Why does social media makes people unhappy?

Why does social media makes people unhappy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XGjgKo3OV-g
youtube.com/watch?v=Ycym8i7hjcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=XGjgKo3OV-g

Is this guy trying to copy pewdiepie's mannerisms?
This makes me sad...

Social media doesn't make people unhappy. Unhappy people gravitate to social media.

pewdiepie has been copying him for the last 2 years

Either way I find both quite irritating to listen to

Why can't they just speak normally?

There's also this
youtube.com/watch?v=Ycym8i7hjcA

Are you talking about our POTUS?

>our
Sadly if I were to say "Not my president" it would actually be true.

Because it gives you more access to someone's life than you actually needed. You get to see people for what they really are, instead of what they want you to see.

Frank's been that way for a long time. He puts on the persona because he's retarded levels of anti-social, and it helps him cope with being on camera (something he stated in one of his early vids).
Pewdiepie does it for the views. But his latest vids show that he's sick of the meme-culture shit and somewhat hates the fanbase he's created.

I don't know, I quit and became happier

Because it's like sugar or tobacco. Likes give you the same kind of dopamine rush without any of the endorphins you would get from doing something that's actually fulfilling. It's an addictive cheap high with diminishing returns over time. In many ways it's like being a drug addict.

>You get to see people for what they really are, instead of what they want you to see.
False.
People fake shit all the time on social media. one of the main reasons people are unhappy because they see someone else is doing better than them and start comparing themselves. But, they don't know that the other person is being shit on even more but he doesn't share any of that shit

social media is for pretending you have a better life than you really do. when you see all your friends, family, vague acquaintances, etc, only posting about how great things are going, you look at your own unfiltered, kinda dull life, and feel inadequate.

i live in a fucking 13ft camper and shit in an outhouse with no walls 3/4 of the year (outdoorsy job) and i feel like the king of the world, because i ain't reading about some old highschool friend's new baby, or new house, or expensive trip to wherever

>People fake shit all the time on social media.
Exactly.
You get to see them for the disgusting fraudulent vain people that they truly are.

Because you either only see really depressing shit about how shitty people's lives are, or staged perfection that makes you feel inadequate about your own life

>Frank's been that way for a long time. He puts on the persona because he's retarded levels of anti-social, and it helps him cope with being on camera (something he stated in one of his early vids).
Honestly I'd rather he wasn't on camera. Ever.

You get two types of people on social media. Those who are unhappy with their lot in life (poor people) and those who want to show off (rich fags).

I only come to 4chins to bitch and moan anonymously about being a fuck up. I can't exactly talk about my fucked up life on Facebook etc or I would probably be committed/arrested. Plus I hate people in general.

Closest I get to social media is Sup Forums.

Because you see people you barely like doing awesome shit so you hate your life

>social media is for pretending you have a better life than you really do. when you see all your friends, family, vague acquaintances, etc, only posting about how great things are going, you look at your own unfiltered, kinda dull life, and feel inadequate.

This, plus remember when facebook was caught a/b testing feed manipulation to try and control people's emotions? Do you honestly believe they stopped when they were caught?