codeanywhere.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never gave it a try. Why would I use VS code instead of VS itself? BUMP

Yes

it's a very lightweight and powerful text editor. VS is itself a FULL IDE

VS is an IDE
VS Code is a text editor

If you can't tell the difference you're clinically retarded

It's very comfy for Go. I wish they would have copied sublime's shortcuts though

If you're writing TS/JS for sure, otherwise it's the same as Sublime (faster) or Atom (slower).

not surprised the peeps who post this meme wouldnt know the difference between and IDE and text editor

please leave planet earth

I like it. It has a lot of great plugins, the integrated debugger does everything I want and it's less bloated than atom.
Still kind of disappointed that they chose electronmeme as a platform.

>currysoft anything
>good
'no'

How much does M$ pay you to shill on Sup Forums?

what text editor is that?

you can download the sublime shorcuts bro

Why prefer it over notepad++?

No, it's terrible and slow. As expected of web applications.

VS Code is one of the best microsoft products, surprisingly. But if you're not coding in .NET you should probably use sublime or jetbrains

>Anything from micros**t
lol VS can suck my cock

gay ass editor lmao

>faggot ass winshill
XD

post plugin list please

github.com/JBakamovic/yavide

It is not 'lightweight' at all. It is good, but there are powerful text editors which take up several orders of magnitude less space while using several orders of magnitude less memory.

these, /thread

such as?

>trying to use a a text editor as an IDE
You are no better than the winshills who started this thread. kys already.

If I want a text editor I'd use ed

Notepad++ if you are in windows and want something that just werks and is FAST (15mb RAM in use right now)

Sublime Text if you are serious about programming.

If you want an IDE don't use vim

Alright, thanks

>serious about programming.
>uses a text editor

Plugins exist for a good reason

>serious about programming
>using anything other than vim/vi

Some of the command line editors, Notepad++, NotepadQQ, jEdit, many commercial editors like ST or UltraEdit - in particular those focussed not on programming. Basically everything not based on browsing engines.

The same goes for performance, for the most parts. There is no real way to make editing DOM nodes in realtime snappy. If you think it is on your i7, it's just that you are a feedback-loop cripple.

Vim is scalable to an IDE

>Still kind of disappointed that they chose electronmeme as a platform.
this

Not to turn vim into IDE like bloated piece of shit with 20 second start up time.

Real programmers don't need an IDE

That being said, the command line editors feedback loop performance varies greatly with the used terminal emulator.

kate master race

Time to ditch that single CPU pentium 1 from 2004, poorfag

>faster hardware is an excuse for bad programming and bloated software

kys already

how does st hold up to something like gnome terminal or urxvt?
shit plugins will have shit resource usage and regardless of what you do... it will take time to start

>touching anything made by MicroPajeet
Not even once.

>how does st hold up to something like gnome terminal or urxvt?
colors are a pain in the fucking ass

You are not convincing me to get rid of my comfy plugins. Give me some good reasons to ditch them.

>Hard mode:
Don't even try that bloat meem

>colors are a pain in the fucking ass
stop being a pretentious attention whore

what?

I am not trying to convince you, just pointing out how retarded you are.

>how does st hold up to something like gnome terminal or urxvt?
In terms of update performance? Not too bad, I'd say. Remember, terminal emulators aren't a special case, they are drawn just like the rest of your windows.

Better benchmark it, though, there are programs for that. Seach for 'Typing with pleasure'.

can easily be changed in config.h and it has truecolor support if you mean the selection available
no reason to ditch them if you're comfortable with them but startups will be slow. I'm ok with youcompleteme's startup time but anything added to that is has to go (fro me at least).

>can easily be changed in config.h and it has truecolor support if you mean the selection available
what i mean is that no one out there has some kind of generator for it or even just already made colors

Because you can't, you don't have a valid reason unless I am too poor to have a system with good I/O rate

I don't even close the IDE, it's just there in its workspace

hardening this post

Not that guy, but regular VIM doesn't seem to be really good with plugins in general.
There are no separate theme files, so it as has to be written in VIMScript, which is garbage.

One such theme changed the VIM startup time from instant to quite some seconds.

Ycm compiles your code with clang with some safety features (don't know too much about them) so you get automatic error notifications.

I am okay with this

What do you suggest?

Isn't it ironic that the jews actively shilled trump campaign and donated to (invested in) this campaign?

There is a difference between being able to convince people and trying convince people who will never change their mind. If you want to use an IDE, use one instead of trying to set the world record for the most bloated, cancerous vim config.

Just wanted to know since I use st with tmux and haven't really tried the others as of yet. Have messed around in the source a lot so I roughly know how it works.

st.suckless.org/patches/solarized
there's one with a good default if you exclude the black being blue.

That's fine, I mostly suffered from low system memory which is why I dislike having more than a few plugins and use suckless tools for everything.

had this problem with a syntx highlighting plugin which decided it was a good idea to change all the settings... fucking retard.

It hangs and crashes a lot for me. Might as well just use Vim.

>muh bloat
Holy shit can you not foam your mouth without saying that?

>le bloat is good meme
kys

Fucking normies

Go use some online text editor

>online text editor
here is your (you)

You must be that one guy
>uses kernel 2.16
>uses vi
>lynx
>64MiB RAM
>800Mhz single core CPU
>See people that have new hardware online
>kys
>kys!
>kys!!

codeanywhere.com/

Having fast hardware is no excuse for bloat and bad programming.

>Using anything but ed
Why do plebs even get internet access?

>anywhere
>requires internet access

ED IS THE STANDARD EDITOR

Not using editors without native plugin interface for programming.

I like neovim, maybe I will switch to it someday.

Should I write my own in scheme then?

Its maximum comfy for html/css. Thats all I use it for though.

unused RAM is wasted RAM, same for processing power

you're the reason why every web page needs "smooth" animations with a shitload of JS on top

Your amount of butthurt is astounding.

Get a job, save money and buy a fucking laptop from the current decade ffs

>bait is real
but all have shit keyboards and hardware not supported by OpenBSD

yeah i'm pretty butthurt because i wish people would actually design shit for functionality again

>OpenBackdoor fag
Makes the perfect sense

If you have a scheme compiler, go for it.

at least we have Suckless, the BSD crowd, and a few of us scattered who still care left.

Could use chicken or write most of it in C and have chibi-scheme for extensions. Not sure which would be best

>FUD
$1.00 has been deposited into your account.

RAM and processing power used for crappy software platforms instead of better user experience and better features are wasted

mentioning BSD never fails to attract you

Aren't you supposed to stay contained in your daily dead BSD thread?

>interpreter for extensions
No, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
dll/so support or gtfo
Ideally, those plugin can check for each other and use each other, like a special sidebar, that can be fed with data from other plugins.

$1.00 has been deposited into your shilling account

what about code writer?

>THIS butthurt

bsd

i like bsd

bsd bsd bsd bsd

Wrong thread faggot

bsd

theo de raadt

>Still shilling

No idea, can it open BIG files?

>raadt
reddit*

guess I'll go the suckless way and have it patched in since that's easier than dynamically linking plugins. Just need a good function set to make writing plugins as easy as if it were using Lisp or something else

I use OpenBSD because it works and is easier to manage

You use OpenBSD because you feel like distinguishing yourself from Linux users since you are so 1337

>Look everyone, I'm projecting.

>guess I'll go the suckless way
Nice delusions, mate.
Just use dynamically loaded plugins. It's not that hard, not that much more work and a way better solution; in particular, if you value contributors.
Ideally you also have an interpreter as macro language and can inject plugin functions to the interpreter.

Well designed interoperability and automation features is what distincts great software from fucking garbage. The same goes for programming languages, btw:
File inclusion that isn't by statement, compile time resolved or not symbolic, violates namespace rules? Into the trash.

Rubymine is good?

nope, I was using linux for a while but alsa became a pain to deal with whne I wanted per application sound controls, systemd messed up my configs which I didn't want to rewrite, configs where scattered everywhere, ect...

OpenBSD (for me) is a lot simpler with configurations in one place, rc scripts, ports if I want something custom, per application sound support by default, easy to setup, clear list of things which work and don't work, ect...

I tried funtoo but the compile times for everything just threw me off, I don't have a compile server and I don't intend on getting one just to use linux. The less time I spend messing around with the system to get it the way I want the better.

guess I'll read into it more, defaulted to the suckless way since it's what I'm used to and I've become comfortable with mucking around with the source until it has all the things I want.

It's a cuck editor because it's made by ms.