basically Perl6 but with more chaos.
Call it Bismuth and libraries are called Edges.

the application scheme is kinda interesting

thread t;
t='boards.Sup Forums.org/g/thread/58661595';
t.shitpost('>hello world');

>oop

>tfw too intelligent to write anything in any programming language that resembles anything useful.

Because when a program is compiled, formatting ala whitespace is mostly ignored.