Alright boys I got the job. Give me examples of employee discounts

Alright boys I got the job. Give me examples of employee discounts

As an employee, I was able to pick up a gold plated hdmi cable that was originally priced at $80 for the paltry sum of $25. Best Buy really appreciates their employees.

Anywhere I can check what the employee prices are?

Could of bought the same hdmi specs, for 2.50 on ebay

Best buy ex geek squad associate here

I bought $1,200 worth of cables, batteries, and other nick nacks for $96.

store brand stuff except Inland is greatly discounted.

if they still have the 20 pack of AA batteries its like $2.50

Also, you need to wait like 30 days before you can use your discount.
Never use anyone elses credit card other than your own to buy anything
dont buy outside your paygrade, they keep track of that shit. if you buy like 3 TVs in one week, you will get flagged and be investigated.

why the fuck would you buy that thing when you can get the insignia version for $1.03

Intel Retail Edge deal.

If you don't want it, I'll take it

No, but an easy to remember rule of thumb is to take Amazons lowest price and multiply it by 10.

Oh yeah, that shit is great. I continued to go to those years after quiting best buy until they caught on. I even wont a $900 PC at one of their events.
Normal Intel events get you some neat swag, and usually a free movie a few times per year.
I think they also have a program that you can collect points and get nice discounts on Intel products.

how are you even on Sup Forums?

Go to the POS, I think its F3 or F4 for emp price check, and if it still works, enter 0 for employee ID. Or find someones ID, and use theirs.

Also retail edge now. The summer/winter deal is for the processor at huge discount.

Shouldnt Best Buy have some sort of database you can search the SKUs for to see employee prices?

Most electronic retail chains have one.

When my older brother worked there, he always got more than 50% off of headphones and cables. Apparently he could only get a few dollars off of big items like game consoles and cameras though.

also, any discount over 20% is considered taxable income by the feds, so if you go crazy buying stuff that's deeply discounted, it comes out of your paycheck big time.

You have to link your .com account to your employee login if you want to check it outside of work.

What? I never heard of this.

A friend of mine comes from a rich family and he spent over $50,000 dollars at BBY using his discount over the course of 2 years. Never heard anything about taxes.

its 1 not 0

He's mocking Best Buy you goobers. He didn't actually pay that.

right, its been a while.

HEY FAGGOTS WHATS GOING ON IN HERE?

GUESS WHAT? THIS IS NOW A FRYS THREAD WHERE YOUR BEST BUYS ARE always AT FRYS

Nice try fagget

Sony MDR-Z7 $700

With employee accommodation I got them for $210.

Asset Protection here. Literally pay to stand there and sometimes intimidate people for $14/hr

I've applied several times but never got the job and instead it goes to the worst dressed and worst mannered interviewer out there.

How the fuck does one get hired?

You probably got fucked by the questions. They intentionally ask the same question multiple times but in a different manner. If you answer them then that's a big red flag. Also sometiems they throw in: "I never tell lies" question and you hit "STRONGLY AGREE" thats another flag

I work at Staples and the cable prices are just as ridiculous. A fucking VGA cable that costs us $4 we charge $38 for. It's literally a racket.

You seem to be under the impression that they want smart/qualified employees that are technology oriented or competent. Instead, they want salespeople and con-men. Think used car salesman. Your answer for any question should be "upsell upsell upsell". If a person comes in asking how much it would cost to replace a screen, your first answer should be to show them the new products.

90 percent most cables