codingrainbow

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
gist.github.com/dypsilon/5819528

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/

>How to get started
pastebin.com/pDT82mQS
pastebin.com/AL6j7GEE

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
lowendbox.com
digitalocean.com/
linode.com/
heroku.com/
leaseweb.com

Other urls found in this thread:

material-ui.com/#/components/app-bar
react.semantic-ui.com/elements/button
sites.google.com/s/0B3BiW6MeovCaWTdOM243RGFVMzg/edit
sparkjava.com/
paste2.org/wL2P9Ex1
umbrellajs.com)
w3.org/TR/html5/sections.html#the-article-element
php.net/manual/en/function.filemtime.php
php.net/manual/en/function.get-object-vars.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you forgot to post link to the last thread, OP, always do that so we can maybe keep some convos going

Is freecodecamp worth it? I'm messing around with it right now and decided to start from the beginning just because. I already know html/css/bootstrap. I'm taking it to learn javascript and hopefully get some projects on my portfolio.

The css course is pretty garbage. I understand that it is meant as an introduction but they really could've done more. Does it get better? Is it a decent way of learning javascript and above?

mfw I want to develp something but i have no idea of what. Please, give me an idea.

Help me chose between one of these two frameworks:

material-ui.com/#/components/app-bar
vs
react.semantic-ui.com/elements/button

I need something that I can use to quickly prototype and set up my application frontend. I've asked this earlier, and I've done most of the scaffolding so now I need to puzzle the pieces together.

Between React and Material, use React, so much better.

>I'm taking it to learn javascript

Run through codeacademy JS in a day and immediately start building things and googling.

The library linked also provides react components.

laravel or asp.net mvc?

the last thread didn't do it so when i copy pasted i forgot to add it. i blame the previous op.

spring

hows webpack2 over webpack1?
anybody tried the latest? is it worth migrating?

I migrated my template page yesterday.

> webpack1 file has 140kb of js
>webpack 2 file has 141kb of js

Might as well drink a gallon of bleach now rather than later.

>tfw design backend to use JSON objects in a graph data structure
>objects only know adjacent objects
>these objects are used to build static HTML files for user content
>boss tacks on that the graph needs a hierarchy and given said hierarchy static user content needs to know the relative starting points for their trees
>system I made can't do this so I have to somehow make it do this
>requires rerendering tons of shit
>tfw realize too late that my system had the flexibility and durability of a fucking 90 year old woman

this is my first job out of college and I'm 6 months in. when the fuck do I get good?

I regularly have to override an ext js config/elements, i find it really usefull to open it in notepad++ in JSON Viewer, and then I can copy the path to my desired level. The result is something like ROOT.config.rows[0].items[2].panelConfig.whateva{}. Is there any way to automate this and use the path to create/extend the path to a structure:
config: {
rows: {[
items: {[
]}
]}
},
update: "rows[0].items[2].panelConfig.whateva{}"

Is seems to work without a closing tag. Is it formally a self closing tag or is it wrong to do?

I'm working on a register and login system, I'm such a noob but I feel like I can acomplish things at this point.

Feels good

I know Java

I know Python

Now how do I build a website??

Data modeling is a skill orthoganal to programming. It takes study, experience and time to get good at it, so don't sweat it. Study up: read about data modelling, schema design, data transformation etc. and just get more experience under your belt.

Neither the start or end tag for the 'article' element are omissable. The browser is inferring the end of the article. Expect problems if you don't sort it out!

Learn Spring MVC, HTML, CSS and Javascript.

Why do I gotta learn all dis, cant I do something with python?

You can help me with my login system I can teach you a little bit while I work.

php isn't hard at all if you already know a scripting language

I am interested.

When are you planning to work? I have the next 3 days free.

I was planning on doing it tonight, right now, in the next hour, is rather simple actually

OK, what should I do?

Then you learn Flask, HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

You're right fucked either way kiddo.

Javascript looks ez, I never learned a framewerk tho

Let me host a website with dropbox and we share a document on google docs to be editing live

OK. Sounds good.

sites.google.com/s/0B3BiW6MeovCaWTdOM243RGFVMzg/edit

Wait, this is some kind of google wordpress let me get another app

ok I am in

You are out of luck kid, have to finish this quickly ,look for a tool and tomorrow we can do something else, that's homework setup something so we can code together, maybe even more people will join you, hopefully.

Everything I checked was buggy and horrible or a paid service

Oh alright, I guess it's just plain ol fish in the sea for me.

good luck

Start with something minimal then.
Then you will understand why the larger ones exist.

For Java I would suggest starting with
> sparkjava.com/
Spring is great, but it assumes you already know why you're using spring. Spark lets you get started making things fast, and it's pretty good.

Spring is for later. When you understand why injections make sense. Then Spring is your thing. Just like there's no point in using Hibernate if your data model is simple enough to pull out everything using SQL statements regardless.

OK, I will make something with this!

I'm looking for a font similar to bebas neue but not so thin. Or maybe a free alternative to the font argumentum. Please help. Also, what's a better place on Sup Forums to ask for font recs? Obviously, fonts are a big part of webdev, but I feel like this topic is more on the coding side of things.

It depends. C# is certainly a better language than PHP (and you could use F#) but the .NET Core is still new and in flux. Try making something tiny in both. If still unsure, pick ASP.NET MVC.

>gd
graphic design board

Share your gulpfile / gruntfile

This is mine paste2.org/wL2P9Ex1

OK - I am happy with Normalize.css / skeleton.css and fontawesome for building my site. I just need a light javascript library for managing DOM in a simple manner.

Thinking umbrella.js any thoughts? (umbrellajs.com)

redpill me on php

lots of people hate it and would like to see it die. On the other hand, it is the base for Wordpress, which is a really easy and simple way to build websites fast (lots of $$$ there), and other frameworks like Magento for online businesses. I have no experience with it though, but I'd say never trust anything on Sup Forums, listen to all sides and then try it out yourself.

I am currently doing a course for Node, Mongo and Express. Problem is there's not many job offers for Node in my country. Should I continue and git gud at Node or should I pick up something else.

What I've done is study the job market in my country (small country, and I'm more than willing to relocate) and then started studying the top frameworks in terms of available jobs. Just follow your heart, user...

Make a easy to use webapp that builds websites with angular 2

So I've been studying a little, testing some small things, and it appears that

-node.js is a meme
-react.js is a meme

Way too much work for something that should be simple. I mean they brag about live updates and shit when regular javascript does the exact same thing except in one or two lines tops.

I'm now looking into riot.js, hoping to not discover that it is a meme as well. Last update on the github was 18 days ago. It's still 2017, but still.

Then I hear web components is the future.

Tell me Sup Forums, where do I go?

i came from c# and i had this feeling all along. if is that really the case, thanks in advance.

>but it's really easy just read the book, the cookbok, the oreilly book, the security book, the "real" security book, the "forget everything you knew about *it* book" and don't forget to check out for paid curses in your area where you ACTUALLY learn how to use it!
>so easy! the choice for beginners!

you just have to read a couple of books, no paid courses. If it was as easy as watching a fucking youtube video, then everybody would be able to do it. Come on man, put some fucking effort into it

i was just joking about the people who say that for technologies that are actually fairly complicated to gasp and definitely not for beginners

that's why i put it very generically (*it*)

ASP.NET MVC is pretty nice overall. I'm using the .NET 4.5 version at work to do some internal web tools in a pure MS environment (Windows Auth on IIS and stuff).
Next thing I was going to figure out was how to build a authorization provider or whatever they were called.

html and css. in theory you dont even need css if you just need plain texts and some links.

exactly what said
and for future references check the w3c specs, here is the one for what you are asking (check the tag omission bit)
>w3.org/TR/html5/sections.html#the-article-element

the gasoline of webdev languages
pure evil, and not that good even if you remove all the cancer involved (almost cryptic language constructs, literally no consistency), but its so deeply engraved into the whole web environment, and you can do almost anything in it (everyone and their dog supports/uses it) that you cant just remove everything php now and expect a nicer/better world

wtf i joined the discord server now my audio is completly fucked. like I cant play music or youtube or anything because it just spams static

>almost cryptic language constructs
please elaborate

alright, here is a very simple "challenge":
without using the documentation (or google for that matter) try to find what code you need to write to get the last time a file was changed
tip: you can do this with just one function call

i asked you why php has cryptic language constructs and you want ME to come up with php code to prove your point?

strong tactic

gee...
the answer was: filemtime
>php.net/manual/en/function.filemtime.php

alright, here is an already solved one:
in php you can declare and/or initialize a simple array in two ways: [] and array()what difference is there between the two?

>answer: exact same thing, [] is just a "shortcut" (parser replacement, syntax sugar, etc) for array() available in "recent" versions of php

here is a funny one, you can cast an array to onto an object, and this is often the cleanest/fastest way of adding an extra property onto an already existing object
>php.net/manual/en/function.get-object-vars.php
>(object) array()

im gonna stop now, this is starting to leave a metal taste in my mouth

>[] and array()
jesus christ, Sup Forums code parsing is still buggy as hell...
oh well you get the just of it

stop hating php

wanna know how I know you're fat?

literally what
there is nothing cryptic about anything you posted. what, filemtime returns a unix timestamp? like in python or java? what is cryptic about this?

two ways to declare an array? oh em gee so cryptic i need to work at nsa to use php

i might give you the one about casting arrays as objects, though i don't know where you get that it's the cleanest and fastest way to do it

if i'm not a php dev, how am i supposed to come up with php code like he proposed?

and if i was, and i if knew about filemtime, the burden of proof is on him to prove the language construct is cryptic

i am looking at job seeking websites and it look like there are much more C# and ASP.NET jobs than PHP jobs in my country.
on the other hand i am a college dropout so PHP jobs look more feasible to me because most of them don't require a degree.
but then however, i have a background in C# (3 years in highschool), and i tutor kids in C# because high school computer science exams are either C# or Java in my country.

so what should i learn /wdg/?

i'm a new learner . how do i make a table of contents like this?

If you already know C# go with it. Don't worry about degrees, C# is at the same level of codemonkeying as PHP when it comes to web dev.

actually is how wikipedia does them.

Respond to this: faggots

web dev is a meme, get a real job you sjw faggot

I have a real job with a real systems language.

Web dev is a fucking meme, I mean WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!

TRANSPILING DOZENS OF JS-LIKE LANGUAGES INTO JAVASCRIPT?!

COMPILING JAVASCRIPT INTO A BIG FAT BUNDLE?

You all need to be shot. I'm trying to make a nice single page app, and you throw this bullshit in my face. What the actual fuck is wrong with you people.

lol faggot doesn't even trans-pile his elm functional reactive code to js to es5 to achieve maximum browser compatibility. Do you even know how to code, grandpa. What's next you're gonna tell me you use some fossil from the 70's like vim to code. It's $CURRENT_YEAR nigga, step up.

die in hell

every web dev should hang
god I just picture all these smug motherfuckers with their lattes writing shit code all day

hey grandpa, sorry we don't have time to spoon feed you. Why don't you start with scratch, I've heard that's a great language for beginners. You can take your time with it, I'm sure you'll need it.

By the time you're doing that, I'll be creating the front end for my million-dollar ubiquitous cross-platform emoji app in react native while enjoying my low fat soy turmeric latte.

Coded with

"

fuck react/vue/redux/angular2(3-7)/flux/next/meteor/riot/knockout.

fuck webpack/gulp/grunt/whatever gay config/task wrapper of the month

fuck mongo/couchdb and every other aberration

npm is gay as shit.

20 billion dependencies for any full stack, all maintained by random autists.

Every god damn JS conference always has a quarter of the speakers talking about irrelevant diversity SJW shit.

I fucking hate all these hipster frameworks being pumped up 24/7.

I got pushed to C# and .Net because Micro$hills and Indians are somehow better than the retards behind the JS community.

just look at w3 for documentation....

lmao you're just retarded. Just code shit in plain javascript and add more libraries or frameworks if it helps. You don't have to become a cum guzzling high socks faggot and use whatever framework is popular for the day to be a decent web dev lmao. Sorry you could'nt figure that out retard. It's probably best you go suck Pajeet dick, you brainless microdick.

>apply to front end dev positions
>FRONT END ENGINEER - REACT - RELOCATE to NYC
>salary is like 150k
>never get callbacks
>stuck in 75k purgatory

Started on Codecademy for HTML/CSS and got partway through before getting bored with being told to copy & paste some code and hit "run" especially when I already know basic HTML from years ago and could probably learn the rest on my own.

Then read on a /wdg/ that FreeCodeCamp forces you to learn on your own by giving you a project and basically saying make this work. Signed up and I'm immediately back at the "Make a Hello World header!!1" bullshit.

Which one should I stick with if I have to slog through the training wheels stuff either way?

Also will web development let me play with cool logic structures, mixing data inputs to create emergent new information and stuff like that? That's what I'd like to do, should I just stick to fucking Java or something instead? Or will this just lead to maintaining SQL databases while sipping coffee and watching anime or something.

Who in here /prescribedadderall/

Is the Django community still alive?
Is it worth it to spend a good amount of time creating a module for it? If I do will it be used?

What is the module? And I use django every day

don't use freepajeetcamp. use only w3schools.

try building a simple calculator using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. you will have to use w3schools a lot.
after you finish think of a harder challenge.

I noticed most of the faggots are still placing the node_modules folder on every project folder thay they make.
Then they just put .gitignore "node_modules" lmao

>oh how I wished there would be a centralized node_modules folder

want a new trick?
hint: webpack resolve

still confused?
reply with "poo in loo, sandeep!" for the []spoiler]

>which is a really easy and simple way to build websites fast
>fast

Why is it that some people keeps on overrating the word "fast", "faster", etc... typical pajeet-tier people. I'm fucking annoyed by those dipshits because all they say is

"hurrdurrr I can work fast, I can work better, etc.etc... but...

can they work smart???

No matter how fast they spit out things if they aren't smart enough to think what the client exactly wanted their "fast" work would just reset into the startingline.

tldr: working smart > working fast

I threw up a system using drupal. It seems that I am not going to learn much. Does it get harder or am I stuck with this point click stuff

Why are there no resources for HTTPS get requests using Basic Auth in PHP?

So do I store all my html, css, and js scripts in the includes of XAMPP?

It goes as deep as you want it to.

in the htdocs folder and start apache

Could someone link me to a homepage that has a note section? (needs to be able to take notes via the index.html) I can't figure it out so am resorting to stealing code like the piece of shit I am

also needs to save it via a cookie or some shit idk

?????????

Recommend me a replacement for this bloated botnet.