Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

Why is it so hard for you stupid niggers to cuntpaste an OP when making a new thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_tuning#Window_size
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thicc or Thicc?

moo

Absolutely disgusted.

Any specific reason?

For part of a C++ project, I need to wrap the WIN32 Console API in a thin wrapper. Does anyone have any idea what that fucking means? I have a basic understanding of what a wrapper is but I have no idea how to go about creating one for the win32 console API

Flat is justice, but we leave in an unjust world user.

Perfomance wise, are these equivalent:
A:
[sequence[3] + a for a in range(5)]
B:
b = sequence[3]
[b + a for a in range(5)]

In other words, do generators cache variables, or will Python slice `sequence` every time?

Randomly today my S6 Edge+ is acting weird. When I try to use YouTube, for example, it'll say that i'm offline. Trying to use Messenger will cause the app to tweak out and it takes forever to load.
How solve?

How do you store your replaced electronic boards? i.e. you replace your motherboard, video card, pci card, etc - how do you preserve it after it's outside of it's natural environment?

>those zippers
WE KINGDOM OF HEARTS NOW

enjoy ur sweaty back problems lol

Thin wrapper basically means that you take the functions from win32 api and then create your own versions of them. These versions have no logic behind them, they just pass everything to the API underneath.

Some pseudocode of what it would look like:
func display_text(String text) {
win32api.display_text(text);
}
The idea here is that you can replace the win32api calls with f.ex. linux equivalents without having to rewrite your whole program.

>open mobo box
>take the new motherboard out of it's protective antistatic bag
>put the old one into that bag
>close the bag with some tape and put it in your closet
You can also buy antistatic bags from amazon or whatever.

>sweat isn't hot

You jelly, Sup Forums?

>time remaining: 39 minutes
Not particularly, no.

Should i get 1080p Oled or a cheaper 4k? I like how Oled looks but don't really know if it's worth it.

Which is the luckiest number of them all?

aww so close

Dat peak tho. Still no jelly?

A little bit

iptables alternative for windows?

Is there a way to bypass google's FRP since I don't remember my last email nor have it rooted/in debug mode so I can't even fucking format the fucking fucking phone. Is there some kind of a way to low level format it or something which doesn't require the aforementioned things? I flashed it with odin but there was absolutely no difference

>tfw you will never have a 3 billion GBps internet connection

Hey guys quick question.

I got an graphics card that won't work for my computer(there is no video) But does that mean it's broke or it just won't work for my computer? My computer is pretty old and the Card pretty new.

When I tried to run it I did hear sound coming from the fans. Would there still be something wrong?

It isn't when it's boob sweat.

It's just cold and gross.

From last thread.
How would you answer the following question about latency and bandwidth?
Distance was the factor with latency, but I couldn't find a way of reasoning as to how bandwidth could be bottlenecked/reduced.

"An analyst at a company in London wants to examine the company's trading record over th elast year to see if they could have made even more money with a different strategy. For reasons, all their client records are held in a data centre at the head offices in the Cayman Islands. The company does a lot of trading, and there are terabytes of data. But the analysis will owrk by looking at some tens of million of randomly chosen trades. Unfortunately those trades will depend on the ones that have been looked at previously and can't be picked or predicted in advance. The analyst has various possible strategies for her computation. Her boss wants the results tomorrow morning. The analyst's options are:
-Download the data from the Cayman islands to London to form a local dataset
-Carry out the computation on the big compute servers in London and download ony those trades needed from the Cayman islands as and when they are needed
-So all the computation remotely in the Cayman islands
Analyse these in terms of bandwidth and latency of the data link to the cayman island which you can take to be relatively high latency and low bandwidth

I recently upgraded my CPU along with Mobo and RAM .
>i5-6600
>Gigabyte z170-hd3p
>Crucial CT8G4DFD8213 ddr4 8GB 2133Mhrtz
pcpartpicker said no problems.
power calculator said 430 peak wattage and i have 650 Watt PSU from corsair
Amperage is also way over the necessary requirements.

But, a small time after booting up Win10, it gives me BSOD. Installing stuff doesn't work most of the time in normal mode.
I thought it was a broken mobo until i did memtest today in safe mode.
Ran five instances for a few hours and found hundreds of errors, always the same one:
>Memory error detected! Copying between "hexadecimal1" and "hexadecimal2" did not result in accurate copy.
>MemTest has detected that your computer cannot accurately store data in RAM. You need to fix this.

after i tried clicking them away, they just kept piling up until system crashed again.
In the handbook of the Mobo there is no instructon for installing a single dimm, so i think the problem lies within a broken RAM module, which also is not on the Preferred Vendor List.
Only the CT8G4DFD8213.C16FAR1 is on the list and i think they are different.

My question:
Is there a way i can surely tell it is not the Mobos or the SSDs fault ?
I don't want to spend a hundred euros on replacement RAM, just to end up with the system not working anyway.

CTRL+SHIFT+T reopens closed tabs on both chrome and firefox.
I've been using chrome and am now gonna use Firefox (because Chromium sux on Linux).
But I noticed that undo closed tab doesn't reopen the last session. In chrome/chromium if I had closed the entire session in one go and I hit ctrl+shift+T when I restart I get a window with all the tabs I closed. On firefox it does nothing.

Have anyone dealt with this?
>Unfortunately those trades will depend on the ones that have been looked at previously and can't be picked or predicted in advance.
Basically the latency implies there's a bandwidth bottleneck. You process the data faster than you can request and recieve. Same thing happens often in software on your computer. Reading main memory (or worse yet, a harddrive) is slow so your computer sits around waiting for the data. If the latency was less the throughput would be higher.

My OpenBSD install isn't working with my AMD graphics card. Why? And how do I fix this?

When booting into it, the runthrough of text comes through, but then the screen goes black after a certain point.

I have another Nvidia graphics card that I can use with it, but my computer refuses to boot with two cards in at the same time for some reason, and I really don't want to have to switch out cards each time I want to boot into it.

Does your GPU have these? It'll need them connected in order for the GPU to turn on.

Does it fit the mobo's slot exactly? If not, you're shit outta luck.

It fits perfectly but it only has 1 8pin slot.

No not unless you have spare replacement ram laying around.
Computer hardware is so sensitive now that you can't really do a visual inspection to find errors and there's no way the comptuer could tell if the bus is broken or the memory itself.

Assuming the old motherboard is still around and they have compatible memory types you could try the new ram in the old motherboard.

But you wouldn't really be spending money on the new ram right? This was DOA clearly. Contact the seller?

i formatted the drive multiple times
and successfully installed Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon twice.
The installer fucked around a few times and told me he didn't find a package on the CD.
Tried to install from different Flash Drives and a CD and using different download platforms for the Iso.
Linux froze within 5-10 minutes of booting up everytime.

I'm a poorfag and looking for a new graphics card. I'd like to upgrade from my 660. What's the best bang for my buck? I probably can't spend more than 150 (shipping fees included).

sorry, mistyped.

no, i had a DDr3 board before, so that do
esn't work. Sold my stuff to finance the new ones.
The seller is a fucking pain in the ass, they don't have to give me a refund anymore because i am over the required timeframe and i can't prove shit.
Gonna buy from Amazon this time

Your PSU must be out of date too if it doesn't have a 6 pin hanging around somewhere.

theoretically, you can buy really cheap stolen shit on the darkweb.

Is there any known legit WIndows 7 Activators?

Can anyone recommend me a budget microphone that I can have sitting at my desk (1 meter distance) for Skype calls and Teamspeak?

I used to have a clip-on microphone on my headphones.
Now I often listen over speakers and clip-ons are no longer an option.

I own a BM800 but I only use it for recording, it's too bulky just for Skype calls.

Thanks

I realize for someone who didn't see the connection already this explanation might not be as good as I thought.

If you have 0 latency you can:
RequestData->ProcessData->RequestData without the throughput being affected at all because the data is there the moment you want it.
If you have say 100ms latency you can:
RequestData->wait 100ms doing nothing because you have no data to process yet->start processing data->When you've figured out you need more data you request it->process data while it's in transit
If your data arrives before you're done computing everything is dandy. If it isn't you're gonna have to wait some portion of those 100ms.

And assuming our application is a really dumb single threaded application which doesn't even ask the OS to buffer some information for it it might take the entire 100ms penalty by requesting data only when it's done processing.

But all of this is presuming we're doing a general analisys of this. It would be very relevant to your task if you had just learned some meme method for analysing bottlenecks in networks. If this is just a general question. Well I'm terrible at writing reports so I can't help you beyond this.

It's worht considering that maybe they're looking for you to mention:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_tuning#Window_size
The latency may affect the growth of the TCP window.
But this is a tuning problem. You can avoid it.

If you don't have something that fits all those pins you're shit out of luck.

Oh I mean the GPU has only 1 8 pin. The PSU has only 2 6pins but I got a 6 to 8 pin converter.

I did order a new PSU however and it should come in. Would the motherboard have anything to do with the graphics card not working?

I can sell you my MSI rx470 4gb for 120$ if I can't get the damn thing to work in my toaster computer.

Gonna go find my black hoodie and some tape to cover my webcam, thanks.

In the trash bin at an electronics store.

Whatever works I donate to my elementary school. Whatever is busted, I throw out in an environmentally conscious manner.

I'd be a hardass with them about the RMA. Companies like that usually try to blow you off on the first go around. You'd be amazed what you can get if you don't take no for an answer. Also don't just go with the seller, check what the warentee is for the ram.

What MOBO do you have?

Post your computer specs, it'll make things easier for everyone at this rate. Unless you're unable to get them because of your situation.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

The BM800 is the meme microphone to get. Ask for reviews. It's apparently very good.
Don't forget the guy fawkes mask.

You can buy adapters, search "molex to 8 pin"

It will use two molex connectors and turn that into an 8 pin GPU connector. I had the same shit on my old card.

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model 0Y2MRG (CPU 1)
Version A00
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Sandy Bridge
Chipset Revision 09
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model H67
Southbridge Revision B3
System Temperature 31 °C
BIOS
Brand Dell Inc.
Version A03
Date 2/15/2011
Voltage
CPU CORE 1.080 V
MEMORY CONTROLLER 1.524 V
+3.3V 2.760 V
+5V 2.802 V
+12V 11.040 V
-12V -8.880 V
-5V -8.880 V
+5V HIGH THRESHOLD 2.742 V
CMOS BATTERY 1.632 V
PCI Data
Slot PCI-E
Slot Type PCI-E
Slot Usage In Use
Data lanes x16
Slot Designation PCIE1
Characteristics
3.3V, Shared, PME
Slot Number 0
Slot PCI-E
Slot Type PCI-E
Slot Usage Available
Data lanes x1
Slot Designation PCIE2
Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME
Slot Number 1
Slot PCI-E
Slot Type PCI-E
Slot Usage Available
Data lanes x1
Slot Designation PCIE3
Slot Number 2
Slot PCI-E
Slot Type PCI-E
Slot Usage Available
Data lanes x1
Slot Designation PCIE4
Slot Number 3

All of a sudden all of my projects in my Eclipse workspace have stopped working.
If I try running them I get the error Error: Could not find or load main class Application
If I switch to another workspace though I can run programs.
I've searched but there are lots of solutions that seem to work to resolve this error message, and none of the ones I've tried work for me.

Any solution short of manually copying all my projects into the new workspace?

I remember some hub-ub on Sup Forums a while ago about how you should abandon signal, what should I use instead? also is their a encrypted texting app that doesn't require wifi or mobile data, I'm fine with it needing it for the key exchange but after that I'd rather it just use gsm

>Error: Could not find or load main class Application
Assuming this is java you still have a file named 'Whatever' containing a class named 'Whatever' with a public static void main() function in it right?

I guess?

>right click anything that isn't a folder in XFCE

(xfdesktop:8104): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'gio.terminal' is not installed

Wat do Sup Forums?

Dunno how to help you then.
That's the error you're getting. It can't find a class containing a main function. So it can't run the program because it doesn't know where to start.

I bought I new notebook with preinstaled system (win10).

How can I check for how long given machine was running.
And how many times SSD was read/written or how many hours it was used as well if possible?

The weird thing is that if I create a new workspace I can run the programs.
The problem is that, since I can't have both workspaces open at once, it's hard to tell how (if at all) the settings of one differ from the other

I'm guessing your PSU is a standard stock one? It might not be raking up enough juice for the GPU.

Phoneposter here

Why can't I post a new thread all of a sudden when I can reply just fine? It makes no fucking sense

Pic related

what country you from

from time to time my pc doesnt turn on or shut down and dont want to power on.
I have to take out the rams and put them in again, and the PC starts working again.

Is it a RAM problem? Is it a Motherboard problem?
If I buy 2x4gb extra and place them in slot 1-3 and my actual rams I place them in 2-4, could it still failing to power on?

I'm trying to set up remote desktop on a linux machine. Should I go with NX, FreeNX or X2Go?

USA

what is real and what is fake?

I'm browsing ebay for a cheapo small laptop to fuck around with, but I just don't know anything about laptop specs. What should the minimum be for a secondhand laptop? The most intensive thing I want it to handle is 1080p video and MAME emulators.

Why is nu-fox even more unstable ever since the latest """update"""? And how do i get rid of the stupid fucking mini page zoom display at the adress bar

My PC reboots every time a little after I start a 3D intensive application. For example, I can run Dolphin emu in the lowest resolution for a long time without issues, but if I try to up the resolution to max then it will only run for about a minute before shutting down and rebooting. Same thing with Overwatch, it will run but as soon as the models start to load, it shuts down. I used Cinebench and while the CPU test goes fine, the GPU test makes the computer shut down. I've been searching around and it seems this is a PSU issue. I kinda can see it being the case since I'm using a generic Raidmax 500W that came with the case. How can I test for sure if it's the PSU and should I leave the PC off until I change it? I don't wanna see it explode or anything

Are you on a proxy? That's most likely the reason. You could hit the "More Info" too.

You're the main characters and everyone else is a soulless NPC.

Why can't I download more RAM? I've tried every site I could find but none of them seem to work ;-;

Get a T420 or something around ~150 bucks.

Probably a PSU issue yeah, make a list of all the parts in your pc and how much power it pulls, or use some websites that calculates your watts.

>1080p video
Most laptops with a 1080p screen have the specs to support it.
>MAME
Anything with a dedicated videocard (intel graphics is a no-go).

Assuming you filter ancient alien technology
>user is multiple people
No. He's just the one. I'm several strangers, a fair few chinese orphans and one of his friends.

You need to download more RAM desu, it should fix your problems

When the operating system is multitasking, can two threads from two differerent programs run concurrently or does it work by having all cores running threads of a single process?

Just in case you're not joking, you actually sort of can download more RAM. Look up RAM disks.

How do I get thumbnails in my Firefox file picker in Linux? I see this subject get shitposted about a lot but nobody ever really gives a real answer.

A T420 is 14" though, wouldn't that be a bit bulky and heavy to lug around? I'm honestly not sure, I've never seen one in person.

>Anything with a dedicated videocard (intel graphics is a no-go).
Really? I thought the newer intel graphics,l like 4000 and up, were pretty capable for 2d stuff. Maybe MAME is just more demanding than I thought.

It's a 500w cooler master. But it is a little older.

That's odd. It's more than enough for a 480.

Damn then I'm out of options. Maybe the card is broken somehow.

How much of a bitrate increase should there be for a 1080p video compared to a 720p video for it to look comparable in quality or better? Is 1,5~ times the filesize enough?

What's a good laptop for web-broswing/office shit under 600$?

Concept:
Dynamically sized encrypted file / container.

Is it possible?
Veracrypt allows to implement such container with fixed size.
Is there a way to achieve it otherwise?

Usage:
Putting such container into cloud storage to improve privacy.
Password for it is randomly generated and stored inside KeePass.

what are you using? x264?

Solution:
Don't do things that should be hidden in the first place.

what's the easiest way of installing GNU Octave command line only?

I'm just gonna do some simple matrix calculations, I don't need Java, QT and all the other botnet packages apt-get install octave tries to install

Would the power draw from a single 6-8 pin converter be too much for the PSU? I mean since the card only takes 1 Eight pin connector the other user posted a cable that required to 6 pins and converted it to 1 Eight pin.

is android google services down for anyone else
i can't connect to youtube or google play store on my phone, but the web browser works fine

nevermind it's back up again

That could be the case, but that'd mean your PSU is shitty. It could be your MOBO, but I'm not there to see whats going on.

>Corsair

Hmm

I installed linux to dualboot with windows 10, and now I can't launch windows 10 from grub thing, I don't know what do

You know when you cross country borders these days, LawEnf can and will confiscate your electronics and backdoor it while you wait.
BTW reading this board will get you on "The List" so maybe reconsider encrypting your shit.

Yes. Though I was thinking of downloading files instead of encoding them myself, I just figured the same shit would apply.

What is the best program to make a bootable DVD?

How does site like 123movies or Putlocker work?

How can they afford to host the files on their servers and stream them around the world

What is this wizardy

I upload a film to torrent site I get DMCA notice and 10,000+ fine

wtf is this hsit

I've done that! I'm not even using a dedicated card, it's the IGPU, my computer is pretty barebones and barely pulls 156W.
I was planning on buying a better PSU when I got a real GPU, I find it really hard to believe that it's 500W but it's not even enough to power up a

fucking poweramp is ordering tracks within albums by alphabetic order instead of track number, how the fuck do I fix this
all muh Pink Floyd albums are messed up

Putlocker just hosts links to the servers who are usually overseas in designated shitting countries or servers with a IPS that doesn't give a shit.

It's quite literally the piratebay of streaming. And it is the most beautiful and grand thing ever.