Who can't make his own fking decisions

Hey Sup Forumsuys, just your friendly neighbourhood shitpostman here. I have a dilema. Perhaps you can help me out a bit?
I need a portable device for school. Something that I can code on comfortably, I am taking CS, as well as take notes.
I am torn between 3 options: Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Dell XPS 13, and the Razer Blade Stealth. I have a budget of about $1000, plus I am eligable for student discouts on these devices.
As it is required in my cource for program testing purposes, I will need either dual boot into Xubuntu or run a VM for it.
These specs saticfy me: i5, 128GB(not sure I'll ever need more for school), 8GB. Also I am avoiding 4K, to save battery life.

Here are the cons and pros I see so far of each device.

SP4
Good:
+Light. This is a major selling point for me.
+Actually usable touchscreen support for notes.
+Being able to type and draw, I can complete get rid of any paper weight in my bag.
Bad:
-Windows fucking 10. Don't want to start fking updating on me during a lab activity.
-No linux support.
Not sure about:
*Battery life. Have heard mixed things, anywhere from 3.5 hrs - 7hrs
*Possiblity to downgrade to 8.1?
*How well can it run a VM, and how draining is it on battery? (considering I will use the VM for 1.5hrs at a time)
*How powerful is it compared to the other devices? Does all that touchscreen stuff make it lag behind?

XPS13
Good:
+No bezel screen.
+I'm pretty sure it will dual boot Linux no prob.
Bad:
-Keyboard. Too small for my long bony fingers.
-Feels a bit cheap. The cheaply made plastic keyboard ruins the whole experince of the device.
-Dell has shit quality control, and I really don't want to deal with their shit.
-Coil whine seems to be a common issue.
Not sure about:
*Is coil whine really that bad? Will it be annoying me during lectures?

Blade Stealth
Good:
+Keyboard. Typing is a lot easier for me than on XPS13. Don't care much for the rgb, but I guess general backlighitng is a plus.
+Feels well made. It a minor thing, but hey, if it feels nice while being used, thats a plus.
+Pretty sure it can run RuneScape
Bad:
-Bezel. Don't really bother me though.
-Logo. Will have to get dbrand skin to cover that shit up.
Not sure about:
*Razor quality control
*Have heard some(not many) reports of coil whine. If so how loud is it?
*Linux drivers. Is dual booting a viable option, or would a VM be needed?
*Will the thunderbolt charger work with Linux? I have no idea how thunderbolt works.

DID I MISS ANYTHING?! If so, call me a retard and tell me what it was.

2015 128GB 13" Macbook Pro with Retina Display

thinkpad t420 or x220

>but muh touchscreen
fuck off, you're better off taking notes with pen and paper

fking I knew you people would show up. Shit costs like $200 extra while offering nothing else. The keyboard is better than the XPS though, but still sucks in comparison to the Stealth

>carying both a 5.2lbs laptop and its wieght in paper at the same time.

I'm sorry not everyone here is a fking body builder. Fuck of to /fit/ with that shit

>you need to be a body builder to carry a laptop that weighs roughly the same as an average college book
are you in women studies or something

both of you are right, I wouldn't want a back-breaking laptop (read: The 8lb Elitebook) but if you think heavy=bad you need to take this question to reddit.

3 college books + paper for notes + hunk of a laptop.
Shit adds up man, the less weight I have the fast I can walk around campus.

OP, if you get a laptop make sure the ram isn't soldered. This means after it gets it's support drop you can just run it into a kit of 16+ GB of RAM and still have it be usable.

The question is more about if it is necessary. Some of our desks(mostly those half-desks hybrids) are fking tiny, and I see these poor souls with their huge laptops barely able to use them becasue of how much space they take up. 13" is about max of what is comfortably usable.

x220 then you skinny weakling

>tiny desks
13 Inch macbook air
one of those cheap asus laptops with shit processors
Thinkpad 12
>heavier
Elitebook 13 inch from HP

too poor for gym membership or proper diet. However I am perfectly willing to spend money on laptops for education.

Your school doesn't have a free gym? I go to a community college in the mountains and we have a pretty nice gym even.

We have a very nice gym, but due to the huge student body, maintanence is very expensive i guess

OK so I have decided to exploit the retunr policy of all these producst and see which one fits me the most. (Although thinking about it now, Surface Pro is probably the best choice for me) Thank you for you time.
To those worried about my fitness level, I do intend to get a job to pay for the gym once this semester finishes in April. Thank you for your concern.

To those wondering how I am paying for anything right now without a job, scholarships are a wonderful thing :D The government is ready to through money at any retard these days it seems.

you fucking wuss i carried 4 or 5 big ass textbooks a portfolio bag and a skateboard up and down 3 flights of stairs 3 times a day in college. i weighed 140 lbs at 5'9 and you cant carry a fucking x220? jesus christ i have no hope for the future if our students are like this

Apple makes the best trackpads, chassis, screens, and keyboards.

KYS you literal faggot.

Every Winblows laptop i see feels like plastic shit and all the pain comes off after a few months.

Also Windowse sucks balls

>trackpads
true

>chassis
lmao shit's soda can tier

>screens
true

>keyboards
lel chiclet pieces of shit outclassed by a fucking 2011 thinkpad

>windows is shit
true

>lmao shit's soda can tier

>Thinks aluminium unibody is shit tier

kys faggot.

I've dropped my MBP plenty of times and its still kicking. It's a tank.

Thinkpad is for fat asses.

>thin aluminum soda can laptop
>dropped a bunch of times
3 inch height onto carpet doesn't count