Manjaro Linux - Which DE should I get?

XFCE vs. KDE
Which one should I pick? Why?

inb4 install gentoo

install gentoo

The one you like better

install gentoo

laptop or desktop? If laptop, probably XFCE - if desktop whichever you like better

kthx

I'm planing to install it on my laptop. From what I've heard, KDE is a bit heavy on the resources, so yeah, I'll probably stick to XFCE.

Thank you Sup Forumsentoomen

it's ok to have your own preferences OP

i used to main xfce on all of my distros but kde seems very nice, specially if you have an android phone.

That being said, it wouldn't be worth switching only if you're too dependent on the xfce panel extensions, almost everything else seems to be an improvement, specially the dolphin file manager

cinnamon

OP don't know if you heard yet.

But the new meme is "thinking for yourself".
You don't have to ask for validation on an anonymous forum anymore.

Pretty great isn't it?

ew

>KDE, Gnome3, Cinnamon, Deepin
Garbage
>i3, LXQt
Alright
>XFCE, MATE
whybotherwithanythingelse.svg

"heavy on the resources" is compared to other linux DEs, which are themselves a large step below the resource requirements of mainstream OSs, so I wouldn't worry too much

KDE is the best.

You should try the two of them. I did and chose XFCE.

Uninstall Manjaro.

Install Antergos.

INSTALL GENTOO!

with Cinnamon.

both xfce and kde are fucking garbage when compared to cinnamon.

Just get Crypt-OS

install antergos

Too late user, I've already installed Manjaro with XFCE.

>not i3

You're even tiling your windows manually. Why not go with i3?

> both xfce and kde are fucking garbage when compared to cinnamon.
why?

KDE. Been using it as my main distro for a while now, it's fuckin great

try it an you'll see how nicer cinnamon is.

you can literally do pacman -S cinnamon

KDE is really comfy if you have a powerful computer. KDE's main appeal for me is that the UI is very intuitive and the software that it's shipped with is mostly really high quality.

XFCE is perfectly usable but not as comfy as KDE, but is a lot lighter, so it's better if you don't have a good computer.

You can always try them both out on a VM and pick what you like better.

fuck Cinnamon. I had LMDE for a while before I decided to switch out for something better.

The options menus are largely trash. I had a pretty painful init script that disabled mouse acceleration and set my monitors up properly. The display menu is buggy and missing so many features that it hurts.

IIRC, there's no GUI way to set the default file type associations.

editing the start menu in Cinnamon is a mess.

I also had a lot of stability issues with Cinnamon. I've had a few stability issues with KDE, but nothing that ever forced me to restart my system. Everything that bugged out on KDE could always be fixed by killall plasmashell; kstart plasmashell. I had quite a few issues on Cinnamon that required me to hit the reset button.

Another benefit of KDE is that its default software all works together nicely and is generally high quality. The default file manager in LMDE was absolute trash. There are a number of other pieces of default software that are also trash. I know you can always just install more, but it's a lot of work to install a DE then go searching for a replacement for all the default software.