When is someone going to make an open source imageboard that kills off Sup Forums?

When is someone going to make an open source imageboard that kills off Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/microsounds/akari-bbs
github.com/makos/sshchan-oop
github.com/vichan-devel/vichan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We'll need a logo.

There are already open source Sup Forums-style imageboard clones.

They suck

this cripple tried and failed

Like Facebook and Twitter, Sup Forums's value lies solely in its community. Network effects > ideology.

There's nothing free. Reddit was supposed to be an alternative to digg and now everyone is rich there. Fuck it, might as well just watch anime.

noone outside of Sup Forums cares about FOSS

Make it an orchid

This. Someone post that screenshot from chinkchan where they chinks say they only care about their pedo games and don't give a shit about freedoms

What is wrong with 8 chan?

Most of the internet runs on FOSS until the very topmost layer.

Does he own a Luigi or a Toad onesie?

It's the userbase that makes this place. People won't ever leave in enough numbers to make a new place worth it, unless Sup Forums dies of course, then they won't have an option.

It no longer has freedom of speech. See cp being banned.

Honestly it's just too slow. /tech/ and Sup Forums crawls at the pace of Sup Forums's /wg/

>Sup Forums's value lies solely in its community
Exactly, no one comes here for intelligent dialogues and artistic GUI. You come here to talk with people as shitty as you about things they like as much as you.

You're wrong, I'd say Sup Forums doesn't even care about FOSS at all, it's just a meme to people here.

XD

>When is someone going to make...

That someone can be you!

Akari BBS, lightweight, futaba like written in C github.com/microsounds/akari-bbs

sshchan, command line bbs made in python github.com/makos/sshchan-oop

vichan, popular, github.com/vichan-devel/vichan

you also close threads which are dead on topic but all the trolls shit post it to Sup Forums

Why is it so hard to make a chan that's not slow as shit?

Hiroyuki Nishimura
Hiroyuki Nishimura
Hiroyuki Nishimura
Hiroyuki Nishimura
Hiroyuki Nishimura

I summon thee!

Myabe is time to make more boards so people won't complain as much.

Any sites you've found that have implemented it?

We already have enough boards.

The source code isn't where the value is. It's the hosting and community adoption. You cannot replicate those things just by making a new copy.

Hosting costs will eat you alive because Sup Forums consists entirely of leeches

not enough traffic to /frz/

Like reddit? kekekekek....

In reality, there are like 10,000 chans that are all dead af, so I think you forgot to do a Google search OP.

>kimdotcom got fucked over
>hotwheels got fucked over
Stupid goyim!You cannot win!

Make Sup Forums-technology Sup Forums-guro again.

Make me lord emperor of Sup Forums and I will.

Hell, I'd revert Sup Forums to its former glory. No more 5 bajillion boards. No more shitty Web 2.0 home page. No more fucking CAPTCHA and LOL4CHAWNGOLD because I know how to stop fucking spamming shitlords like any real site admin does. We'd have bans up the fucking ass for all these nukid wannabe loser underage idiots trying to make Sup Forums into reddit/tumblr/etc.

Sup Forums as it is, is pure, 100% cancer. At least back in the old days it was only 92% cancer or so.