haha wtf it's like you guys aren't even trying

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mm0kkoZnUEg
zennioptical.com/beyond-uv-blue-blocker
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My gf got me a pair of these. I wear them and have no complaints

My contacts have 100% UV protection.

Literally on my fucking eyeballs

My specs have a purple sheen what's that?

Do these actually work or is it just a meme?

Every single pair of glasses, and contact lenses made have a UV blocking coating.

What I think OP was hinting at is called Blue Blocker which blocks certain blue light the same way yellow tinted glasses do, but without the tint.

I plan on getting a pair to try out

>Filters blue light
So I'm supposed to see in GB colors now, and not in RGB?

>Digital UV rays
Explain why LCD emits UV rays.

Fuck I meant RG and not GB ofcourse.

You know you can delet your posts right?

And rewrite the whole thing? No tahnks,

look up blue light generated from computers and the damage is causes to your eyes and brain

No need for this, my monitor has blue light reduction

Sounds like one of these placebo electricity allergies thing.

>what is copy/pasta

what glasses are these?

reading

no My phone and labtob has UV Shield Screen protector

Essilor for my eyes. This is technology.

>look up blue light generated from computers and the damage is causes to your eyes and brain
Is that what you think damaged your brain?

Which digital protection glasses do you guys recommend?

will this fix insomnia?

I don't like how they look when they reflect the blue light, the lenses become violet.
I'm considering getting a pair of glasses with blue light filtering to use at home only and another pair without it to use outside the house.

Why would I wear retarded glasses instead of just turning the blue level down on my monitor itself?

Whats ur # qt3.14?

It helps

No . . .
How to do that?

You have to be using the same browser (or password)

>blue light is harmful
>Sup Forums has blue background

You can also use software like f.lux.
And Apple is also going to put in a blue light filtering feature in macOS called Night Shift.

youtu.be/Mm0kkoZnUEg

top or bottom?

This.

That's why it keeps getting worse.

You can change the Style of the board.

I've worn glasses with UV protection since forever and I use f.lux on my PC and Twilight on my phone at night.

Thank you. This aesthetic appeals to me. But I fear is still harmful.

I feel like doing it at the software level is kind of a shitty way to do it…

thankfully ddccontrol lets me change my (desktop) monitor's settings from OS

>Block blue light
>Can see still blue normally through the lens

I call bullshit, the yellow is the absence of blue, it's necessary. When I use the bluelight reduction feature on my monitor, that dims the blue subpixels, it turns yellow.

this

an equal amount of red, green and blue = white
take away blue and you have an equal amount of red and green, which equals yellow
if you can see white, it's not blocking blue, since blue is a component of white

They block a certain high frequency that's close to UV, and the same kind of blue that is uncomfortable to human eyes.

zennioptical.com/beyond-uv-blue-blocker

Well I wikipedia'd that shit to see how much that could make sense. Visible light begins at 400nm and UV light ends at 400nm. So I'd imagine any UV blocking lenses worth a shit would cover up to 400nm. And if you go higher than that, you'll be blocking visible blue light and tinting the glasses.

So what do these glasses do? Barely block blue light so they can be normal UV blocking glasses while also cashing in on the "blue blocking" buzzword that's taking the market by storm?

I'm not convinced of the benefits of totally blocking blue, and I'd be even less convinced of the benefits of blocking blue a teeny weeny bit.

Who else /20/20/ here?

well why dont you buy those glasses and find out?
they are very inexpensive.

I wear 50% yellow tint around the office, and regular elsewhere. I personally bought 4 new pairs right before they announced their new coating, otherwise I would have given them a try.

How would I even know they are working though? I don't get eye strain or fatigue looking at my monitor.

>not evolving to adapt to the harmful UV rays

Must be nice

fuck flux. use redshift.

Fuck off Reptilian

>dark themes
>redshift
>red font
>bluelightfilter
>tn panels for night time programming
>high dpi font
>easily destinguishable font
>minimal brightness monitors
>polarized film for monitors without minimal brightness capabilities
>uv(purple) and bluelight protectant glasses for 40+ work hour weeks

i dont wear glasses and i plan to be middle aged without them too.

>>dark themes
literal eye cancer

>not going /orangemode/

only outdoors and light reflecting monitors or light bleed monitors.

aka get a oled for tn(has lightbleed but atleast it doesnt have literal crt cancer)

I have the same kind of glasses with the anti blue light coating. You can tell if your glasses has one if you see a purple-like sheen when holding it at an angle. It does make things look a little yellowish or warmer but it's very subtle and you hardly notice it. I'm not really sure if it works though. It's supposed to help with eye fatigue.

nigga u hardcore. respekt

joke's on you.
i actually wear them, when i go outside