Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50GHz&id=2925
pcpartpicker.com/list/rsGRCy
pcpartpicker.com/list/Q8tBxY
pcpartpicker.com/list/vMsCgL
pcpartpicker.com/list/tXhrtJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

expand your budget

SSD is something you could take off of the list and get better cpu or gpu or what ever.

Its fine, Im sure you will enjoy it.

No need for the 1tb drive most likely. You seem to be on a tight budget so get rid of that excess.

Try to squeeze as much as possible towards a basic i5 or even basic (non overclocking) i7.

It doesn't look like a bad list though if someone is on a budget.

Get an "h" motherboard, the B series really does kinda suck. They really are not much more. Otherwise, its ok.

you are a moronic sperg and I'm not the OP.

OP here
If I ditch the ssd i MIGHT squeeze in an i5. Think i will consider that option.

Yep, that's a very solid build. The 470 is the best bang per buck card right now, and the current i3s are very good.

Don't ditch the SSD. It will be a living hell. When I said ditch the 1tb drive I meant get something smaller. e.g. 500gb is usually (more than) enough for anyone that doesn't save forever what he downloads.

there is no point in that i3 anymore. Get the Pentium G4560 and put the saved money towards a 1060 or 480.

Use the Pentium g4560 instead of the overpriced I3.

And get a Board that supports m.2 ssd for later upgrades.

While that is not a totally bad idea, the OP should be aware of severe caveats. Only if you run largely single-threaded applications you will not turn insane about that shitty choice. Granted, a lot of games are still mainly single-threaded because it's hard to multithread interactive applications but run away from it if you do anything purely multithreaded e.g. encoding or even some particular games need it, hence in that case the extra money should be given to a i5 or better as much as possible.

PS. I know it's practically an i3 too but still, it's a dual core.

OP here
Never knew the G4560 existed until now. It looks like a viable option as well.

get pentium g4560
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50GHz&id=2925
and a rx 480 instead

Either Pentium or go straight i5 and ditch the ssd. great to have and all but you can still get one later.

It is ok, if you could get an i5 would be better

trim it and get an i5/480

your list I imagine is something like this:
>mostly the cheapest parts that meet criteria
pcpartpicker.com/list/rsGRCy
~$570
>dont need 3k ram
>550w is overkill
>480/4 is less than $20 difference

Trimmed down to basic but usable with an i5/480 for ~ $30 bucks more

get an ssd, another 1x8gb ram, decent audio and a freesync monitor at taxes.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Q8tBxY
>forgetting the 2nd link

OP here
thanks, I will look into that. Though some parts are more expensive/cheaper than others in my country, but it looks reasonable.
An i5 is clearly more "future proof".

or fuck kaby
pcpartpicker.com/list/vMsCgL
>dual core
>4gb vram
>2017
>dont

Honestly, computing nowadays progresses extremely slowly, so I would do whatever I can to collect us much as possible for it go as close to an i7 or i5 as possible or even a better GPU.

Sure, GPUs can still shill for bigger chips but that's mainly a tricky, they don't progress much on transistor technology, they mainly make bigger parallelism, for higher cost.

********Generally sit on the money as much as possible if you can get more money soon because chips nowadays, and especially CPUs progress extremely slowly.********

Wouldnt the pentium bottleneck a radeon 480?

it is

How much is your budget exactly OP?

good for now get better psu and aftermarket cooler for ur cpu to overclock the shit out of it in the future

>i3
literally not worth the money

Do you really need more than 550 in most cases?

Sorry to hijack OPs thread but are there any brands to avoid or go for in the PSU market? I'm looking at an EVGA right now.

get new 2C/4T pentium.

Good luck finding a g4560.

No really just look unless you are the 6 lucky guys waiting in europe. They wont be around till February

actually you don't i'm thinking of my build i have a 1000watt psu running 2 mix match radeon cards in crossfire there're overclocked and so is my cpu

bumping this Also, if you can afford it, get something like this: pcpartpicker.com/list/tXhrtJ
>overclockable CPU is way better for future-proofing than a non-OC'able i5
>Z270 mobo can actually use the full clock speed of the RAM
Upgrade to a better video card later on.

replace i3 7100 with the new kaby lake pentium G4560, and upgrade the GPU.

kaby lake pentium G4560 is like half the cost, FIRST PENTIUM SINCE THE P4 WITH HYPERTHREADING, and fuckin $64.99 USD.

it is an absolute price-to-performance beast that was released for to take the budget gaming market from AMD, now that they're focusing on the high end with Ryzen.