4 years later, there still isn't a reason to go for more than Snapdragon 800, 3GB RAM and 1080p

>4 years later, there still isn't a reason to go for more than Snapdragon 800, 3GB RAM and 1080p

>this is what poorfags unironically tell themselves
Many of us actually use our phones for more than shitposting on a Pakistani pointillism board. The 820's improved CPU performance makes web browsing a lot more bearable.

>web browsing
I thought you said you used your phone for things other than shitposting

>have S5 with CM13, no lag
>official lineage OS builds

Convince me to upgrade

Same here, I have HTC M8, and today flashed lineage OS 14.1 nougat, only 700 mb ram used out of 2 gb, work flow less even with stock room sense UI after 3 years.
Phones manufacturers are just jewing the stupid consumers.

Give me three reasons why I'd need more than 1080p on a 5-inch screen.

Same bro, lineage OS here as well!
Got one question, where is the themer engine for it?

My old OPO runs faster than my Moto X Pure on the garbage 808 chip. I have an Asus ZE551ML that's perfectly fine on stock 6.0. The 800 is still fine as is the 801 and 805. 808/810 are shit tier.

Have to agree that after the debacle that was 808/810 it's rather pointless.

come on Sup Forums of course we shouldn't fall for "new is better" meme; after 2014, only people who are complaining about speed is people who use go launcher+clean master+facebook combo
bad thing is user, smart phones didn't designed to last long and 3 years is average lifespan for a phone, so just a friendly advice, backup your important shit to your sd
t. ded s4 mini user

>Moto G 2013 Falcon
>Gets LineageOS support
>Rocking 7.1.1

No reason to upgrade

>1080p on a phone screen
Never saw the reason for that desu.

I am waiting for a nougat compatoble xposed version and I'm still on CM because of that. Sorry but I can't say anything about that.

>touchwizz

>uses it for more than shitposting
>uses it for web browsing

um bro you might want to get your retardation levels checked

if you don't run a touch-viz rom on a Samsung, the battery life is awful

that's alright; nobody who uses custom ROMs ever leaves their parents' basement

>Have had s4 since release
>rooted it with DirtyUnicorns/CM13/CM12.1/crdroid over time
>switched to DU because CM would lock me out of the screen when a phone call came in + other annoyances
>I only text/light web browse on my phone

Tell me why I should get a flagship phone when I won't utilise it? Also spending that kind of money on a phone is stupid. If I was going to buy anything it would be a S5 or a Note 4.

Using my brand new OnePlus 3t. Applel, sumsucks and Screwgle btfo.

jej

i run cad so i need a powerful phone modern phone

Yes there is. The new phones are becoming more rugged. Stronger screens, water resistant, metal casing and buttons. Besides that the older phones are pretty good.

google cardboard.

And how are smartphones with a 5" screen a good platform for a technology which requires a 4K screen to be viable and fully utilized?

>Snapdragon

The best phone of 2016 OnePlus 3T has 1080p screen. Anyway your phone is too small. Below 5.5" is manlet tier.

U pulled that out of your ass

i have a Nexus 5x and a Pixel.

USB-C and qUICK cHARGE IS FUN cos the 2 hour charge is history. It's now 45 minutes or your money back.

Fair enough. But we all know that VR technology requires extremely high resolution screens in order to be utilized fully. I don't think that smartphones should be the early adopters of it.

That's Note III.

Can you even count to three faggot?

Google Cardboard isn't even a valid reason, it's nothing more than a gimmick that you would play with for 10 minutes and then completely forget about.

this. The difference between my Nexus 5 and my friends Moto G3 is barely noticeable in day to day use.
And to think that people are falling for the 1440p meme.

can you take your entitlement elsewhere. I gave you one child and that's what you get.

Rocking my 3t rn
>Feels good man

no, i dont believe that.

music player, web browser, social media and thats it. it's a teenager device.

>Some of us use our phones for more than shitposting

>For example, Web Browsing

if you need modern phones summed up in one post here it is
people are literally getting these because it's just what you do now