Why would a gpu need a speaker?

>t. neo/g/

It's a modem you retard.

Proper working sound card

Clearly born after 2000s

rf would probably cause chaos with those long ass wires
you could make a random number generator with that thing

What are the rubber bands for?

It's not like the original SB didn't have huge interference.

>modem
m8 pls neck yourself

Big mess of wires.

PS: I had a pic of a fairly modern CPU that someone hand-soldered each pin to a thin wire and that was then attached to holes on the mobo. can't find it now (it's prolly on my other computer). anyone have it?

magic-1.org/
entirely custom architecture with its own compiler, fully functional MINIX port with multi-user and networking support, tons of software, even hosting its own website

and best of all, built by a guy with a journalism degree [who then went back for a masters in computer science]

Ayyy I made something like that for a class I had last year. It is a fully-functional 64k computer I had to build just using wirewrapping and chips (as well as a heat sink and such). Yes, I know it is messy as fuck, but it works.

That's cool user

Thanks

>millions of transistors
>made by a robot punched in seconds
>robot had to have its own software as well
>blow one tiny capacitor and the entire thing is probably ruined
>connector interface, pci, was and still is slightly used even after 20 years during an era in which desktops would be worth less than garbage in 6 months. same for drivers
>affordable enough for the average consumer due to fantastic technology, industry making it feasible
>just 40 years ago this sort of thing would have cost at least $1,000, was $50 at retail, is now $3
Get fucked hippie this is actually impressive

>blow one tiny capacitor and the entire thing is probably ruined
Nah, ruin sound quality? Yeah, but not the entire thing.

What are you even trying to say? That we have progressed in years? No shit.

Probably not. People have been doing this sorta thing for a long while without issues.

> Anything with a edge connector is clearly a video card

Fucking Sup Forums is worse than Reddit these days.

When you realize how simple everything really is though it becomes a lot less impressive on its own. It's still the most advanced technology we as a species are capable of but the craftsmanship behind homebrew stuff is much more worthy of respect than something ultimately designed through incremental advancement and built by a pre-programmed set of simple rules.

Depends if the capacitor exploded or not. Caps exploding can be seriously powerful. Even the small ones. I have blown up a few in my time and if I had my hand on them when they did, I know I would have easily lost a finger.

This little nigga can do all kinds of modulation, it can handle packets and it can do fucking soft decision viterbi decoding which is ridiculous.
Costs about 4$.

I think it's vice versa, making a "home made" prototype into a mass fabrication

They shouldn't explode. They should vent from the top.

I blew up a 555 ic once almost got a piece in my eye

yup nobody knows the secret truth, hippies jerking off in a basement are better than engineers at billion dollar companies making products affordable enough so that everyone can buy them. Shit just got too mainstream, anyway

Again, depends. If you have 20+ volts going to them, the explosions can be pretty loud. They can pop like fireworks.

Super Cool Duper Capital Hippie Words Brah

>$10
>several hundred billion times faster
>x86
>centrino
>everything

We Gotta Keep It Shit, Computers Got Too Good And Smarter Than Me So We Gotta Fuck Em Up

>moore's law makes this impressive
no, moore's law makes it boring.

This is impressive
youtube.com/watch?v=DgPaCWJL7XI
youtube.com/watch?v=dbQh1I_uvjo

Moore's law is broken nowadays, for half a decade already actually.

Uh... no.

Impressive.

na its still fine, and looks as if it probably will be fine for another decade or so.

I think it probably is asymptotic tho, we are going to see it slow and approach a theoretical limit somewhere

Transistor count does not double anymore every two years in GPUs or CPUs.

What are you talking about?
Fabrication process is not directly related to Moore's law.

Qubit transistors could propel to be much faster if they ever are made practical.

Fuck you feeding my need to buy cool shit.

>searches for wallet

yoooo dude none of this matters if ur so fucked from da weed dat ur still thinkin its 2002 mang

Yoooooooooooooooo

Computaz, got too fuckin smart, brah, so fuck everything new is what I say. Just a second

>NOTICE OF EVICTION
>NOTICE OF EVICTION
>NOTICE OF EVICTION
>NOTICE OF EVICTION

Yooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Supa cool livin in 1993, yooo!!!! I had to break back in to respond, but it's cool yall. OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

sure it is.
its directly realated to the size of features on the substrate. If you can make a gate smaller, you can have smaller transistors, if you have smaller transistors you can fit more on a processor.

The problem is, we are near the limit of how small we can make transistors. Electrons will not pass correctly through them if we get to a certain point. That is why quantum computing is the future.

That's not how it works anymore. You are right, but that's not the goal of chip manufactures anymore.

I'm not sure if you are supposed to be arguing that fabrication process isnt related to moore's law, that we arnt going to be fine with moore's law for a decade or so or if you meant to respond to someone else and clicked on the wrong post.

I'm pretty sure its the goal of shrinking the node size.

Man, "we" need to all, CPUs, we, etc, "new shit". Hippie yo yo yo, man, the man, cpu, technology, the! UNIQUE. Yooooo.

>blow open door to shitload's room
>AYYY SHITLOAD WAT U DOIN
>"lol I think I'm making a cpu, mayun!!!!!!"
>(He is actually losing MASSIVE amounts of blood as he is trying to cut a green cardboard rectangle with a razor and is missing and hitting his fingers)
>Yoooooooooooo!
>YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
>slam door

We, etc, CPUs, old shit was beddur, back in the day. We used to do this thing. Can't remember. Capital Words Type Like This. Yooooo. MUH APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man looks like reality hit a nerve didn't it, the fuck are you even talking about???

bitcoin farm?

did someone break the algorithm on this shillbot or something
wew

>farming shitcoin on a fucking 6502

Its a high quality shitpost.

Yes and spending years making your own shitty cpu to host a nothing website just as a poc certainly isn't a life-shitpost

to bad you're not smart enough to build a clock.

you sound really insecure lmao
did your battlestation fall short of its daily masturbation quota again?

>autistic screeching

>centrino

.................kys?

>centrino

All that hype. All that Israeli shilling.

t. bluemangroup

How long until we can print homemade Circuit boards?

Surely someone is working on this?

Did your brain die or something? None of that was coherent.

Le olde meme

It can be used to control a clock.

or just write a clock program...

You already can if you can afford the tech and have the knowledge of how to do it. Much easier to have one made up though.

can you use conductive paint to paint the circuit on?

You can write a clock in assembly and run it on it. This obviously is a hardware thread, friend. You are out of your element. The stupid questions thread is that way. ->

Yes, theoretically, but you would have to have very, very steady hands that no human alive has as just being a few micrometers off would make it useless.

That 8 bit ISA bus was spec'ed to run at only 4.77 Mhz You could realistically build homemade boards for your PC and have them work.

Are there companies that offer services to manufacture custom PCB designs you send in?

But, surely it couldn't be so difficult to have a 3D printer with lays down each layer of the board and another arm paints the circuits on?

It was a statement, not a question.

Nice attempt at a shitty ad hominem fallacy. Take your broken logic someplace else.

That's a wire wrap board. It's one of the best ways to make prototypes. The connections are very reliable. Pic is a homemade LED display board.

its impressive yes but he probably spent more time making that work then it would have cost him to but one

Yes

But you they typically have a minimum order of like 100

Nice clock

You can make your own PCBs with a laser printer

I highly doubt his intent was to save a few bucks.

not everything is done with the intention of maximizing mindless consumption

>trying too hard to meme

Have you ever heard of a hobby or education?

>Of course not. You are obviously just a braindead Sup Forums NEET.

how would you know this just from that picture

How difficult/much knowledge do I need to design and prototype a PCB for say, a laptop. Using already available chipsets, cpu sockets, etc.

You can hand-solder, but wire-wrapping accomplishes the same thing without the risk of fucking up your soldering, which is easy to do if you have to solder 5000+ wires.

Why isn't this faggot banned already?

i think its pretty cool you have a fully working computer, with modern day interface, that can handle a lot of modern day tasks for literally pocket money.

....if you have to ask this question, you clearly know nothing about it. If you want your "laptop" to run more than pong, you are going to spend a very long time. Several months easily and even then, there is no guarantee it will work given how easily it is to mis-wire something.

shit forgot pic

It's probably non-functional, just random chips and wires soldered together on a board for appearances. You can tell by the fact that a lot of the pins on the chips are left "hovering" and not connected to anything.

This is the project on my desk right now. It's a light gun controlled 4 channel 16 stage drum machine. No microcontrollers; just oldschool electronics.

You can make your own pcbs with a fucking printer and photopaper.

>not getting an arduino

Old video. There's a ton of new features now.

Newer version.

32-bit Homebrew CPU.

hackaday.io/project/18491-worlds-first-32-bit-homebrew-cpu

Fucking cringe. I'm only 19 and even I know that's a sound card of some kind. Go back to Sup Forums.

I've thought about trying to make a phone out of one of these. There are no smartphones (to my knowledge) that have a free and open source baseband, bootloader, and operating system. It would be cool to make one but I wouldn't really know where to start and I'm busy with school.

DirtyPCB is the type of company you're looking for.

> But, surely it couldn't be so difficult to have a 3D printer..

That's the wrong tool for the job. Hobbyists who want to make PCBs without acid etching and drilling every hole by hand get CNC machines.

Nice, it's basically a SDR but with the "software" part onboard. I wonder if the days of traditional digital transceivers are numbered at that cost.

ops pic had great potential.

executed horribly though.

this shows the importance of chipset layout and wiring/trace location.

OSH Park is great. DirtyPCB as in also works, compare both and pick the one best suited.

Sorry user
But Im sure nobody but us knows what the fuck you just said
Also Im sure there are cheaper ones now

1/10. very poor cable management.

It's functional, i even read the developer's page. It's a Sound Blaster 16 card built with off-the-shelf parts

Daily reminder that this post was made by a person that will call you a newfag on every opportunity and probably dedicate half of it's time to bashing non-windows operating systems/

>There are no smartphones (to my knowledge) that have a free and open source baseband, bootloader, and operating system.
rbpi is a non-free board though

Holy shit you have no idea what you're talking about.