Mfw wasn't old enough in the 90s to buy up a load of popular domain names and sell them off at a later date

>mfw wasn't old enough in the 90s to buy up a load of popular domain names and sell them off at a later date

>I didn't buy into AMD at 2.4
Missed Tech opportunities thread?

>tfw missed the bitcoin train

wasn't there a law that if you had a website that shared a name with a trademark and you where not related or not using it (like having a this site is for sale) they could just take it away from you with little compensation?

this. so much.
In my homecountry, domains can be claimed and seized by the state if someone else has better use for them.

>tfw missed the dotcom bubble
>tfw missed the bitcoin train
>tfw missed the internet goldmine
>tfw missed the big short
>tfw missed the mining bubble
>tfw missed the oil bubble
>tfw missed the gold bubble
>tfw missed the potash bubble
>tfw missed buying AAPL at $1
>tfw missed the brexit
>tfw missed Freescale buyout

Yes, and it works in a weird way.
You can't ask for money, because then it's game over (they can sue you and take the domain from you), but you can receive offers and decide whether accept them or not.

I feel you bro.

One guy bought every two-letter combination he could get his hands on, and sold fb.com to Facebook for vast sums when they wanted to be able to abbreviate their website's name. He presumably still has all the others, but if you can think of a trick like that, you might still be able to turn a profit. Common Chinese words might be a good one, or 1337speak versions of popular websites (f4c3b00k.com) which you can then sell to criminals and scammers.

You'll make one of them maybe lol

>not buying up unicode domains now

Your animu posts are so glossy it makes my dick diamonds.

this was the the one in a life time chances of getting rich

>implying its too late

>implying the bitcoins won't be worth €100k a pop.

>parents had opportunities to buy property in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY for a few hundred dollars
>they didn't
>father has friends who are millionaires now while we're stuck in a shitty rent-controlled apartment

Libtards think poor people are poor because the rich oppress them. The reality is poor people are poor because they make shit decisions that cause them and their children to remain poor.

People tried that, it was called the dotcom bubble.

i was underage when bitcoin became a thing on Sup Forums, must have been around 2011. i asked my mum to buy me one but she didn't. sometimes i remind her of how much she fucked up.

>tfw missed the cotton gin bubble

subtle typos are better

"one" isn't a big deal, yes percentage wise you'd have made a huge profit but you're only missing out on like $1000 from a 4 year period of nothing

it's the people that risked a couple hundred bucks and then lost their fucking wallets that are being driven crazy by bitcoin's success

>tfw didn't buy any stock in snapchat

If it's not aesthetic, I don't post it

i could have bought the M4 Howl when it was 30 bucks, i didnt instead i bought a few shitty games

Youthink you got it bad? Iknow Satoshi Nakamoto.

I'mthe one who suggested removing the resolution problem of HashCash by using an integer compare instead of 0-bit prefixes like Back's original version.

Theywill very probably never reveal their true identity - Icertainly will not - because the reason they did the work under a nym is the exact same reason you, andI, areall posting Anonymous: the message is important, the messenger isn't.They are working on something else now, and have had quite enough of hearing nonsense about "blockchains", aword I don't think they ever used themselves.

Itwas mentioned to me by them in 2008, Ivaguely knew about it but Ithought it was in the same territory as eGold, London Gold Exchange and the other "virtual currency" crap that was going around the anonymous networks at the time.

Ididn't actually know it was decentralised, or that it would ever be worth anything, popular or anything more than just momentarily interesting.

HadI known, Icould have mined a few hundred to thousand of the first few blocks.

I didn't even give the project a second thought.

Fuck.

>tfw I had to make a presentation about investments for some school work
>chose AMD, showed how their stock value was low and how they had very promising products for the future, how they dominated the console market, mantle etc
>mfw I didn't believe myself

It was at ~1.6 dollars at the time. Oh, the regret.

I actually threw away mined bitcoins before the first surge in price. I don't want to think how much money that was.

>friend and I talking about Bitcoin in '11
>pennies per coin
>could have sold in early '14 and paid for college without having to take any federal debt

But how would you know that before it happen?