Electric toothbrushes are technology

Any anons using an electric toothbrush? My dentist told me I have abrasions in my teeth from brushing too hard. Abrasions that I'm not supposed to have until I'm 40 (I'm 24). What is the best electric toothbrush in the market?

Other urls found in this thread:

getquip.com/
animated-teeth.com/electric_toothbrushes/oral-b-best-electric-toothbrushes.htm
geizhals.eu/braun-oral-b-professional-care-3000-center-850083-a585899.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

last time i seen this thread on Sup Forums someone said that the jews put some kind of frequency in the toothbrush to mess with peoples brains

dont buy one

Sup Forums pls go

>pls
Sup Forums please go

>he isn't aware that Sup Forums and Sup Forums have a >75% overlap

Pretty sure Sup Forums is 99% pajeet.

Sonicare.

I use these. I never really liked the big bulky ones with weird features.

getquip.com/

>asking Sup Forums what toothbrush they own
might as well ask us which soap do we use as well.

Oral-B.

Don't fall for this meme. Get the oscillating ones like oral b to prevent abrasions

t. a 40 year old man

Is there even a feature that tells you you're brushing too hard? Im a retard and I really cant tell if I am lol

stop brushing so hard. be very gentle and do it for longer

Yes, get an oral B with a red light

pretty sure pol is 90% non-whites

I use Oral-B because no other reputable brand makes oscillating brushes, the only problem with them is they don't allow to replace the battery.
Just pick the features and brush you need.

So is this plsnet, so it adds up

Brushless teeth cleaning when?

if you're using an electric brush just gently roll it over all your teeth

Something something asked Sup Forums about this shit ages back, ever since I've been brushing with just water. Use whatever toothbrush you want, just don't use hydrogen peroxide paste mixed with sand, fuck that shit.

Philips sonicare essence

anything else is garb

inb4 use non fluoridated toothpaste

use fluoridated toothpaste you nutcases

I have never brushed my teeth my whole life and after they fall out I will get dentures

gtfo 12 year old with no teeth

Apparently philips makes them as well, wouldn't know which are beter though.

I have oralB and it's great. Feels fresh like cleaning at dentist.

I just got sonicare diamond clean.

meme gimmick tier:
Electric toothbrushes

actual useful and revolutionary technology tier:
water floss

Prove me wrong.

You actually can replace the battery, although the bristles get worn so I like to swap brushes.

The Philips brushes don't oscillate.

But it's not easy, unless you know about electronics.

The Vitality doesn't have 3D pulsations, and the 1000 only does 20,000 pulses-per-minute while the models above do 40,000.
I wouldn't recommend getting anything below the 3000 model.

animated-teeth.com/electric_toothbrushes/oral-b-best-electric-toothbrushes.htm

Get an Oral-B since you can buy generic heads for cheap.

Am I some kind of freak or are there other people in here who gag when brushing their teeth? Almost to the point of vomiting.
Every day.

I've had this all my life. Tried all kinds of toothpastes.

I'm at a point where I brush my teeth without any toothpaste and then just chew those chewing gums.

Buy a quality non electric brush from curaprox.

You're not supposed to stick the toothbrush down your throat.

Just move your hand. Gently if you are doing it too hard.

I use this, they're £7 and have a AAA battery inside, you just press a button on the handle to vibrate. It has little flappy paddle things which are pretty good at getting in between your teeth and it werks great. Also no charging, the battery lasts like a year, and it doesn't cost hundreds of jew dollars.

Used to have one of those expensive ones with the tiny heads that were like $30 each to replace. Didn't see much benefit.

Now I use an Arm & Hammer Spinbrush which was inexpensive, has a full sized head and the replacements are like $5 each. Plus it really does feel a whole lot better than when I brush manually. Just make sure you get good batteries for it so that they stay strong for the life of the head.

Use a normal toothbrus, the electric ones are useless.

Wrong. Every study ever has confirmed that electric toothbrushes are the way to go.

Ask any dentist, they are useless. Use a good soft brush, change it regularily, and you should be good to go.

Abrasion is actually caused by the abrasive they put in toothpaste to make it 'whiten' your teeth (by sloughing off the top layers)

Stay away from whitening toothpastes and try to find one which is as nonabrasive as possible.

>Use a good soft brush
Kek this is a fucking meme. Your brush-bristles are never going to be hard enough to scratch up your teeth real bad since enamel is about as hard as fucking porcelain. You ever see plastic that scratches up porcelain really bad?

It's not about scratching your teeth as much as using anything other than a soft brush being completely pointless, unless we're talking about toilet brushes.

-shrug-
God I fucking hate teeth, dentists, and the whole money-grubbing jew-industry which surrounds them though.

I use the first one in your pic OP. Sort of loud, easy to change brush heads, really easy to charge (drop it on a base an you're good to go). Unless you don't like loud toothbrushes, it's a good buy.

Well, things are for no reason more expensive in the west, expecially dentistry stuff. Here is not an issue when it comes to that. Generally speaking, brushing in the morning, before bed, and after every meal, and using mouthwash (very important, and if you can an alcohol-based one) should be enough. Pay a visit to your dentist once or twice a year for a cleanup and you should be fine. Don't fall for the electric brushes nonsense. Flossing is up to you, it's not considered to be necessary or even benefical, assuming you're brushing properly.

"Toothbrushing is a way to keep a good oral hygiene. Hard tissue loss after erosion and toothbrushing is significantly greater than erosion alone (Rios et al., 2006; Magalhães et al., 2008). However, after intra-oral periods of 30 and 60 min, wear was not significantly higher in toothbrushing than in unbrushed controls. It is concluded that keeping tooth unbrushed for at least 30 min after an erosive attack is necessary for protecting dentin (Attin et al., 2004)."
Make sure your mouth/teeth surface has a high pH (alkaline) before you brush your teeth, because an acidic environment softens them up (meaning it's easier to slough off). Also use a less abrasive toothpaste.

>Make sure your mouth/teeth surface has a high pH (alkaline) before you brush your teeth,
Also, actually, just try to make sure your mouth is generally a high-pH environment. Acids dissolve minerals pretty readily.. Your teeth are very high in minerals..
Also be aware that bacteria in your mouth turn eat sugar and shit acid

Are there any electric toothbrushes which aren't loud as hell? I recently moved into a dorm so I don't want to annoy my dormmates with my current one after every meal.

>not having your own apartment
hahaha, enjoy being cucked

"Even some kinds of toothpastes accelerate tooth wear due to the removal of superficial enamel layer (Rios et al., 2006). Non-fluoride toothpaste could increase dentine loss compared with drinks alone (Ponduri et al., 2005). Whitening dentifrice also leads to significantly greater wear of sound enamel and of both eroded and sound dentine (Turssi et al., 2004). On the contrary, fluoride and remineralizing toothpastes (containing NaF, calcium, phosphate, and fluoride ions) are effective in inhibiting enamel erosion. The fluoride concentration around 1100×10−6 in dentifrices helps to reduce dentin wear by erosion and erosion+abrasion, but the protection does not increase with fluoride concentration (Magalhães et al., 2008). Remineralizing toothpaste is more effective in intact and decalcified enamel (Muñoz et al., 1999; Magalhães et al., 2007). It could improve tooth-surface smoothness and gloss with regular use (Muñoz et al., 2004)."
Notice the lack of mention of electric toothbrushes?

My dormmates are nice people. Three of them are at work most of the time and when they get home they're normally quiet and chill. None of them are dumb Chads who want to party 24/7.

Okay NEET.

You mean toothtunes?

Listerine fucks up the ph levels of your mouth.
You should use mouth wash without alcohol.

You should use mouthwash with alcohol unless you have dry mouth or related issues. It's better than the the non alcohol ones.

should i buy this?
geizhals.eu/braun-oral-b-professional-care-3000-center-850083-a585899.html
also, are water jets a meme?

i only like the electric toothbrush because of the built in timer

That's what the Jews want.

malicious advice

Ask a dentist, don't look at some garbage internet study.

>ask the guy who would benefit from you ruining your teeth
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Redpill me on toothbrushes

>ask the guy who would benefit from you ruining your teeth
Not in my case, my mom's a dentist, it costs me nothing. My sister is also studying dentistry, so..

>ask the guy
Women dentists are better than men dentists fyi (; Men should stick with programming, or reparing cars..

I like to put mine on my dick and masturbate with it.

C- for effort

Just use a normal toothbrush with hard bristles. Brush 3 times a day and use toothpaste for one session. Electric brushes strip your plaque and make micro scratches in your teeth that bacteria get trapped in.
>Morning
Mouthwash and brush after breakfast
>Afternoon
Brush and rinse mouth
>Evening
Brush with toothpaste before bed

>Never get to party
Nice

Feel free to use whatever you want, the fact is that alcohol based mouthwas is superior.

Reminder that oral b brushes still only use NiMH or NiCd. The battery will fail within 2-3 years.

I'm waiting for a sale on sonicare essence+ (can be as cheap as $10) or healthy white+ (lithium battery).

>my mom's a dentist
Can you ask her how effective swishing with some alkaline solution is at neutralizing acids at the tooth surface, in the absence of brushing

>in the absence of brushing
I don't live with my parents, but anyway, mouthwash, while important and should alwasy be used after brushing, alone is not that effective.

I wasn't talking about mouthwash but something like bicarb soda dissolved in water
Mostly to neutralise acids before brushing to re-harden the tooth surface.

yeah foamy toothpaste makes me fucking gag so I get a little water in my mouth and use thw tiniest amount of not-so-foamy toothpaste. then i only gag when brushing my tongue

tl;dr dont brush right after drinking soda. good to know user

top reply

>tl;dr dont brush right after drinking soda.
Prolly just avoid soda all together bruh.
Short of things that would pose an immediate danger to your safety soft drink is probably the worst thing most people do to their teeth.

Also never get out of your home, a car might hit you!!11

Probably the impact is negligible.

The sound of an electric toothbrush always turns me on.

>Summer camp
>Girl's cabin right next door
>Snuck out every night to feed the stray dog
>Always hear buzzing in the girl's cabin outhouse
>Immediately followed by muffled squeaks and groans
>I totally knew what they were doing, even at that age

the quote makes it seem like if you do it every day you could see real long-term inpact

yeah i dont drink soda. my brother wakes up and reaches for dr pepper every morning before his eyes fully open. and he drinks one before he sleeps. no brushing. ever.

>Also never get out of your home, a car might hit you!!11
But user, going outside has many many benefits, and getting hit by a car is quite unlikely, whereas softdrink has few-to-no benefits and harms your teeth every time you drink it, as well as potentially negatively impacting your general health if done to excess. Why bother with it?

Right, while you're at it careful indoors as well, an earthquake might collapse the building you're in.

a med student once told me that mouth wash with alcohol can produce cancer

They can also fit up your butt

>Right, while you're at it careful indoors as well, an earthquake might collapse the building you're in.
I don't really see the point you're making. The paper claims that brushing teeth immediately after they've been weakened produces significantly more wear on your enamel, and further that not doing so is necessary to protect dentin, so why would you do it if that's true?
It's not a statement that something bad 'might' happen if you do this, it's a pretty clear claim that something bad will definitely happen if you do it.

gay

There are numerous unfounded claims of "don't brush right after eating/drinking" nonsense out there. It's not something necessary to "wait half an hour after eating to brush your teeth, but do so while standing in one leg and facing the south pole". (Some) People are overly complicating things that otherwise are very simple to follow for no reason..

I've had good teeth(well not needing any medication/braces etc) I'm 26 and my dentist told me to never fall for these "high powered/high tech brushes" and the best one I could buy was the older looking cheap ones, you know the standard ones with thick hairs, 2 for like $1? and to replace it right after the hairs split. best dentist ever because I appreciated his total honesty, all these high end priced stuff is all bs

bump

The Philips Sonicare ones really do work. The trick though is to buy the cheap AA battery (use eneloops) or rechargeable ones from the store or Amazon, and avoid the overpriced dentist models that are basically identical but cost $100.

imagine actually being this insane

This is why I install Gentoo onto my toothbrush.
That way I know that it is free and libre.

Medical student here. Can confirm.

Shit kills the surface cells in your mouth and the increased turn over of cells (from needing to replace themselves) increases the odds of attaining a mutation that could contribute to the growth of cancer.

>brushing after every meal
Drink some water and chew some gum.

Dump that trash, man. Get chewing sticks.

>>be very gentle and do it for longer
MFW that's what she said...