Javascript is non-free software, most javascripts are also malware because they snoop on the user...

javascript is non-free software, most javascripts are also malware because they snoop on the user. javascript is also a botnet.

why don't you turn it off? if everyone did it, we would kill it just like steve jobs killed flash

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.en.html
creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/no/deed.en)],
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Richard_Stallman_by_Anders_Brenna_04.jpg
creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP here, forgot link. Please read this before you post a stupid comment

gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.en.html

Disable JavaScript
Enable ECMAScript

>i own every detail about what I do and which websites I use
You literally dont. Please be honest: what do you have to hide?

>javascript is non-free software
Calm down, everyone, this poster is incorrect. Most javascript libraries are in fact free software, for example jquery. The problem with javascript is that the final product, as in the javascript sent to the website's visitor, is sent without license in most cases.
Under modern copyright law, as soon as a javascript program is written it is covered by copyright. This means that your freedoms are restricted absent the rightsholder giving you those freedoms in the form of a copyright license.
This doesn't mean that javascript itself is nonfree, or that all javascript programs are nonfree programs. If a program is given a proper license declaration, it doesn't matter in what language it is written.

=====

Photo by Anders Brenna [CC BY 3.0 no (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/no/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Richard_Stallman_by_Anders_Brenna_04.jpg
This post is copyright nonfree.pizza and available under the terms of the CreativeCommons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license
creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0
By replying to this post you agree to license your contribution under the same CC BY-SA 4.0 license or compatible terms.

> By replying to this post you agree to license your contribution under the same CC BY-SA 4.0 license or compatible terms.
I don't think that's how it works. A reply isn't a derivative work.

Anyway your points make sense and mostly agree with the article OP linked.

This post is released under the terms of the JSON license

Why did ECMAScript fail?

>A reply isn't a derivative work.
I agree; however, implicitly licensing your reply under the same terms will allow those who reuse my post to also reuse the replies if they desire, so long as they credit us.

>and mostly agree with the article OP linked.
This is true, but the OP appears to have misread or misinterpreted the article. I hope that I've clarified the truth.

>the JSON license
Please consider not using a botnet license in the future.

>disable JavaScript
>literally every website stops working
I'm not falling for that meme again, Sup Forums!

Stop visiting shit sites.

>implicitly licensing your reply under the same terms will allow those who reuse my post to also reuse the replies if they desire, so long as they credit us.
You can't make people do that implicitly. You could request that people license their replies under the same license but if they don't say anything, the default is all rights reserved (unless Sup Forums has a license policy).

>I hope that I've clarified the truth
Yeah a bit, thanks

Also, has anyone been able to post on Sup Forums with LibreJS or NoScript enabled? With LibreJS, when I click "Post a Reply" the box doesn't show up.

This post is released under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License, either version 3 or, at your option, any later version. If you make this post available through a computer network, you must ensure that people who access it can also access the source code.

>what is LibreJS

But user... I'm currently working on a lewd JS game, you wouldn't play it? Botnet-free I swear.

stop being a faggot you sound like a climate change fag freaking out about people driving cars

shut the hell up and gtfo. you're not cool or edgy for disabling javascript, literally nobody cares

You can't post on Sup Forums without it enabled

You have to enable google and gstatic to get through captcha anyway.

I know.

>You can't make people do that implicitly.
As you've demonstrated, opting-out of using that license is as easy as saying "no I don't." I'm not a lawyer, so I wouldn't know for sure how that works, but the license is there for anyone to read. If they disagree to it, they can say so.

>has anyone been able to post on Sup Forums with LibreJS or NoScript enabled?
cc I use 4chanx, and that takes care of it after I tweaked the settings a bit.

Please license it under a free license, and I will gladly give your game a look, user.

So shut the fuck up.
>I use 4chanx, and that takes care of it after I tweaked the settings a bit.

Do you use 4chanx? That won't show up if you do.

>Do you use 4chanx
No, why would I use anything other than the native extension? Do you have javascript disable on the browser-level, or only on a per-site basis/through fire-walling extensions like uMatrix?

>why would I use anything other than the native extension?
The native extension is nonfree. There is a git repository out there of an earlier version released under a permissive license, but it is years out of date last I checked.

I have LibreJS installed which, while far from perfect, blocks nonfree javascript while allowing scripts it detects as free (or trivial) to run without issue.

ECMAScript its only the standard