Do you have any hyper competitive students in your class?

I'm in top ranked school. Students here are hyper competitive. Our professor released an assignment last night and students are posting on piazza that they submitted it already but have not received a grade yet and wondering when they will receive a grade, that they been waiting for 2 hours. They post non-user so everyone can see them. I see this more as "attention whoring" than an actual concern. These projects take 10+ hours to complete on average, so these kids must have spent all day working on it and are non-trivial.

I am very competitive, but I don't brag about it or act like a spaz. Near perfect GPA so far, 3rd year

I made aced my last programming course and finished first on each assignment. I never bragged.

Now I'm in the next sequence and getting 1-2 students posting they finished and are impatient because they submitted it 2 hours ago and autograder isn't up. It's not due for a fucking week and there are 400 students in the class. He didn't post user so everyone could see his name.

I wonder if this kind of attitude translates to real-life success and in what industries.

I see a lot if Americans in general act this way. Very obnoxious and don't associate with dick milking mentality. Immature adult-children who are out of touch with reality and wouldn't survive outside their bubbles. Anyone who dares to be different or separate is shunned and ridiculed.

Fuck off nerd.

Ok compedative is this when your sitting fial year exams 4 yeats early and soing your own independant reasearch, and you finish the exam fo back through it and find errors in questions to get bonus marks so you can score above 100

I am 75% done with the project but this class isn't my only course. I almost want to reply

"Since the assignment isn't due tomorrow, have patience." but not worth it.

I hate people like that. These assignments take 10+ hours on average and it's not like he finished in 3 hours and now needs "more". 400 other people in class and class shouldn't be sped up due to one guy with ego problems. I'll probably be done with it tomorrow night and certainly not posting anything to the class about it. lol

idk if its competitive but many students in stem classes seem to be try hards. they are always trying to come off a little bit autistic on purpose and think most can't tell their bullshit. like dude chill out you fucking wannabe sperg. we're all in it for the money. you're not fooling anyone.

btw this attitude almost always comes from white students and rarely from minorities. i guess white people get off on the idea of being tesla 2.0. bunch of fags if you ask me.

Does it hinder your ability to complete your assignment? Or are you just intimidated?

First few years of college are filled with special snowflake honors kids fresh from high schools who think they are the shit. They have to get their teachers' attention like it's grade 6 and they often ask the most retarded questions who they already know the answer to, as do most of the class thus wasting everyone's time.

These people tend to fade off when you get into the later and more serious classes. Occasionally you get a few autists who have to get A+ on all classes. My suggestion is to take them as an inspiration or just ignore them.

ok you sound like you're 18. stop letting 18 year old business get to you

not technology

They tapered off by my second semester years ago. I think they got discouraged when these 2 autists were getting the highest grades in every class while putting in 0 effort.

Neither. I am probably one of the top students myself. I am just annoyed cause it's apparent this kid posted 3-4 times already (each time saying they were on the last part and had a question here or there under user) and then a final post (not user) saying he was finished and autograder wasn't up and when will it be up.

When you get email spammed (which I can turn off) it annoys me. Esp. from one fag who wants attention for being "smart" for being the first to finish.

>they submitted it already but have not received a grade yet and wondering when they will receive a grade, that they been waiting for 2 hours.

Are they under the impression that everything is automatically graded the second it's uploaded? Fuck's sake, either your professor or a grad student has to sit down and start grading, and many won't bother starting with it until the assignment deadline has passed.

Yeah, that's how real life works.

Top ranked people are top ranked for a reason. They are voracious, ill-mannered sharks.

Play the game or be played OP.

I used Piazza in my 1st year programming classes, and it was mostly just kids that were totally lost on what to do, or didn't understand the programming language in general.

Basically me and maybe 2 or 3 other kids answered most of the questions. We usually used our real names, but I don't think anyone ever bragged. I'm sure there were a few other students that were smarter than me, but they just never bothered to use the site.

>tfw done with college and don't have to deal with people like that any more

makes you wonder why a top ranked person would ever go into CS

>Play the game or be played
CS homework isn't really a game. You produce a program to specifications, you turn it in before the deadline, you receive a grade based on how well your program conforms to the specifications. The other students turning in their assignments as early as possible does not affect your grade in the slightest, and you do not lose anything for not participating in academic e-peen stroking.

That's more like a monkey than a shark.