Why do you hate Youtube?

We all know you're using it

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md#description
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why do you hate Youtube?
I don't.

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md#description

The people who run YouTube are more in it for getting money rather than producing "good content," as in "good content" meaning it follows YouTube's guidelines. If it doesn't fit YouTube's guidelines, but they're making money off of it, they won't bother fixing it.
I don't really hate the site, I wish it would get itself out of the shithole it dug itself into.

This

There's no reputable alternative, like Facebook. That, and most people are already entrenched in their current services. Even IF a good, free, alternative to YouTube or Facebook popped up, most people don't want to uproot their social circle and attempt to restart it from scratch somewhere else.

As soon as it forced me to connect my gmail with Youtube, I stopped using it.

There's a good reason for that.

Google loses $5-6 Billion dollars a year running YouTube.

You have to admit, it's scale, reliability and speed is a monumental feat.

I dumped TV to get away from ads.

Now Youtube is worse with ads than TV ever was.

Of course, I'm only talking about Youtube applications for various consoles and 'smart' devices.

Which is where I watch the majority of youtube videos.

Then the content started becoming samey bullshit only with different people doing it. Now I just 'watch' music on it.

get a raspberry pi
install pi-hole
problem solved

>We all know you're using it

Except I don't. Kill yourself, shit for brains.

Recently, they've been screwing around with the functionality of comments, and making things worse.

>limiting my entire network to 100 mbps
How about fucking no?

> entire network limited by one device
How the fuck do you have your network setup? Do you use a hub rather than a switch or something?

Watch the recent videos from Game Theory about YouTube. It explains quite well why we see so much clickbait bullocks.

>Google loses $5-6 Billion dollars a year running YouTube.
And they'll eventually abandon YouTube for that, thank fucking God. Google is an extremely anti-ethical company: They pumped billions into YouTube, running on a massive loss for years, only to choke every other video streaming website. It worked, and now all of them have faded into irrelevancy except for YouTube.

But that investment didn't pay off since everyone runs ad-blockers nowadays (a problem which THEY caused by allowing such obnoxious ads in the middle of videos). They're trying to get rid of ad-blockers slowly; if you run an ad-blocker on some of the lesser known browsers you'll see the ads blocked count running up to thousands and the site will start to lag out. Still, the moment they pass a certain line where it becomes impractical for the average user to block ads on YouTube, people will simply migrate to something else. It's good to see things not working out for Jewgle, but I still hold it against them for killing every other video streaming alternative and making me put up with the steaming pile of shit that is YouTube.

You can get Youtube Red to get rid of the ads but it's quite expensive considering most of their content sucks.
They should create an add free option for something like $3 a month.

>they'll eventually abandon Youtube for that

No they fucking won't. If you haven't noticed by now, Google isn't going all for profit and revenue. They simply want marketshare. With marketshare you have information and control which can be used to generate profit later on. That's why they made Android open source, so OEMs start using it as the OS on their phones.

Those few billion google looses with Youtube is not going to make them kill it.
As long as their search engine generates enough profit to keep all their services running, they won't kill one of the most visited sites world wide just because they loose a few pennies.

Not to mention there is no evidence for Youtube generating loss. People just assume Youtube is generating no profit because it would be impossible to keep such a site running with that little advertisments. Nothing has been proven.

I hate how YouTube switched from a relatively light-weight and simple video playing site to a monstrosity that has 2000+ lines of code for a page that has a few dozen related links, a video player and comments. Then again, this is a frequent occurence everywhere over the web, but both Google and FB (apart from news sites) are perhaps most notorious in this behaviour.

Also hate how shamelessly they try to connect all your Google related accound for maximum spying experience, and try to remove all possibility for an anonymous nickname. It's probably because Google has gone from a neat tech company that creates neat technology for the sake of technology into a notorious and evil ad agency where the users are ways to earn cash.

>you can have mods now
>creators can pin comments now
>creators can 'heart' comments now

I mean, yeahy the hearting thing is kind of cringe. But I don't see how they made the comments worse.

I've had Youtube Red for about a year now. None of the originals pique my interest and I spend the cash to save battery and just listen to audio since I work isolated for 50 hours a week.

It's turned into video facebook.

I miss the days of random videos where "youtubers" and sjw's didn't scream down your throat.

Pic related.

>Why do you hate Youtube?
I don't.

YouTube's well past marketshare phase. They have virtually 100% marketshare on the video streaming department by now (excluding live streaming websites such as Twitch, for some reason YouTube just isn't very interested that).

They have been trying to make YouTube turn a profit for a long time now, by introducing ads upon obnoxious ads, and paying a fuckton to content creators in order to make people get hooked on YouTube 24/7. And they're not even close to turning a profit.

They ruined design multiple times, they ruined buffering, they take down/mute too much content and basically Google being assholes.

Shit compression making every video a pixely mess.

It's almost a monopolized video source there's Dailymotion though

I do all three with Xposed for free

So you don't like Billy Mays. Some of us found his work to be absolutely amazing and a great example of modern art.

I hate the retarded recommendations they give me. They are always shit and it was so much better without their shit algorithms.

i get a lot of similarly related things if i'm browsing obscure topics i'm actually interested in. but once you browse a channel or topic it's basically permanently attached to you, and they really force them onto you.

>look at a video of a topic i want to see
>viral garbage related to videos i watched in the past pushed all the way to the top on the right
>only a handful of the related videos are related
>a video related to a video i watched last year jammed in between

/thread

Before it's been a lot better about actually showing me new videos, but nowadays it's basically 98% videos I already saw in recommended, 1% videos from channels I frequently watch but don't add to recommended for whatever reason and 1% actual videos that I wouldn't have found without it.
I've seriously been considering deleting my youtube cache so that it starts from scratch (OK, not delete, more like "I'll pretend I don't have it anymore"), but my country has absolute shit taste at everything, and I fear that youtube will start to show my country's recommendations instead of watched videos+occasional gem that is actually in my interests.
I'm kinda torn.

I hate it because most of it's videos are blocked in my country.

>nowadays in recommended it's basically 98% videos I already saw, 1% videos from channels I frequently watch but don't add to subscriptions for whatever reason

Germany?

This so much.

but of course. which country is more of a censor hell. I bet even iran or china don't block the videos.