Compact Smartphones

Hey Sup Forumsuys I am looking for a compact smart phone but the only one I can find is the Z5 compact? Does anyone know of any good compact spart phones?

No such thing exists in 2017

Check out the current generation of the moto g, I think it can be considered a compact smartphone.

The original iPhone should do you just fine

Not much of an Apple fan, but the iPhone SE would be great.

A3 series by Samsung, Sony Xperia compact line and iPhone SE. These are all relatively the same size. Tough luck, if you're looking for smaller devices.

The Samsung Galaxy W possibly?

The xperia compact series is solid in my experience. Good phones with insanely good battery life and charging times. Cameras are decent and are just generally reliable.

Xiaomi Mi S if it comes out soon.

iPhone SE is the only one worth it. If you're even too poor for that, try refurbished 5s, will still be faster than other alternatives. If you hate Applel too much for that, better get a phablet.

I had the Z3 compact, and it was damn nice. I'd imagine the Z5 compact is just as good, if not better.

I miss smaller phones. But the s7 actually isn't that big so I can't complain too much.

>tfw nothing will ever beat the droid incredible

Of compact smartphones, I've owned an iPhone 5, an iPhone SE, and both the XPERIA Z3 Compact and Z5 Compact. Of these, the Sony phones are a clear standout in factors such as build quality, processing power, and camera quality. If money isn't an issue, get an XPERIA compact phone. If it is, it becomes a toss-up between an SE and a Z5C.

What the fuck. I owned Z3C and it basically forced me to buy my first iOS device, aka iPhone SE.

Shitty plastic covers and headphone jack died and the software was a buggy, crashing and sometimes laggy mess, and Sony updates only made it worse. Battery life was very inconsistent too, sometimes it lasted 1.5 days, sometimes barely few hours, all with the same workload. Maybe Z5C is better but I'd definitely not recommend Z3C.

OP here thanks alot guys I am going to go with the Z5 compact :)

Wait for the mi s

My Z3 is a bit over 2 years old now. Wifi, bluetooth and the micro usb port are fucked. Looking for a replacement soon, preferably with any connector other than micro usb.

Good luck finding one that isn't an iPhone. Micro USB is the standard now.

Sony Xperia X Compact looks like it has some type of usb 3 port. I just want something more durable than micro usb. It's been the main point of failure in my last two phones.

Xperia X Compact exists top.

Aquos Mini line is good, except software support.
The Xx3 Mini is coming up.

>X Compact
A disgrace to the Compact line.

> It's been the main point of failure in my last two phones
Try not swinging the phone on the charger like nunchucks or whatever you do to fuck the shit up.

Only issue I've had with my z3c is that the adhesive holding the front glass lost it's grip.
The few phone shops I took it to refused to service it for me, apparently it has to be sent to sony to be officially fixed, for $200.

I just glued it down, so it's as good as new, although probably no longer waterproof. Otherwise a perfect phone though.

I've had a z1s, z2, and z3 from sony. I loved using them all up until I either broke them or they got a massive software update that basically broke them.

I don't know how sony does it but every update they rolled out made the phones less stable and removed useful features like the mini version of youtube.

I've been using an OG iPhone 5 my sister gave me for about a year and a half and it's pretty great. At first I hated everything about the os, but after getting used to it I realized it's an amazing OS for small screens.
I only use it for web browsing on break at work, though, so the hardware still keeps up fine.

I have to admit I hate iOS10 though. It made everything uglier and less functional while only offering shitty meme features for 12 year olds. Surprisingly they've been fixing the buggier stuff, albeit at a slow pace.

I'll keep this phone until i either kill it or I decide i need more power.

>and are just generally reliable

Yeah, until it starts melting in your hand when it overheats. The xperia line is a piece of cheap trash plagued with issues and has always been. I have a Z3 and the trying overheats like mad, they had to retract on its waterproofness, the flaps covering ports break in a matter of a few months invariably, etc. The Z5 lineup is even worse.

>A disgrace to the Compact line
How?

Shilling this hard...

SE is excellent, I switched to it this fall after 5 years of Nexus, never looking back. Bit of a shock initially when you have to re-learn how to use a smart phone, but I recently started using my old Nexus as a TV remote and it's staggering how much shittier Android is in retrospect

Z3C owner here, can confirm. Although the overheating isn't THAT bad, it's not like it gets too hot to hold.

Phones getting hot scares the fuck out of me.

>ctrl+f zuk
>0 results
I guess the shilling is over

5 rupees have been deposited into your account

I have a Z1 compact , still going strong

Aquos Xx2 mini.

it's one of that bad chinese smartphone like Dogeee or something shittier with a Sony logo on it

Quality seems to be a problem at Sony, I had the z3 compact and regular z5. Audio jack and those flaps protecting the sim broke on the z3c but overall experience was great otherwise. Snappy and battery was amazing. Z5 is also smooth experience but on that one the camera button broke rather fast... Battery life on that phone was a piece of shit. I'd be lucky to last a half day with it.

dat chin tho

they need to make sony great again, starting with a new Xperia Play

It's worse. Avoid

I like my Z5c. It gets hot under heavy Load but it's not unbearable. I also got one of those Chinese magnetic microusb connectors to save my port. Battery life is pretty good too (3 days of average use). Sony's software isn't stellar but isn't bad,just so-so. Overall a good phone. Posting from it right now.

They have shit quality control. The Z3 also has a problem of the glass breaking on its own because the phone heats up on the top portion where the motherboard is. It happened to me. Battery life seems to be all over the place as well for different people.

Sony is just shit in general. It's the same deal with the PS4. Mine sounds like a fucking jet trying to take off, yet my friend's is whisper quiet. You'll find an extreme case of inconsistency online as well as people going through multiple units until they find one that behaves appropriately.

I've had my z3c for over 3 years now.
The only problem I have had with it is that the rubber on the usb cover loosens and prevents you from completely sealing it.
Had to replace it twice, luckily the cover is cheap.

Other than that, buy a tpu case and tempered glass and you won't have any screen or back glass breaking.

>hey Sup Forums im too lazy to search google shopping results can you please do it for me?

Fuck you!

What would you recommend then?

Has anybody used the One Plus X?
I'm wondering if it'd be a good replacement for my z3c when it dies.

Howhigh are you? The screen even went from 5 to 5'5!

S7 is great, even if it is not so small, unless you like Apple over Android, then, you should get an iPhone.

you'll probably only get 3g signals if you're in the usa

otherwise it's an ok phone for the price.