Now that thinkpads are dead what are the computer's of choice of the Sup Forumseeks?

Now that thinkpads are dead what are the computer's of choice of the Sup Forumseeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Frankenpad-T61-14-1-Notebook-middleton-bios-/272538110591?hash=item3f74898a7f:g:TtMAAOSw-0xYjR-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thinkpads

/thread

fpbp

Thinkpads from 5 years ago, even though 5 years ago Sup Forums thought that Thinkpads were dead and the 2012 models weren't real thinkpads.

macbooks

lol jk, I'm not a homosexual

I would have to say the surface pro 3 or 4. Very lightweight, extremely portable, runs a non-homosexual OS, and has good battery life.

>surface pro
>runs a non-homosexual OS
>Windows after 8.x
>not homosexual
lmao enjoy your "apps"

>thinkpads are dead
My thinkpad still does fine

what the fuck are you talking about nigger?

I believe thinkpads stopped being thinkpads as soon as Lenovo took over
I was like 8 at that time, had been using ibms from my dad for years, and the first time he pulled out the new "Lenovo" badged laptop I could tell from the first touch that the quality had dropped like a rock

Thnktampons

chink shit

Thinkpad X7X have Thunderbolt 3

Basically older thinkpads with the old keyboard. x220 still has quite a following.

This. I may have recently purchased a used i7 t420i off Craigslist niggers a few months ago sometime in 2016 but still runs like a champ especially with 8 GB RAM and x2 SSD drives packed into it.

Thinkpad x1 seems nice

wanna know how I know you're fat?

I like my T460p

Lots of you probably disagree, but Dell has been putting out some pretty solid products the last few years

wanna know how I know your a big guy?

i'm still using my eeepc 701

Wanna know how I know you're fat?

wanna know how I know for you?

Specs on yours, please?

51nb's X62. I had the pleasure to try one recently, it's glorious. X61 with Broadwell. You can buy them premodded even.

I want to know how you know that I want to know how you know that.

shut it fatty

shut it fatty

custom built fan less pc I guess.

Wanna know how I know you're fat?

What Dell model are you talking about?

I bought a Dell for $1000 but it had a shit-tier screen and was slow as hell so I sold it again for $500.

I consume 2kg of protein a day and transfer all that into pure muscle. don't fuck with me kiddo

I wanna know how you know Im fat

I'm a bodybuilding god and I'm extremely sensitive to fatness. your fat waves are transmitted directly into my sensors

dead? you can still buy a modern thinkpad that still has the clit mouse and everything. The only downer is they don't have the giant battery poking out like the older ones.

My yoga 14 with a 2.7ghz i5 and a geforce 940m is bretty good. ITT people complaining about not affording the grapes of a newer one so they use no true Scotsman to rationalize their sourness.

Thinkpad Yoga 12's & 14's are incredible for what you pay. Not much more than what these kids are paying for older ones with absolute shit battery life. The autism escapes me.

LOL - i just bought a W510 with 16GB ram and i7 which is about as fast as my old Mac Pro workstation from 8 years ago, and does video editing as fast as the Mac.

For $190 mint. Must have been kept in a closet since 2011.

how come middleton laptops expensive

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Frankenpad-T61-14-1-Notebook-middleton-bios-/272538110591?hash=item3f74898a7f:g:TtMAAOSw-0xYjR-Y

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

normies can't flash BIOS

Razer.

Macbook, not even trolling

XPS 13 refresh that came out a couple of weeks ago. Rock solid for $800, no touch screen gimmicky bs.

In my opinion, they stopped being thinkpads when they started using chiclet keyboards. That was the biggest noticeable tank in quality.

Dell Latitude has always been better than Thinkpads, just without the brand recognition.

>tfw got a Latitude E7470 hot off the assembly line
>tfw no OEM-installed malware

How the hell is 5 hours of battery life on the x230 going to get me through school? Am I going to have to be anxious about sitting next to outlets until I can get another computer? Fuck.

How is it? I've been looking at the E7270 since it's £200 cheaper but I would like a bigger screen than 12.5 inch.

Yeah, I don't get it. It still has all the goodness of the older thinkpads but brings in some new tech. it even works with the battery powered wacom pens. That is the newer ones that are 12 inch and 14 inch models. I love it because I can disable the touchpad mouse for typing and I don't need to carry around a mouse.

I am a mac user, and have always been one.
However I needed something cheap to have ubuntu on. So I went with the t420. Even if I still like my Macbook better then even I must admit Sup Forums is right about it being a great machine. That keyboard is the best thing ever.

t430

You will say this if you have a Macbook. Just like you should never own an old Jaguar without having a reliable car. Old Jags suck, but for some reason other people think they're cool, and that fills a little bit of the void.

New Thinkpad

Macbook pro

Used latitudes seem to have a better price-to-performance ratio than Thinkpads, I'm eyeing E6440 right now.

still thinkpads.

Retro ThinkPad sometime this year. Should keep us going for a while longer. Maybe if it is really well-received, it will lead to more ThinkPad Retros also.

>Retro ThinkPad sometime this year.
Wew lad. Hate to say it but you're delusional.

windows is literally the worst OS

also this is hardware discussion so OS is irrelevant

the surface does not have a trackpoint, and its keyboard is cheap detachable shit as well

We already have retro thinkpads:

Why? Do you think it'll be later? It's already confirmed to exist.

How nice are FrankenPads and how cheap can I get one?

October 5th, 2017
16:10 aspect ratio
220/420/520 series keyboard

Yeah they became Lenovo botnet chinkpads. I don't know why anyone outside of China would buy their obviously malware loaded shit.

Replaced my X220 with a Surface Pro 4 this week. Feels pretty comfy desu.

The 3:2 aspect ratio is also really nice. Feels surpringly much like my fancy old X61 tablet did.

elitebook

i7 6820hq, 940MX, 1440p IPS, big battery(I don't remember the exact capacity), and a 500GB PNY ssd

oh, and 8gb RAM

>heh, what would people say if I called thinkpads dead?

Old Thinkpads.

Lenovo Thinkpads have been dead for years, long live IBM Thinkpads.

It's that Chromebook shill.

I have an x230 and while I'd like the older keyboard (previously had a c2d TP) I have to say the keyboard is perfectly fine, better than most laptops except maybe for the layout.
I'll probably swap it for an x220 one but before I'll spend money on the thing there are other things I have to change, in order the battery and probably the screen (IPS)

My twelve year old X40 gets 10 hours of battery life with wifi on, up to 14 with it off, with a new $20 chink extended battery pack. No botnet, great keyboard (much better than anything Lenovo puts into a computer today) and it is still very small and light compared to new machines. Only downside is the relatively narrow viewing angle of the screen.

It's a beast

>XPS
>no fucking trackpoint

What happened to Dell?

Michael Dell's still involved with the company, that's their problem.

elitebook were great but HP decided to thrown them into the trash after the 2470p

>business laptop
>16:9 display

You're trolling a little, Macbooks have none of the features. They are like the opposite of Thinkpads. Non-serviceable, non-upgradeable over time.

This. T60/1/p master race. Last real ThinkPads
>6 row keyboard
>5:4 screen
>non chiclet keys

Plus, as added bonuses:
>one of very few computers that support LibreBios
>can be had nowadays for $100, or even less
>parts still available, lots and lots of them were made - worst case you can cannibalize others for parts as everything was made to be broken down as FRNs (Field Replaceable Units). Manuals still available.

These also support SATA, so you can get modern drives. DDR2 memory though, which is on the far side of the inverse price bell curve due to age.

All my laptops are T60s, I have a few for spares. I take care of my stuff and expect them to last a long time. They already have.

I mean, I got a E550 from work and its pretty nice and all.

>
>normies can't flash BIOS
Not just that. It's a Frankenpad, which means all the best parts of a T60 and 61 put together. The celebrated 5:4 T60 FlexView IPS screen, put together with a T61 main board for slightly newer hardware, incl iirc SATA3, etc. Usually some other hardware improvements also (faster CPU, etc). Every one is a one off hand crafted job, many times with NOS parts like screen which aren't made any more.

Those are basically the very best old school ThinkPads you will ever find and therefore are highly prized, hence the price.

You can go to Thinkpad forums for much further details and assistance, great old school community over there.

I copped a t420s the other day.

Buying into a Sup Forums meme has never felt so fun. Dunno why these things catch hate for their price point

mustard race

>16:10
>calling it a Thinkpad
Kids these days

>Press button on keyboard to make laptop fall apart

Overpriced trash

A desktop

hp business grade

Do you do crossfit?

kek

With exceptions of the track nipple, I think clevo makes some pretty nice alternatives. Not pretty, but pretty functional. They also said that they are going to put amd in their laptops too if anyone cares.

HPE or Dell.

Lenovo hardware shouldn't even be considered after their Superfish and BIOS malware incidents.

>October 5th, 2017
Citation needed.

You will never find one for sale though. I would buy an i7 T61 right now though.

>dead
That sure is a funny way of spelling BTFO.