/spg/ - Smartphone General - Galaxy S8 leaked edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:

ZTE Axon 7 Nougat update delayed, won't be coming this month
gsmarena.com/zte_axon_7_nougat_update_delayed_wont_be_coming_this_month-news-22990.php

Galaxy S8 live images leak alongside full spec details and launch date
gsmarena.com/galaxy_s8_live_images_leak_alongside_full_spec_details_and_launch_date-news-23006.php

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) review
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_2017-review-1555.php

Lenovo K6 Power review
gsmarena.com/lenovo_k6_power-review-1559.php

Lenovo P2 review
gsmarena.com/lenovo_p2-review-1557.php

Next Pixel Flagship may Feature a non-Qualcomm Chipset, Possible Budget Model in the Works
xda-developers.com/next-pixel-flagship-may-feature-a-non-qualcomm-chipset-possible-budget-model-in-the-works/

Sony said to unveil a 4K Snapdragon 835 Xperia flagship phone at MWC, 4 more phones in the works
phonearena.com/news/Sony-said-to-unveil-a-4K-Snapdragon-835-Xperia-flagship-phone-at-MWC-4-more-phones-in-the-works_id90400

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/galaxy_s8_live_images_leak_alongside_full_spec_details_and_launch_date-news-23006.php
amazon.com/Moto-Play-4th-gen-Lockscreen/dp/B01KBH547A
androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/
spiegel.de/international/world/privacy-scandal-nsa-can-spy-on-smart-phone-data-a-920971.html
download.lineageos.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not using USB-C in 2017

Samfags gtfo you can't defend this one

>s8
>There will be two Galaxy S8 sizes, as rumored before. The smaller model will have a 5.8-inch screen, the larger a 6.2-inch display, both of the dual-curved Super AMOLED variety, and both with an unusual 18.5:9 aspect ratio. Thus Samsung too is ditching the traditional 16:9 aspect ratio, but it's made the S8's panel even more elongated than LG for the G6 (which has 18:9 ratio). The S8's display will be pressure sensitive (think 3D Touch), but strangely only in its lower part.

>The small S8 will have a 3,000 mAh battery, the bigger model getting a 3,500 mAh cell. That's not a lot, considering the huge screens here, so it helps that no matter where you buy an S8 from, it will sport a chipset built on a 10nm process - be that Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 or Samsung's next Exynos. Both phones should come with an 11% increase in performance compared to the S7, 23% faster graphics, but at the same time 20% more energy efficiency. So hopefully that will translate into good battery life, even with the aforementioned capacities.

>5.8 inch 3000mah
>6.2 inch 3500mah

wat, what's up with those ridiculous sizes and the small batteries? No way that this is real.

currently have the htc m8, is upgrading to the s8 worth it? the small bezels rumored got me by the balls

Just switched back to Swype after forcing myself to use Google Keyboard for over a year (now 'Gboard'). This is so smooth and accurate. Gboard is total dogshit.

>gsmarena.com/galaxy_s8_live_images_leak_alongside_full_spec_details_and_launch_date-news-23006.php
Have to agree with on this. If these rumours are correct then I'm either buying an s7 when the price drops after the s8 launch or I'm finding something else that's waterproof and has an OLED screen.

It does though?

That's clearly a micro usb port, user

Hello Sup Forums I want to replace my zte zmax z970 but having trouble finding a phone that works with my provider

Bezel-less. screen size is bigger but physical size remains the same so it will have similar physical dimensions to the S7.

G4 play.
amazon.com/Moto-Play-4th-gen-Lockscreen/dp/B01KBH547A

That's probably the shittiest position for the fingerprint sensor I've seen so far. Directly beside the camera, really Samsung?

Drank the koolaid got the iPhone 7. Love live photos and the messenger and camera. Wish I had the customization of Nova and Swiftkey. I know it's an app but iOS version sucked.

I got a return window but don't know if I want to give all that up for Samsung s7.

>SamsunS
this is shopped, isn't it?

It's fake

tfw still no nougat for the g4p

What the fuck were they thinking when placing the fingerprint sensor next to the fucking camera?

This has to be fake. Holy shit.

I bought a G4 Play on sale for $99 a month ago

G4 was on sale for $179 (16GB)

Which was the better deal?

Hey /g a question.
I'm actually using a Samsung S4 i9505, cyanogen.
I'm still OK with it but in case of hardware failure, what is a worthy replacement not coming from Samsung and able to get CM, maybe not if the base OS is not a shit? I was thinking LG G4 but I don't know.

Do google phones contain spynet stuff or nah?

I want to try out CopperheadOS, but I fear hardware backdoors.

yes. all of them.

>bootloop G4
lmao.

+1, I have a Samsung s4 SPH L720, cyanogen and am thinking the same thing. There's still life in it but the end is coming. Been looking at the xiaomi and huawei phones for the first time, never bought chink and not sure what to expect. Lineage OS support - whenever it arrives - is a big factor for whatever I'd get.

Care to explain?

Why

androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/

Don't buy LG.

you got 10 seconds to post your current phone and why you own it

Think about what you're missing out with your iPhone and think of all the plusses a Pixel will get you.

Moto G4 Play

Got it for $99 and does everything a smartphone should do

>he doesnt own mate 9 the phone with the best processor in the world
you cant be that poor Sup Forums

Software or hardware, though? Source?

wtf i love samsung now

spiegel.de/international/world/privacy-scandal-nsa-can-spy-on-smart-phone-data-a-920971.html

>wasting that much money on chinkshit
yikes!!!!

LITERALLY looks like an iPhone

Not really

Got a Moto Z Droid on Verizon because they have the best coverage in my area. I want to root it but am unsure if the method for the Moto Z will work for the Droid edition, any tips?

doesnt work. Bootloader is locked down

the redmeme nop3
literally the supreme choice for developers

what about the Dirty Cow root method?

Moto g4 play

>5" Screen
>Removable Battery
>Sd Card slot
>Cheap
>Official Updates

maybe I am just being dumb here but under developer options, there is an option to unlock the bootloader called OEM unlocking.

You're right about the first bit.

OK thanks, maybe late models are fixed tho.

>720 x 1280

Any thoughts on the Honor 6X?

Won't buy it. Because of bootloader lock that will still be on this phone. Fuck that. They didn't deliver with s7 , what makes you think they will with this one nigger?

They aren't. have you been living under a rock? they all bootloop. not to mention it's shit phone with 2H of battery life.

good phone but don't count on it getting Android O, because Honor Phones are only supported for a year, before the next one comes around. Also Chink processor means you won't be able to put a custom rom on it

Here's the list of phones that currently have official LineageOS builds
download.lineageos.org

OnePlus Master race here

>1080
>master race

lol, just lol

So is there anything I should be particularly wary of when buying a used phone? What problems are there that you can't immediately spot with naked eye?
Also, does performance go down over the phone's usage period? So like, will a used one be running slower than a new one? Or is that all a matter of bloating the OS that can be fixed with a factory reset?

I'm looking to buy a used Z3/Z3 Compact

Well, just did not bring myself into phones to be honest. Too bad it seems like a nice phone for the price.

Also checked.

>Note 4
its great and has a pen

G4 Play by far, even if it's weaker, mine cost me $120 but it came with a 32GB sd card, dog bless black friday.

Google "Moto G4 ghost touch", "Moto G4 overheating" and "Moto G4 screen burn-in", the phone has a shitload of issues.

10nm

bretty bower ebifecent

>5.8
>6.2
Awesome.
Women BTFO.
Faggots BTFO.
Manlets BTFO.

Now we just need more mah juice.

Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S6?

My gf and my friend have one. Together they have broken 7 of my micro USB cords while charging their phones. Anytime they come over and use my cords, after weeks of regular use the cords will no longer click into place and stop charging. If I plug them into anything they'll just slide out.

We know it's the S6s fault because their phones have also broke their own individual 3rd party cords, while my cords I don't let them use haven't broken for years.

This image is fake, mongol.

I'm contemplating on Honor 6x. Is there any phone cheaper with comparable battery life?

What's the best midrange budget phone

Oneplus 3
Zenfone 3
Honor 8

??

Any others? I want something with a decent camera at least, I've currently got a Zenfone 2 and the camera isn't very good

So how common are Z3 screen peeling issues?

What do you guys think of Alcatel Shine Lite?

My Moto g didn't come with a visual voice mail app. What's a decent one to use?

>install avast
>use battery saver
>battery now persistently reports incorrect percentage
What do?

Wait until after the MWC and see if HTC announce a new metal phone.

I wouldn't recommend Shitsung, especially if you are coming from the best Android OEM.

don't use avast

Initial reviews say that Redmi Note 4 SD version has a far better camera than ZuK Z2 or called Lelnovo Z2 Plus in India. When is it coming to resellers and how much do you think will it sell for?

Redmi Note 4 SD edition

how good are next bit robins

great specs for its price

apparently it will bend in half if you forcibly bend it in half, so don't do that!

should i get one, im not the guy asking for a compact phone but im looking for one aswell.

fugg compact is a brand, i thought it was thickness of a phone, but im looking for a thick sharp corner phone

well this one is literally a rectangle, so it's got those corners

How do I fix that piece of shit that is Android? I've deleted most of my shit, but I still can't download any update

Where the fuck is the HTC U news

no i mean sharp corners like the mi mix or aquaos crystal,but this phone looks kinda nice

Worst Korea Note 4. I will keep this phone until it dies and would buy another.

Get the mi5 or wait for mi6 and mi6. When are they gonna be announced/available most probably? I need good battery life and good performance overall, something that will last me 3 or 4 years at least, more is better

Nexus 5. Just werks, looks nice, has good rom support (it's on 7.1.1 right now). I also got it for 100 burgerdollars.

Looking at picking up a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime and I found it on both Honorbuy and Oppomart.

Honorbuy ship from with the EU, cost inc. delivery: €195
Oppomart ship from China, claim they can sneak past customs/will pay customs fees if caught, cost inc. delivery: €168

Anyone got any advice on those two sellers?

Network: Vodafone

What about the G4 Plus?

Which Xiaomis are properly compatible with US bands?

Is there any way that apple is going to make an iPhone SE2? or should I bite the bullet and get it already?

Sent in my N5X to repair since it was stuck in bootloop, is it only a matter of time until it happens again?

My niggs. I hope the note8 will be a viable upgrade.
I'd say so. the SE was quite sucessful and the demand for small phones among apple users is there (manlets) and especially those kind of people love to upgrade all the time.
>LG
It's a possibility. A friend's G4 never had issues so you might get lucky - it's not like all phones get bootloops.

Redmi 3S or Redmi 4?

I have an LG G4 Stylus and I have no issues with that phone whatsoever.

Redmi Note 4 SD Edition

Is that only 0,5 inch difference and the processor?

XZ
You can say I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but my phone just died, I don't want to deal with iOS, and I'm too paranoid for AMOLED screen.
Speaking of which, is AMOLED burn-in a thing in the past, or is it still an issue?

I just got a G4 plus. Seems like great value for the money to me, but I went from a Nexus 5 so it's not like I've compared it to the current high-end phones.

Decent camera. SD card slot, comes with Android M but official OTA updates to Nougat are being rolled out worldwide ATM. I couldn't wait so I flashed the official update to Nougat manually and everything works great.

Would you recommend it? I'm in the market for a new phone and currently have a broken moto g3.

OMG. who use samsumg until now? samsung galaxy are comfirmed bomb. They even try to hide. Samsung is immoral company.

Sure. Check some reviews and stuff too before you decide.

I haven't tried any games on it either, so if graphics performance is important to you you should research that.

That said I'm happy with it. Impressively good for the price.

How's the camera? The only reason to own a plus is the camera. The finger print scanner is a meme

The Redmi Note 4 SD edition has really limited LTE bands (bands 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300)), you won't get LTE pretty much anywhere outside India

The camera is decent. No image stabilisation.

The fingerprint scanner is what I ended up liking the most about it. My old Nexus 5 didn't have one and I never knew what they were like to use. I now have file-based encryption turned on with a long password that's required after every reboot. After that I can just unlock and lock the phone with my finger. Turned it on for Keepass2android too which made accessing my password store less of a hassle.

Finally, I love the placement of the fingerprint reader, having it on the back always seemed strange to me.

Anyone else already got android 7 on their samsung?
Can't seem to be able to play webms on their built-in internet browser anymore.