He uses a multi monitor setup in 2017

>He uses a multi monitor setup in 2017

It's time to grow up, kids.

I am switching to a curved 21:9 monitor in place of two 5:4 monitors, it'll be used along with other monitors though.

I tried the multimonitor meme.

You just spend all your time fiddling with Windows, calibrating colours and craning your neck. Never again.

Why would I pay double for what I could get with two screens and ~10mm of bezel?

I don't need any single applications wasting that much desktop space.

Maybe if you're a gaymer or watching movies ALL the time getting a 21:9 main display would make sense, but I would still require at least one other display to be productive.

You will never convince me a single monitor is "better" sorry, but less resolution is always worse when in an actual production environment.

lol, I can look at both of my monitors without craning my neck at all, sounds like you just had shit monitor placement, and worse, shit monitors in general.

If you buy matching displays, their color accuracy wont be photo perfect, but they'll be close enough anyone but a turbo autist wouldn't notice.

>all your time fiddling with Windows
My only issue has been with windows 10 and the task bar with multi-monitor setups, literally everything else i've done just works.

What is this abomination of an excuse for a mouse? How do you function with this?

I meant windows on the screen.

...well then I REALLY don't understand what you mean since windows just snap into place in windows 10.

>popping up on the wrong monitor
>constantly dragging them about
>having to turn your head to read what's on the other screen

The whole thing is a massive kerfuffle. Honestly I think you guys just get extra screens to brag about it. It's not practical at all.

>inb4 butthurt replies

....lol what the fuck are you on about?

I've been using dual 1440p monitors for a year now with windows 10 and haven't had any issues like that, and again, having to turn your head is your OWN FUCKING FAULT.

If you can't set up your monitors to where you don't need to turn your head, that's your problem. Why is YOUR problem suddenly a problem EVERYONE has?

Hint, they don't. It's just you.

You sound rustled user. Buyer's remorse? I imagine those monitors were quite expensive.

$260 on sale each.

I paid ~$550 after shipping for two 1440p monitors.

5120x1440.

At the time I bought them, the cheapest IPS 21:9 3440x1440 was $900, there were a few others around $1,000-1,200 as well.

So yeah, I feel terrible only having spent $550 instead of $800+

>spending $550 on monitors

The cheapest 3440x1440 (the monitor in the OP) right now is what, $700?

So I still saved $150+ from what a SINGLE one of those cost, and I have far more useable workspace.

5120x1440 is larger than 3440x1440, no matter how much you might not like bezels, anyone who needs desktop space to WORK would take more resolution as the number of times I need to view 3440x1440 pixels without a bezel boils down to gaming and watching movies, which i'm not doing for work.

I am however using text editors and having several internet tabs open at once for references. So having a small 10mm bezel between my two monitors is a non-issue for me.

Again, you can get away with it for someone who is ONLY gaming, or ONLY watching movies, but anyone who actually does REAL desktop work will prefer more resolution almost every single time.

You fags cover 99% of the autism gamut. If you're capped out at $500 new, you have a shitty monitor.

Wew lad

great counter point

Are you autistic? Genuinely asking.

What's wrong with having dual 1:1 19inch monitors?

Are you a NEET man child?

I work for a living, I use my computer for work, why the fuck should I spend hundreds more for a SINGLE display when I can get more resolution for less money with two screens?

Unless it costs a negligible amount more, or there are tangible benefits to it. Why the fuck would I buy one?

Further, since 21:9 panels are so new, the quality control is GARBAGE, color and brightness uniformity is SHIT, backlight bleed is terrible, dead/stuck pixels are common as fuck and their normal pixel policies wont cover that shit either.

So please, since you seem to have all the answers, why the fuck would I buy a 21:9 meme right now? Give me ANY good reason why it would make sense for me to buy one, I beg you.

>apple trashcan

Stop posting here.

its handy with touch gestures, just takes a while to get used to

>his pc is in the kitchen

I have a lg 21:9 freesync on the way, can't wait

You seem autistic considering your massive buttflustered responses. I've obviously hit a nerve here. Listen we've all made purchases we later regretted. I'm just saying personally I think multiple monitors are a meme. Like multicolored gaming mice and mechanical keyboards. I've tried them. Very little if any real advantage. It's all fluff. Marketing. Just my opinion.

it's fucking shit

Don't even bother, user. Multi-display fags use every single bit of post-hoc purchase rationalization they can muster to justify their shitty, bezel-segmented purchases.

Durr durr, why buy an ultrawide & IPS panel when you can get TEN displays and have a 12800x10200 resolution for 1/3 the cost

TEN displays? Sign me up!

You'll have to stand in line behind me

look how functional this looks, user.

Yeah sign me up for shitty quality control, backlight bleed worse than a 2008 Dell, and color uniformity that could have teal and dark blue on the same panel and you'd be left wondering if it's actually a different color or not.

Enjoy your shitty displays on your shitposting machines, anyone actually doing work will continue to buy ultrasharps, NEC, EIZO, etc. And none of those come in meme formats like 21:9

>oh shit where's the mouse cursor?

>post-hoc purchase rationalization
wait a minute, isn't that exactly what this thread IS?

Anyone who thinks 21:9 is mature enough to judge if it's a meme or not is retarded, and anyone shilling THIS hard is basically telling the world they fell for the meme.

So aren't YOU the one with the post purchase rationalization?

Multi-monitor setups have existed for years, it's what most working people use. I don't suddenly see 21:9 taking over.

I have a 21:9 monitor.
But I still find dual-monitor useful as fuck.

This, I can get behind the 21:9 meme if it's your primary display and you ALSO have another 2ndary monitor.

But anyone who is used to working with multiple displays simply wont see a SINGLE 21:9 monitor as a good alternative.

give me two or three of those 21:9 and we might have something useful.

>he uses tripcodes and cringy weebtrash names when he doesn't know any japanese

exactly, a sigle 21:9 monitor adds what, 580×1080 if you have a 16:9 1080p screen and a 1080p 21:9 monitor. It’s fucking nowhere near replacing a second monitor.

a decent 21:9 is already over $200 might as well get 3 curved 16:9 and be a jackoff for a little under double

I use dual monitor 1080p.

One is 144hz freesync and the other is 60hz. What if I want to check out other things happening on the other screen while I stay full screen in the 144hz one. Can't do that with an ultrawide.

lol do you even know what that name says?

a shitty google translation of him trying to say he isn't a faggot.

It took me fifteen minutes to get it all working to my liking. Used it when I was teaching myself 3D modeling by having tutorials open on one while I modeled on the other. It has its benefits, though they're tough to see if you can't stop finding things to bitch about long enough.

nah

bro why is your pc a trashcan

>trashcan on desk
Is this a new meme?

Who keeps making these threads?

People who bought 21:9 meme monitors and need other people to fall for the meme so they can reassure themselves they didn't make a mistake.

I never thought I would see the day that Apple started selling non Apple branded shit.

How the mighty have fallen.

inb4 flood of bad reviews on cheap panels.

This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.
He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.
He doesn't have a mouse with refresh rate so high that it breaks spacetime continuum every time you slide it across your desk.
He doesn't have a $300 pair of audiophool grade headphones.
He doesn't have some super-expensive chair with all kinds of knobs and adjustments that can can even massage your prostate.
He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.
He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.
He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.
He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads that just make you feel inadequate. Just learn your craft and get better. What matters is what's in your head and how you express yourself and not what you have on your desk.

Never!

I use a PLP setup with a 40" 4K monitor in the middle and I wouldn't mind two more displays in portrait mode to wrap around my field of vision...

Your logic/reasoning is retarded

You use 3 monitors with the 21:9 in the center.

Of course I use 3 21:9 monitors, but that's just me.

Hey m8, notice those cartons there? Maybe it's a new rig?

Sure that's fine, but i'm not going to go down to a single 21:9 display even if you were sucking my dick begging me to.

Now this must be bait or a seriously incapable user.

t. multimonitor setups only since the 90's

tbqhwy multi monitors are way more comfy than a gigantic screen

and i don't even have more than 1

I tried the single monitor meme.

Nothing but constantly alt tabbing, and having to memorize what was on the precious screen, and constantly alt tabbing to the wrong windows. Not to mention shit where alt tabbing is a huge chore.

Just built this yesterday, runs windows 98, and got it hooked up to university internet. Can you shitpost on 20 year old hardware?

>tbqhwy multi monitors are way more comfy than a gigantic screen
No.

I will go for a 4k Widescreen, and play games in 1080p Borderless Centered

That's some beautiful trash can you got here

holy shit why would you use that POS mouse?

>What is this abomination of an excuse for a mouse? How do you function with this?
it's literally the best mouse on the market (unless you're a gaymer and need a shitton of buttons for macros).

it;s low to the desk and perfect for a claw grip and the whole mouse is a touch surface so you can do gestures and easily scroll with a flick of a finger. no wheels to get clogged up.

love mine. wish Logitech would make their version of it as well because I love Logitech stuff too.

he has the equipment he's comfortable with.

from what i see this is a gayman logitech mouse that has "refresh rate so high that it breaks spacetime continuum every time you slide it across your desk". Nothing wrong with it though, im just pointing this out.

What monitor is that?

>not having an ultrawide plus a normal 16:9 vertically

It's the best of both worlds, ultrawide for movies and gaming, and a large vertical space for forums and web browsing

Anyone trace this number +44 7718 610541 and tell me who it is

Fell the for the ultrawide meme on black friday and it's amazing. Cannot go back now. Feels better having a single and much more functional screen as well.

>CONSUME

hahahaha. welcome to Sup Forums shillbro

HP ZR30W

>HP ZR30W
Not bad. Not sure I want to go IPS, I seems pretty sensitive to contrast.

It's actually pretty fucking good

>inb4 no right click

yes it can right click, mother fucker.

as an applefag, can't believe theres people actually defending this garbage.

you can't hold left click and right click (for selection), gestures are ass, you can't charge while using it, shaped bad, its just absolutely horrible

Do you need one color profile per monitor after calibration?

>He doesn't have a $300 pair of audiophool grade headphones.
Actually, if I can see correctly, he has a pair of $250 BOSE headphones with active noise silencing

Sebastian Reynolds

I've been debating on an ultra wide or not. My only concern is that most videos are not in 21:9 format yet except for movies so most videos I'm watching are going to have those retarded ass black bars.