Receivers

Hey Sup Forums

I'm curious if anyone knows of any 7.2 ch receivers that accept 480/720p/1080p over component.

I can't seem to find any. The Pioneer VSX-80 accepts up to 1080i, which is fine, but it's pretty expensive. I checked some Onkyo and they seem to only accept 480i for some dumbass reason.

reeeee

>1080p
>over component
for what purpose

Component to HDMI would work wouldn't it?

A component to hdmi scaler is a piece of shit and they introduce noise and distortion.

This. for what purpose would you want such a device? And get a yamaha fagot.

1080i is the max with component

Which Yamaha would you recommend?
Ah, got it. So I just need one that accepts 480p/720p/1080i

I did a quick search, oddly, component information is hard to find.

The VSX-80 elite pioneer will accept those resolutions via component. But it's not Dolby Atmos.

Component doesn't have the bandwidth to support Atmos anyway. Is this a troll thread? What the hell are you actually trying to do here?

Oh, I know.

Play Wii and Xbox over 480p with component, without using a scaler or converter box, because they keep introducing noise and bullshit.

hmmm

Just go with the VSX-80 then

Does your tv have component on it?

I have my pc and xbox plugged into the HDMI ports on my tv because the receiver introduces way the fuck too much latency and just have it connected to the optical audio out.

It's actually kind of nice this way as I can leave the receiver on the same setting no matter which input I'm using.

This would be the only way I could see you pulling off what you're looking for

I have a projector. It has VGA.

My receiver has never introduced any latency.

My Marantz 6001 introduces tons of latency. Might be because it's kind of old and uses like HDMI 1.4 or 1.5, but either way I like it more this way. Also makes it easier to switch to plain old tv speakers if I'm concerned about making too much noise for others in the house.

>Marantz 6001
Yeah, get a Yamaha or Pioneer.

I have a ~3 year old Yamaha as well that I use in the living room. It's not as bad but still adds noticeable latency. Also happens to have a newer version of HDMI.

Brand is borderline irrelevant these days as they all use a lot of the same circuitry from SANYO on the inside. ONKYO, Yamaha, and Pioneer all had a high end unit not too long ago that shared a hardware issue related to the same signal processor overheating and coming detached. Not that any of them are bad, it's just there's really very little difference between any of them.

>component for non retro reason
OK

>tfw fell for surround meme
>its noticeable in only a few games on ps3 and only when something loud is happening
>movies feel like stereo because why would you create a sound and not show source of it on screen(which is front).
Maybe if I had audiophile setup and noise measurement tool to calibrate distance/power of every speaker I would have noticed surround

Your shit is probably set up all wrong. In just about every game on my xbone and pc there's plenty of sound thrown to the rear channels. It's actually really immersive when done well.

My rear channels are in my ceiling and I kept having to look behind me to make sure there wasn't actually watter dripping on the floor when I was running through some caves in the Witcher 2.

What? You're even able to get surround in pc games? There is no way to do that without pc game audio codecs like THX or something like that. I'm able to get DTS and dolby in cccp/cmp-hc but in games I'm stuck with stereo. The fact that I'm using spdif optical connector might be important in my case.

I hate to
>works on my machine :^)
But I'm actually using optical audio as well.
Well actually video card -> HDMI -> TV -> optical -> receiver but my shit just werks

Make sure you DON'T have virtual surround enabled on realtek audio as that garbage is mean for headphones.

Audio output from Gpu might be the reason why it works for you. I have no way to set it up like this right now. But thanks anyway, now I have more clues.