Autism OS

SSH is disabled by default because maintainers know its mostly used by retards who hook is up to a monitor and keyboard, fiddle with it for an hour and give up for ever.

Why is literally everything about raspbian so bad?

Armbian FTW.

Other urls found in this thread:

raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/ssh/
sparkfun.com/products/13707
armbian.com/pcduino3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arch Linux ARM FTW

It isn't disabled by default. I set up one last week and had no problems. SSH with root is not possible (how it actually should be because there is no root passwort set, which you have to do)

afaik alarm has this shit disabled too

>As of the November 2016 release, Raspbian has the SSH server disabled by default.
>raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/ssh/

>Raspbian
>Sets up static ip in /etc/network/interfaces
>Still getting a dynamic ip
>No official documentation on how to do the most basic of things
>Rambling retards in forums can only come up with "OH it has to do with dhcpd, run dhcpd.exe and itll be k"
>Oh wew great help, lad. And why is it like that? Any reason why this shit cant be like regular debian?
>Keep trying shit, doesnt work.
>Give up and reserve a dynamic ip for the raspberry pi on the router because tired of dealing with this shit.

>Anything serious
>raspbian
pick one.

>SSH is disabled by default because maintainers know its mostly used by retards who hook is up to a monitor and keyboard, fiddle with it for an hour and give up for ever.

So wait, disabling network services on installation by default is a bad thing now?

Jesus Christ, what has happened to Sup Forums's common sense?

This is my experience with it.
Launching it with noobs I was given a config file for basic settings for opening boot, 2 settings out of the whole file worked as I instructed.

Damn. Still using 2016-05-27-raspbian-jessie

>disabling network services
Fine, disable every single network service, why would you need dhcp by default?

No one uses a raspberry pi with a monitor, mouse and keyboard except absolute beginners. The only reason to have it disabled it because theyre afraid retards wont change the password or pick a shitty one and have their rpi become part of a botnet or something like that.

>The only reason to have it disabled it because theyre afraid retards wont change the password or pick a shitty one and have their rpi become part of a botnet or something like that.

...but that's a 100% valid security concern. The fuck is wrong with you?

Shame you have to hook it up to a TV and use a keyboard first time round but it makes sense.

I've had no problems with raspbian, the minimal iso is great. The WiFi is trash though, it disconnects at the slightest amount of load. Ethernet is fine.

Using it for pihole and a NAS right now.

mostly used by retards who hook is up to a monitor and keyboard, fiddle with it for an hour and give up for ever.TAHT SOUNDS JUST LIKE OP

>...but that's a 100% valid security concern. The fuck is wrong with you?
No its not, those people wouldnt be able to keep to keep their uptime above a day, no danger there. Ok yeah it is a valid concern, im just mad because ill have to jump through hoops to get this toy working on top of everything else thats wrong with raspbian.

>jump through hoops
But you don't have to do that.

You know there something wrong when the Chinese ripoff is overall much comfier than the real thing.

wanna know how I know you're fat?

the pepole hu has brains has their ow deafult image that are set fine OP by BIGGER HARD DRIVE or plus one SD CARD for defailt image and free tip most of the stuf enginers try to make the idot prof

>For headless setup, SSH can be enabled by placing a file named 'ssh', without any extension, onto the boot partition of the SD card.

Oh my god, this is going to kill you, so much effort

> there are people In this thread RIGHT NOW that don't use gentoo for the ARM architecture

For almost two years, Ubuntu just runs fine on my $35 Odroid C1

noobs > raspbian

>mfw only find out about armbian now
thanks OP.

They screwed up the adduser script as well. Be prepared to manually add your new user to the proper groups if you want to use X11 or audio.

The jobs I'm running on my PC are bottlenecked by the 180MB/s of sustained sequential read speed of my HDD. Running that shit over USB 2.0 would take more than three times as much.

My man. OrangePi's are the best. Have a regular PiPC running for the last few months non stop as a headless seeding server.

Whats the point of a pihole?

Enjoy your backdoors and no software support

Have you ever updated the kernel?

>backdoors
conspiracy tards should at least attempt to provide evidence supporting their claims
>no software support
I havent had any problems yet, can you give us an exemple of a situation where i might need support from the manufacturer? Probably not.

i dont like raspian but its looks like you should better use windows

Its being phased out.

>complains that newbies use OS made for cheap computer for newbies
>complains that feature for non-newbies isn't enabled by default

Good on them. Nothing should be enabled by default. There is a fucking GUI settings app included with the thing and if you check a box it enables ssh.

This is a pretty weak thread, what's your real game here? Pushing your shitshow of a botnet of a Pi OS?

>not understanding that raspbian is just debian
>no going to the debian docs and reading about your problem there
>being a redhat retard
nice

>argument ad absurium
you realize you aren't helping your case

Pajeet there will pretend he never read this and continue with his current retarded tack. Pajeets need something repeated to the at least three times before it penetrates their curry-addled synapses.

Network wide adblocking. I understand you can do that through host files (on the router I assume) but you can't ssh into netgear routers and the alternative is modifying hosts on each device.

Lol no one actually uses the OrangePi supplied images, Armbian is the only usable OS on there. The supplied images are fucked when it comes to some settings so overheat like crazy and end up locking out some of the cores.

The real question is why would you want to use a pi as a gateway. It doesn't have enough throughput.

>Armbian FTW

Okay what if rmbian drops support for orange pi?

Why would they?

raspbian PIXEL is mad comfy though.

Aren't you confusing it with i686 support? ALARM is separate from the main Arch Linux which is ending 32-bit "base" support.

Setup #1 with static IP
-Pihole
Ubiquiti
Duckdns

#2 PiVPN
OpenRSD

I don't get all the hate.

>backdoor
patched in Armbian

you could say the same for most boards that aren't the pi if the main distro or two drop support. not gonna happen anytime soon for it to be a concern though and by the time it does, just spend $20 on a new chink board,

Is that the newest kernel there is for the odroid c1?

They didnt disabled because they think most of their user base hooks the raspi to a screen, it was because of the iot-related ddos from last year. Even disabling SSH, you can still initialize its Daemon in the RC.local file.

Get your facts straight, you pleb.

Wrong.

Wrong again.

I just ordered an Orange Pi with the pre-written SDcard. I hope they put Arch like I asked, but put Ubuntu/Debian as a second. I'll have to find out what settings to change.

Flash with Armbian instead.
Seriously, every other build is likely to be outdated and lacking kernel features including proper GPIO and ACPI support.

Well okay, It's an Orange Pi Zero, but I'll take your word for it. Maybe the person at Xunlong will put the Armbian on.

>It doesn't have enough throughput.
wrong

I have 200Mbit connection.

>everybody is the same
Yes but the other guy might just have DSL.

create a file named ssh in /boot and use ssh you fag

>he bought the SJW board

>create a file named ssh in /boot
Why in the flying fuck would a systemd service be located in /boot? You're kinda proving OP's point.

I currently have my OrangePi PC powered by the GPIO pins plugged into a USB port with a power meter and it is drawing 0.6A under full CPU load.

I imagine that if you plug in a bunch of USB devices and run a GUI then it would be considerably more like 1.5A, but if you're running headless then it's pretty easy to drive these things.

Could it be more like the OS checks for a file called ssh /boot and turns enables the SSH server on first boot if it is present?

what is that?

sparkfun.com/products/13707

a board with a piece of shit no drivers Allwinner SoC
and what looks like a shitty UART WiFi module

Yes. Yes it could. You have people who think OpenGL support is a waste of effort and believe omxplayer to be a valid solution for hardware accelerate video decoding. It seems like the people who know what needs to happen are too few and far between everyone else who have just been exposed to Linux for the first time. It's an uphill battle, and sometimes I wonder if it's a lost cause.

armbian.com/pcduino3/
Eh, seems to be doing okay.

sounds like you don't get 3d and video accleration without an ancient kernel

Fucking house fire. Heats like hell.

You don't get 3d and video acceleration on Mali GPUs in GNU/Linux period. Only bits and pieces as per ARMs approval.

And that's why SBCs with Mali GPUs suck

So, something I have been wondering. I have a Cubietruck set up as a media / NextCloud server, running Armbian. Works great (pic related).

Recently bought an RPi to be a front end at the living room TV. I decided on OSMC because it's based on Raspbian because I think this means I'm able to use the hardware FPU? Or something? Does it include proprietary Mali drivers? Performance in Kodi is supposed to be good.

I'm a bit confused on some of these points exactly, and it's been hard to find good info.

Amirite?

>sudo raspi-config
>7 Advanced Options
>A4 SSH
>
et voilá you dumb fuck

Bumping for justice

Nice Jewtits. Anyway you only get acceleration if you buy the codec from the rpi foundation. It's cheap and works great.

>static ip
If you want to reserve a static IP on your local network for your pi, then use your router's dhcp reservation settings to reserve an IP for your PI's mac address. If you want your IP to be static on the internet, then talk to your ISP. What the fuck were you trying to set up in the Pi's config?