Lets say an earthquake is about to blast your home/apartament to pieces in about 15 secs...

lets say an earthquake is about to blast your home/apartament to pieces in about 15 secs. you only have time to take ONE piece of technology with you and escape safely. everything you leave will be irreversibly trashed. size doesn't matter. what is it, Sup Forums?

My bag of weed

Nothing. Let it all burn.

My road bike

my dragon dildo

Size doesn't matter? What about my house?

Phone. For me it would be the most useful thing to have under the circumstances. The rest is unimportant since I keep offsite backups anyway.

Solar panels.

My humanoid sex doll AI robot

my benzos, though hampshire doesn't really have earthquakes.

Nothing because all my data is securely backed up in the cloud.

Jokes on you, I am homeless.

Wait, wait, wait. Blast my home? Is this earthquake a laser?

California here
Houses here are designed from the ground up to be strong as can be in an earthquake. If my house was to fall in enough of a way for everything inside to be destroyed somehow, society as we know it would fucking collapse. Entire cities leveled. No power, no water, no food, no Internet, no cell phone signal.

I guess I'd take my car keys.

Car keys

I'd take his car keys.

The bay area is due an earthquake. If you believe no buildings will collapse you're an idiot

this. i don't need any of it

>American infrastructure

Even though the 1995 Kobe earthquake revealed rampant corruption in Japanese construction companies, we can safely say that most buildings there are built with a higher resistance for earthquakes, yet....

It takes a massive earthquake to knock down most buildings here. Like a 8 or 9.
Last good one was a 6.9 and it just took out a few bridges, like 12,000 homes were damaged. Barely a scratch.

Hard disks never die. Also, European houses can handle earthquakes a lot better than ameritard houses.

My data is irreplaceable, so obviously my tower full of HDD's.

>mfw it would cost thousands a month for me to maintain 30TB in 'the cloud'.

My phone because I am not autistic. I can call 911 and my family to see if they are safe.

Probably my full tower of hard drives.

I have an offsite backup but it's a few months old.

I have like 5tb of family movies and gopro / drone / time lapse shit i shot that i dont want to lose

..you can go to a fucking gas station to call 911.

>I am not autistic
Based on that retarded comment, I'd say you're a candidate.

As much as it would suck, my phone will be more useful than a $1.5k desktop I use to play CS 1.6 and Desert Combat

Nothing, insurance will cover it

I don't get it? Your car is going to be destroyed. Even if it's not, it's going to be near impossible to drive it out of there. Full-coverage insurance can replace it, but you dont need car keys as proof that you own the car.

I wouldn't live in an area where earthquakes are a possibility.

Well, according to the original post, he said car keys, not car, and you are only supposed to bring one thing. So I guess a pair of keys is the most important thing to run off with.

the best PC in the house
in my case mac mini

> he said car keys, not car
I know that. I'm saying why is he taking useless car keys if his car is being destroyed.

Instead, you can take your 20k+ car to the original dealership and get new car keys for less than $100.

Why wound a car be destroyed?
My truck is parked out on the street. I'll grab the rest of my valuables from the rubble, kick it in 4x4, and head to my parents ranch.

A couple questions, but how were you unaware that a devastating earthquake was on its way? How can you make it out of your house in 15 seconds?

My custom i5 6600 with a GTX 1070, m.2 drive, ssd, and 4tb hard drive.

>An earthquake will blast your home/apartment to pieces
>But the car 20 meters away is just fine lololol

Well if it does that then how is 15 seconds enough time to escape?

How did you customize the i5?

given I have my phone as part of my EDC, my main computer

>homeowner
i>nsured
>take phone
>call the fire department after it is nonrecoverable.
>call insurance
>wait for payment
>move to Colorado
>leave kid and wife behind
>get herpes from bar skank
>work things out with wife
>burn the house down again

Are you an retard?
If I take a speedbump at 30mph driving my truck, it will be fine.
If I take a speedbump at 30mph driving my house, of course it will fucking vaporize. Cars are designed to take g forces far higher then a sizeable earthquake can manage. The only way it can be destroyed is if something falls on it.

The chineses gave me 78TB online for free in exchange of my privacy.
Seems fair for me.

What if i took the earthquake?
>captcha: do not
Well then... the house itself.

But i live where the world's largest recorded earthquake happened, and earthquakes happen every year or so in this shit country so no big deal.

To answer the question though, my Thinkpad of course.

My Ti-84 Silver Edition why is that even a question

External Hard Drive containing backups of literally everything.

>exchange of my privacy
Shit deal then.
My privacy is everything. It's the main reason I don't put shit in the cloud.

>Why wound a car be destroyed?
Most middle class keep their cars in their garage, which is part of their home.

My phone or laptop with one USB c charger

If it's going to be trashed (as in nobody can read the data afterwards), I don't care.

My macbook.

It's all one needs.

This.

I'd grab my tower, but it would take the whole 15 seconds just to lug the thing out of the bedroom. Thing's fucking heavy as shit.

My Chromebook.

I'd take the house.

My tower. Some of my projects aren't yet synced to git.

My 2016 Retina Macbook Pro 15, it means everything to me.